Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes we have 2 proven talent spotters out of work, both known for finding bargains and buying younger players but it feels we've gone for the 'cor this guy was at Juventus option'. He may turn out to be good but his recent record hardly inspires confidence and again it feels the wrong fit for what we are.
Just seems to be symptomatic of the absolute clusterfuck that is everything Spurs at the moment.

Like you say, there are 2 ideal candidates available, yet here we are taking on the guy who did it at Juventus, like Levy is hiring the guy for what he wants to pretend we are rather than what we actually are.

I'd say for the first 3/4 of the Enic tenure we looked like aclub with a plan, a clear strategy at least on most fronts, and then when we actually reached the initial goal of becoming a top 4 regular, he shat the bed and didn't know what to do next.

Now we just seem rudderless, the new DoF should at least improve things on that front, even if he doesn't seem to be the best available candidate.

Personally I think Paratici is being written off and under rated because of a couple of bad signings. The fact of the matter Ramsey as bad a signing as he was they were trying to carry on winning the title while massively overly extended finance wise. If you look at the young players he has signed over the years he has done just as well as Campos or Ragnick the only advantage they have is those young players go directly to the first team.

Personally I think Paratici is being written off and under rated because of a couple of bad signings. The fact of the matter Ramsey as bad a signing as he was they were trying to carry on winning the title while massively overly extended finance wise. If you look at the young players he has signed over the years he has done just as well as Campos or Ragnick the only advantage they have is those young players go directly to the first team.

Who’d have thought it, spurs fans only looking for the negative in things and ignoring the positives!

Again, I hope Paratici is a huge success.

But TFC constantly scrutinises & analyses every single decision Levy makes.

When he appoints a head coach, we try to find as much info as possible & discuss the pros & cons in detail.

When he signs a player, ditto.

I'm simply applying the same process to one of the most important decisions Levy has ever made, the appointment of our new Director of Football.

I suspect some people are so desperate for Levy to be taken out of the scouting & signings loop, that they're just delighted we're finally appointing a DoF.

I get that. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop learning as much as possible about Paratici, & discussing it - hopefully constructively - with other Spurs fans.

For instance, the Ally Gold article above (page 9) about Paratici's relationship with with his former mentor & now Inter DoF Marotta contains lots of useful info.

Again, I hope Paratici is a huge success.

But TFC constantly scrutinises & analyses every single decision Levy makes.

When he appoints a head coach, we try to find as much info as possible & discuss the pros & cons in detail.

When he signs a player, ditto.

I'm simply applying the same process to one of the most important decisions Levy has ever made, the appointment of our new Director of Football.

I suspect some people are so desperate for Levy to be taken out of the scouting & signings loop, that they're just delighted we're finally appointing a DoF.

I get that. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop learning as much as possible about Paratici, & discussing it - hopefully constructively - with other Spurs fans.

For instance, the Ally Gold article above (page 9) about Paratici's relationship with with his former mentor & now Inter DoF Marotta contains lots of useful info.
I think we need to wait and see what title he is given, I have a feeling it wont be DoF.

After 20 years some introspection.
Better late then never. Here is the article quote:

There are few people in football who enjoy as much power at a club as Levy does at Tottenham Hotspur. He has run almost every aspect of the club for 20 years now, right down to the little details. From contracts and transfers to the stadium and the training ground, and of course the hiring and firing of various managers, head coaches and sporting directors. But more recently, Levy has accepted that the time has come to delegate more. Which is why he wants Paratici to oversee all football matters from now on.

I said it earlier, but the amount of responsibility Levy had was unconscionable for the size of a club like Spurs. It is also a much better position for Faratici to come into now in any case. Before Poch, the club turnover was less than £200m, moving forward, it should be £400m+.

Cautiously optimistic at this point.

Encouraging quote. But ultimately a control freak and egoist like Levy will only truly step back if a) he approves of Paratici's work and b) he can still somehow take some of the credit. If he has doubts about where Paratici is heading he'll find it hard to resist meddling. If Paratici gets the credit when things go well, he'll find it hard not to get jealous.

I welcome the change, but Daniel Levy conceding anything?

Animated GIF

Spurs fans : we need a Dof

Also Spurs fans : that cunt Levy appointing a yes man to take the blame 😡
Any old cunt who actually sign a player, any player, is preferable to ‘no signings for 12 months’ Levy

I would take David Pleat over ‘Daniel’

Any old cunt who actually sign a player, any player, is preferable to ‘no signings for 12 months’ Levy

I would take David Pleat over ‘Daniel’
This is where the proof will be in the pudding. Paratici historically has liked to make a lot of moves. Levy likes to make every move a protracted drama. We’re in desperate need of squad overhaul.

here we go batman GIF

Back
Top Bottom