Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bloody great start from this bloke. Apparently he was the one who convinced Levy Nuno could do the job. Fuck me. Something very dodgy about the whole Mendes connections too. Very unimpressed with the so-called 'Don' thus far.

Interesting that they used his quotes in the official announcement and not anything from Levy - Daniel attempting to shift the blame?

Obviously, if the reports are true that Nuno was his choice, then it's absolutely Paratici's fuck up - not the best start to his life at Spurs, is it.

Interesting that they used his quotes in the official announcement and not anything from Levy - Daniel attempting to shift the blame?

Obviously, if the reports are true that Nuno was his choice, then it's absolutely Paratici's fuck up - not the best start to his life at Spurs, is it.
True, but also if he’s dealt with it swiftly and then bags conte he has possibly redeemed himself. Admittedly the board would have to have sanctioned both those steps and possibly influenced them.
Would be interesting to know if paratici would have stuck with Nuno.

Well it was Paratici's pick so he has to own it and take the blame.

his first choice was antonio conte, but levy preferred someone cheaper

I think our signings were half decent considering the minimal budget and previous years fuck ups
Not one of them has come in and made a tangible improvement to our starting 11

Still relatively early days but I don't think any of them can be considered decent at this point

Not one of them has come in and made a tangible improvement to our starting 11

Still relatively early days but I don't think any of them can be considered decent at this point
Not being utter shit is an improvement on PEH, Doherty etc and the legacy of the few years prior

See lots of criticism for Paratici in this thread. But he's been here 5 minutes/1 window, and in my mind there are already several good signs.

1. Conte - absolutely no chance we get him without Paratici. In fact it's mad he's seemingly coming to us given the state of our squad.

2. Romero - again Paratici crucial to this signing, and a sign he can bring top players even when we aren't top 6.

3. Gil, Sarr - they may or may not work out but there's no doubt they were very highly rated when we bought them. Both full internationals and way more exciting than the likes of Clarke and Sessegnon who we were buying before.

Conte was always Paratici's first choice. Nuno was 4th or 5th. Now we have a DoF and manager in synch we have much better chances of building something good.

See lots of criticism for Paratici in this thread. But he's been here 5 minutes/1 window, and in my mind there are already several good signs.

1. Conte - absolutely no chance we get him without Paratici. In fact it's mad he's seemingly coming to us given the state of our squad.

2. Romero - again Paratici crucial to this signing, and a sign he can bring top players even when we aren't top 6.

3. Gil, Sarr - they may or may not work out but there's no doubt they were very highly rated when we bought them. Both full internationals and way more exciting than the likes of Clarke and Sessegnon who we were buying before.

Conte was always Paratici's first choice. Nuno was 4th or 5th. Now we have a DoF and manager in synch we have much better chances of building something good.
On top of this the fact he's been able to convince him to join mid-season is even more incredible, something he's said he wouldn't do.

As usual there are always a few positives but I would say the negatives easily outweigh the positives, especially when you look at his history at Juve.

1. Nuno can be his 200th choice, it sure looks like it was his idea to bring in Nuno and have a more pragmatic focus. Even if it was his 4/5th choice the guys in front of him outside of Conte which any of us could have picked, were terrible as well.

2. Not addressing so many of our issues is inexcusable. Yes Romero looks good but no RW, no creative MF, only one CB, no starting level RB and no back-up striker meant we had an absolute shit summer.

Paratici is still far in the negative in terms of his job so far at Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom