Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy’s bringing in Paratici so that he can have someone to blame and sack, instead of himself, when the next manager fails :levystare:

Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
I mean, that's one of the main reasons for a DoF.

Harsh, but true.

Are they holding off officially announcing Paratici because they think it wouldn't look good to do so before getting the new manager in?

Silly if so. They've been bombarding us with social media fluff for the last two weeks that have made us look clownish while the world and his wife knows we're flailing around.

Are they holding off officially announcing Paratici because they think it wouldn't look good to do so before getting the new manager in?

Silly if so. They've been bombarding us with social media fluff for the last two weeks that have made us look clownish while the world and his wife knows we're flailing around.

There is no rush, most of the players we are interested in should be gone to our rivals soon anyways.

It's not like we have ever outbid a rival team for a player anyway. We only go after players that nobody else is interested in yet somehow still end up overpaying. See Ndombele, Sissoko, Davinson etc. If anybody else had been interested then we wouldn't have signed them.

We have no idea how to operate as a supposedly elite club.

Ally Gold's piece deserves to be in this thread.

I particularly note:

Some clubs in stronger positions will be hoping to take advantage of Inter's need to sell this summer.
Tottenham need to sell players themselves in order to generate funds to sign new ones but with their desire to bring in a new centre-back, some of the fans are hoping Paratici will return for Milan Skriniar, who they could not prise away from Inter last season, among other players.
However, one big obstacle in the way could be Inter Milan's CEO of Sport, Beppe Marotta.
The 64-year-old has a long history with Paratici, having taken him to Juventus with him from Sampdoria in 2010 as head of scouting.
The duo drew plenty of praise for their partnership with the younger man explaining their relationship in 2018.
"We were complementary. I dealt with the more technical aspects of the job, like scouting, talking with agents and finding the players," he told Sky Sports.
"We always discussed the deals together, because he is very experienced and knows football, he was aware of the numbers and how far a negotiation could go. I brought the deals to the final stage and then he swooped in to help me avoid making mistakes."
It was in 2018 that Marotta resigned from the club. The Italian media speculated at the time that Paratici had come to an agreement over a move for Cristiano Ronaldo with the player's agent Jorge Mendes and when Marotta doubted that the deal worked financially for the club, Paratici went above him to the chairman Andrea Agnelli.
Ronaldo signed, Marotta resigned not too long after and Paratici inherited a larger, all-encompassing role to take on Marotta's duties.
What is clear is that the pair did not appear to part on good terms.
Last month, when asked about a return to Juventus having won the title with Inter, Marotta did not mask his feelings.
"My time in Turin gave me a lot, besides the bittersweet departure," he said." I have maintained a good relationship with everybody except for Paratici, but it is more of a personal matter than a professional one.
"I am a manager and I am accustomed to accepting the choices of the team I work for. That is is what happened in September of 2018, even though honestly I did not see it coming."

Spurs' new man Fabio Paratici and his awkward relationship with Inter Milan

Just to add, I suspect Gold's piece means that we will not be signing any Inter players this summer, regardless of whether Conte gets the head coach gig or not.

As Marotta says, it's "personal" with Paratici.

Just to add, I suspect Gold's piece means that we will not be signing any Inter players this summer, regardless of whether Conte gets the head coach gig or not.

As Marotta says, it's "personal" with Paratici.

Unless Conte is coming in I doubt we would sign any of them anyways.

They will be looking to move on from players on big wages and I doubt that Levy will go for that. As much as we all want Bastoni, Barella I doubt those are the guys they will be moving. Maybe Skriniar but I doubt it will be on the cheap.

Tottenham Hotspur Chairman and professional thief in the night, Danny Levy, is delighted to announcement the appointment of new human shield Paratici.

As part of his first duty, following a cuppa coffee with Steve Hitchins, he is to announce and lead the press conference for tube travelling “so good no one else wanted him” Dutch legend Erik ten Hag.

Despite (probably) not talking any English
Paratici will field questions such as;

50 days to appoint this guy ?

Do you realise that the lack of hair in the management chain is reflective of an increased covid risk ?

Did you find this guy was your first choice before or after asking everyone else ?

think this guy will impress your dressing room in a way Conte could not ?

Has Erik completed his FA level one badge ?

Does Erik like a bit of the Dutch courage ?

......club chairman Daniel Levy will be nowhere to be seen......

and we will be back here in 18 months time

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like this appointment only made sense when in conjunction with Conte coming in as manager?

With Conte having seen sense I'd have preferred Rangick or Campos coming in as DoF, rather than the guy that spunked £400k per week all over Aaron Ramsay's face...

Anyone else feel like this appointment only made sense when in conjunction with Conte coming in as manager?

With Conte having seen sense I'd have preferred Rangick or Campos coming in as DoF, rather than the guy that spunked £400k per week all over Aaron Ramsay's face...
Yes we have 2 proven talent spotters out of work, both known for finding bargains and buying younger players but it feels we've gone for the 'cor this guy was at Juventus' option. He may turn out to be good but his recent record hardly inspires confidence and again it feels the wrong fit for what we are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom