Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any pics?
Yep

micromachines-12-00332-g004.png

Why did Poch last 5 years? How long did he last after his outburst about only being a coach?

And are you really trying to be so naive in thinking a manager will walk away from a huge contract because he doesn't get exactly what he wants?

Jose is a certified bullshitter who claimed he had changed the mentality of the team, yet they became worse and worse. He was shit, that's why he couldn't continue as manager, because he spent money on shit, had shit tactics, an ego the size of the universe and got shit results. What sort of footballing dinosaur would have an incredibly strong attack, yet try and base his tactics on the weak defence?

So the Bergwijn one? Why was he still on the table despite our manager changing? We tried for Piatek too under Poch and Mourinho? Did both managers want the same players?

And as for Steve Hitchin, I hope as a Spurs fan that I will soon not have to worry about him at my club.
You keep believing Poch was totally blameless in his entire Spurs career.
I will look at facts and the facts say he won fuck all.
I am glad he is not coming back and look forward to seeing the shit he bought for us being sold asap

You keep believing Poch was totally blameless in his entire Spurs career.
I will look at facts and the facts say he won fuck all.
I am glad he is not coming back and look forward to seeing the shit he bought for us being sold asap
Jesus that's some leap of faith you took there to go from the argument that Poch might not have a say in transfers to full on Poch hate fiesta.

Do you think Mourinho had any good transfers? Were they all his signings? Even Bale who he tried desperately not to use?

Oh and whisper it. Mourinho won fuck all for us too.

It's got nothing to do with some made-up "defeatist Spurs attitude".

I checked out Paratici's CV hoping to find someone who could massively improve the quality of our player recruitment and find the next Berbatovs, Modrics, Bales, before they are global superstars demanding wages we are never going to pay.

And I found nothing, nada, zero in Paratici's CV suggesting he's a good fit for us. Maybe for Conte's "project" of buying established, expensive players for mega-money. But Levy wanted no part of Conte's approach. And I certainly don't see him sanctioning signing injury-prone players on free transfers for £400k pw. Look how careful he was with Bale's loan contract.

But for the sake of argument, maybe there's a different side to Paratici. Maybe he can identify & sign the next Luka Modric or even Christian Eriksen for a competitive transfer.

And because I believe To Dare Is To Do, I genuinely hope Paratici can deliver this.

But no one has presented any evidence that Paratici has made this type of signing when he was at Juventus.
But...if you look at.joses CV you'd say he was the best fit and would make us winners....and he didn't. Also, our most successful manager in years came from.lowly Southampton and had no real track record so....
Let's see how it goes. Gotta be better than mason. Probably better than Jose. Could turn out to be a miracle worker. Genuinely hard to tell.

Jesus that's some leap of faith you took there to go from the argument that Poch might not have a say in transfers to full on Poch hate fiesta.

Do you think Mourinho had any good transfers? Were they all his signings? Even Bale who he tried desperately not to use?

Oh and whisper it. Mourinho won fuck all for us too.
Didn't hate Poch in the slightest I stated earlier good coach but shit in the transfer market.
After the initial 3 months poch had us playing great football for 3 seasons but once we started spending big money we declined and the last 10 months with the exception of a lucky Champions league run we were shocking.
But according to you Poch had no input in Sissoko Aurier Sanchez Ndombele Lo Celso and Sess.
Well over £200 million which none of them have improved the team we had.

Didn't hate Poch in the slightest I stated earlier good coach but shit in the transfer market.
After the initial 3 months poch had us playing great football for 3 seasons but once we started spending big money we declined and the last 10 months with the exception of a lucky Champions league run we were shocking.
But according to you Poch had no input in Sissoko Aurier Sanchez Ndombele Lo Celso and Sess.
Well over £200 million which none of them have improved the team we had.
Poch was screaming about the need for a squad overhaul and we went 18 months without signing anyone.

Are you just a serial liar? Like do you not even realize?

But...if you look at.joses CV you'd say he was the best fit and would make us winners....and he didn't. Also, our most successful manager in years came from.lowly Southampton and had no real track record so....
Let's see how it goes. Gotta be better than mason. Probably better than Jose. Could turn out to be a miracle worker. Genuinely hard to tell.

I don't know, I think the thing is....we all thought we were past that. We felt like we were in a good place football wise and even when Mourinho was appointed, you're right, on paper it looked great.

I think part of the problem is that when Levy fucks up, his automatic answer is to go to the complete opposite and that throws the balance of the club off.

I'm hoping that it's not going to be the case this time. Last DoF we had was responsible for the summer of 7 failures with the Bale money and we lost our big time on that. Levy is probably hovering over Paratici's shoulder (with Hitchens waiting in the wings) and Mak ng sure that he understands that no matter who we try to send the, it's still going to come down to Levy's signature, and that's more than half the battle.

Best of luck to the poor bastard.

Seems to be a lot more "leaks" re our transfers since this guy has turned up.

Thuram, Rossi both coming out in past day. Preciously for a few years I never had us down as an ITK club, where as this first couple names have came very quickly and very hard...?

Seems to be a lot more "leaks" re our transfers since this guy has turned up.

Thuram, Rossi both coming out in past day. Preciously for a few years I never had us down as an ITK club, where as this first couple names have came very quickly and very hard...?
It's not true, agents or clubs always leak info in order to draw interest from other clubs which ultimately creates bidding wars and higher salaries or transfer fees

It's not true, agents or clubs always leak info in order to draw interest from other clubs which ultimately creates bidding wars and higher salaries or transfer fees
And Spurs are like the world’s most popular club to do that with for whatever reason.

Us, United and Woolwich. Big fanbases who will give life to the rumors I guess.

So Alisdair Gold confirms that this guy is coming in and cleaning house. I like him already. Shift the deadweight and things are looking up.

I've no problem with the idea of a manager developing the youngsters - which the Fonz appears to be good at. We'll probably have to resign ourselves to top 6 at best for a year or two, but I'm ok with that if the new blood are eager and the football's more entertaining. A bit more attacking and a bit more backing and we could find ourselves in a good place. And if fate (VAR) smiles on us and it's top 4 then maybe we've got ourselves the next gen Poch.

Or we spiral desperately out of control, finish 20 points behind spam and all end up heavily medicated, weeping on a damp park bench with kebab stains on our shirts...

Maybe, but not today, as Indiana Jones would say.

Back
Top Bottom