Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On track to get more done this window than Hitchen has in about 5 windows. He spent ages in Milan to still not get Skriniar. Paratici was working on deals while watching us play friendlies.

Fabio looks like the breath of fresh air the club needed. Someone who lives and breathes his job.

Paratici’s mentality in negotiations. “I learned an important rule: if you like a player and you consider him important, you can pay a little more than the market price because you have to buy this guy. This can only happen if you are convinced of the player’s skills and potential. If you see a top talent and are sure of him, you cannot lose him for a few million: pay and move on.”

Let’s see how this jives with Levy!

Obvs it’s a fluffer piece by a tame journo but I can’t help but be impressed by Paratici’s apparent drive and tenacity. Hopefully we will see this transfer positively onto the pitch and throughout the whole club, a more joined up football structure/philosophy.

Paratici’s mentality in negotiations. “I learned an important rule: if you like a player and you consider him important, you can pay a little more than the market price because you have to buy this guy. This can only happen if you are convinced of the player’s skills and potential. If you see a top talent and are sure of him, you cannot lose him for a few million: pay and move on.”

Obvs it’s a fluffer piece by a tame journo but I can’t help but be impressed by Paratici’s apparent drive and tenacity. Hopefully we will see this transfer positively onto the pitch and throughout the whole club, a more joined up football structure/philosophy.
Love reading this. A big problem with businessmen who get involved in sport, like Levy, is that they get fixated on winning the deal rather than making the right sporting decision.

Transactions in sport are not like transactions in business as they are immensely personal and require building a team of individuals. Too often we’ve seen Levy prioritize winning the deal over a few million quid rather than making the right sporting decision that would make him money in the long run. It’s myopic and someone with a proper background in sport like Paratici shouldn’t make such mistakes.

On track to get more done this window than Hitchen has in about 5 windows. He spent ages in Milan to still not get Skriniar. Paratici was working on deals while watching us play friendlies.

Fabio looks like the breath of fresh air the club needed. Someone who lives and breathes his job.
Hitchin worked hard in 2019 to bring in Ndombele, Sessegnon, LoCelso, Clarke........everyone was happy, just a shame all have been duds so far. That's why only time will tell if Paratici is doing a good job. Despite being on the phone 24/7 we have signed a reserve goalie on loan and that's about it so far. Gil, Romero, Kounde, Tomiyasu all appear decent on YouTube but we have to see how they adapt to England and the PL if we manage to sign them.

Love reading this. A big problem with businessmen who get involved in sport, like Levy, is that they get fixated on winning the deal rather than making the right sporting decision.

Transactions in sport are not like transactions in business as they are immensely personal and require building a team of individuals. Too often we’ve seen Levy prioritize winning the deal over a few million quid rather than making the right sporting decision that would make him money in the long run. It’s myopic and someone with a proper background in sport like Paratici shouldn’t make such mistakes.
This is spot on imho.

I think this is particularly prevalent with Levy and the transfer window. Not signing players till the last possible moment surely has to be a false economy.

Let’s say by signing player X on deadline day you save £4 million. By that point they’ve missed preseason entirely plus 3/4 games. Player X is then playing catch up in terms of fitness and tactical instruction. What does that cost in the season? 4/5/6 points dropped because they weren’t bedded in over the summer. That has been a difference between Champions League qualification or not for us.

I also think this is why we also see many successful businessman lose their shit when it comes to sport. Making decisions and move that they’ve never contemplate in their everyday jobs.

You can’t compare Hitchen to Paratici. Hitchen has never had control of transfers. Always had Daniel on his shoulder controlling the money.
After the balls up with Mourinho, Daniel has obviously seen the error of his ways and given over the football transfers to Fabio. Levy needs to concentrate on getting the stadium sorted, events and naming rights. Also the other stuff with building houses and flats etc.
The way it’s going there are likely to be 7 out of the door.
Likely to be Xmas before we can say whether it has gone well or not.

Credit where it's due though, he clearly woke up to the fact that handing Hitchen ever more power and operational leeway was a bad idea.

But let's get more than a loan-to-buy backup goalie before we start jerking each other off about Don Fabio's freedom to wheel and deal with Levy's money.

“I learned an important rule: if you like a player and you consider him important, you can pay a little more than the market price because you have to buy this guy. This can only happen if you are convinced of the player’s skills and potential. If you see a top talent and are sure of him, you cannot lose him for a few million: pay and move on.”

:levyeyes:

“I learned an important rule: if you like a player and you consider him important, you can pay a little more than the market price because you have to buy this guy. This can only happen if you are convinced of the player’s skills and potential. If you see a top talent and are sure of him, you cannot lose him for a few million: pay and move on.”

:levyeyes:

Hopefully this alludes to the notion that DL is prepared to just set the overall budget and back off; letting Fab sink or swim as per his own decision making......

I guess he came in a little late du be judged this summer. It's the next summer that we will see if there are early signings. I also guess he hasn't had time to get fully up to date on English talents for this window. Next summer will be the summer of Paratici. I hope. Actually think.

Not all businesses operate that way…. Perhaps in property, but in my role (Pharma tech/IT) we often pay over the odds on risky buys that could unlock lots of value in terms of bigger picture, similar to how you describe football/sport.
Levy is one dimensional as a businessman, let alone as owner of a football club

Not all businesses operate that way…. Perhaps in property, but in my role (Pharma tech/IT) we often pay over the odds on risky buys that could unlock lots of value in terms of bigger picture, similar to how you describe football/sport.
Levy is one dimensional as a businessman, let alone as owner of a football club

One might say that describes our stadium to a tee.

......Even more so considering Covid has proven it to have been a gamble; rather than the sure shot many of us (myself included) believed it to be.

You know what they say; nothing comes without risk.

.....Also see Mr T. Ndombele.

Judging by how the Romero negotiations are allegedly going it looks like we may be actually going the extra mile...

This is spot on imho.

I think this is particularly prevalent with Levy and the transfer window. Not signing players till the last possible moment surely has to be a false economy.

Let’s say by signing player X on deadline day you save £4 million. By that point they’ve missed preseason entirely plus 3/4 games. Player X is then playing catch up in terms of fitness and tactical instruction. What does that cost in the season? 4/5/6 points dropped because they weren’t bedded in over the summer. That has been a difference between Champions League qualification or not for us.

I also think this is why we also see many successful businessman lose their shit when it comes to sport. Making decisions and move that they’ve never contemplate in their everyday jobs.

And he’s done it year in year out to manager after manager. He never learns and it will take more than a couple of months of this one to convince me levy has now.

giphy.gif

Need to start seeing some of these dominoes falling now..... Need at least some of these guys up and running for the City game even if there's a couple of weeks to play with after.

21 days to KO. ⏱️

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom