Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Credit to him for bringing in Conte. Shame he didn't listen to Nuno and pay 50M for Adama though, what a shit DoF... :kanehand:

Hopefully he has something under his sleeve come January. Torres + Vlahovic would be the dream.

£50M fir Adana you must have had one too many over Xmas! Jota cost less and has far more end product. Even Torres at city is being sold for less. I’d rather we spent that sort of money on a commanding CM and defender.

£50M fir Adana you must have had one too many over Xmas! Jota cost less and has far more end product. Even Torres at city is being sold for less. I’d rather we spent that sort of money on a commanding CM and defender.
Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

now let us see you earn all the corn you've had so far
you must know who or at least the positions that MUST be filled this window
pull your finger out and get them in quickly

fogueres fogueres i've watched 3 episodes of the Juve all or nothing series on Amazon (hoping to finish tonight) and had some questions if you don't mind sharing your thoughts.

1) Pirlo was obviously a fantastic player but what were his strengths and weaknesses as a coach? Looking at the programme he seems to lack the ability to inspire his players, maybe doesn't have the personality and presence of a Conte or Klopp perhaps?

2) What is Nedveds role at the club? Is he involved with green lighting transfers? Paratici talked to him about the need to find a striker with time running out before the season started - it felt like Para was asking Nedved to get it sorted out. Is this how it worked? Was also interesting to hear Para talking about making lists of players wanted, A, B, C etc and him also saying that sometimes this goes down to M or N. How often do you think Juve didn't get players high on their list?

3) What are your thoughts on Kulu? To me he looks very talented but maybe lacks some confidence and self belief, a little shy perhaps. Is he highly rated technically?

4) How is Weston doing? He looks talented but unprofessional on the programme. His body fat percentage was 18% when he turned up!

5) Was Para forced out or could he have stayed if Spurs didn't come for him?

Thanks in advance, I may have more questions once I've watched the rest :)

fogueres fogueres i've watched 3 episodes of the Juve all or nothing series on Amazon (hoping to finish tonight) and had some questions if you don't mind sharing your thoughts.

1) Pirlo was obviously a fantastic player but what were his strengths and weaknesses as a coach? Looking at the programme he seems to lack the ability to inspire his players, maybe doesn't have the personality and presence of a Conte or Klopp perhaps?

2) What is Nedveds role at the club? Is he involved with green lighting transfers? Paratici talked to him about the need to find a striker with time running out before the season started - it felt like Para was asking Nedved to get it sorted out. Is this how it worked? Was also interesting to hear Para talking about making lists of players wanted, A, B, C etc and him also saying that sometimes this goes down to M or N. How often do you think Juve didn't get players high on their list?

3) What are your thoughts on Kulu? To me he looks very talented but maybe lacks some confidence and self belief, a little shy perhaps. Is he highly rated technically?

4) How is Weston doing? He looks talented but unprofessional on the programme. His body fat percentage was 18% when he turned up!

5) Was Para forced out or could he have stayed if Spurs didn't come for him?

Thanks in advance, I may have more questions once I've watched the rest :)
Thank you for the confidence you have placed in my answers. 🙂

I'm also seeing that series and I'm on the second episode. It's nice to see the Juventus world from the inside. Too bad it was a bad season.

1) You have grasped the problem perfectly. Pirlo was a good coach and certainly with ideas that could be worth a jump in the future but at the moment he doesn't have the experience to manage a great team. He has the authority of the former champion on the pitch but he lacks the language and vision developed by top coaches. He had been chosen for Juventus Under 23 (Serie C or third series) and in a few days he found himself in the first team. We were all hoping for the new Guardiola but he had zero bench appearances. Too little

2) Nedved is a president much listened to by Agnelli: he is part of the circle of players who in 2006 remained in Serie B. He is certainly also a friend of Agnelli. Paratici is someone who knows how to sniff out great players (or possible deals) from afar, but he is perhaps a little limited in financial management. If he has a thoroughbred executive alongside (like Levy) he can pull off some great deals. If he has too much free space in my opinion he can also make a mess (Ramsey)

3)Kulu is very good: his problem is the location. You cannot take out Chiesa or Dybala and therefore it can become a problem to get him to play. In my opinion Juventus wants to sell it.

4)McKenney has excellent lead times. He sometimes he remembers the first Vidal. I agree on professionalism: it makes me think too ...

5)In any case, Paratici second would have gone out not because it is not of value but because after a fourth place it was physiological to change. They promoted his deputy (Cherubini) and hired a numbers manager (Arrivabene) to recreate a tandem like Marotta-Paratici. In my opinion you have taken a very good manager but the real blow is Conte. Conte if he does not believe in a project he refuses. If he has accepted he means that he will give 110% to improve Tottenham and I assure you that something will happen. It is an earthquake. If you look for old player interviews you see people throwing up after their fatigue workouts.

Thank you for the confidence you have placed in my answers. 🙂

I'm also seeing that series and I'm on the second episode. It's nice to see the Juventus world from the inside. Too bad it was a bad season.

1) You have grasped the problem perfectly. Pirlo was a good coach and certainly with ideas that could be worth a jump in the future but at the moment he doesn't have the experience to manage a great team. He has the authority of the former champion on the pitch but he lacks the language and vision developed by top coaches. He had been chosen for Juventus Under 23 (Serie C or third series) and in a few days he found himself in the first team. We were all hoping for the new Guardiola but he had zero bench appearances. Too little

2) Nedved is a president much listened to by Agnelli: he is part of the circle of players who in 2006 remained in Serie B. He is certainly also a friend of Agnelli. Paratici is someone who knows how to sniff out great players (or possible deals) from afar, but he is perhaps a little limited in financial management. If he has a thoroughbred executive alongside (like Levy) he can pull off some great deals. If he has too much free space in my opinion he can also make a mess (Ramsey)

3)Kulu is very good: his problem is the location. You cannot take out Chiesa or Dybala and therefore it can become a problem to get him to play. In my opinion Juventus wants to sell it.

4)McKenney has excellent lead times. He sometimes he remembers the first Vidal. I agree on professionalism: it makes me think too ...

5)In any case, Paratici second would have gone out not because it is not of value but because after a fourth place it was physiological to change. They promoted his deputy (Cherubini) and hired a numbers manager (Arrivabene) to recreate a tandem like Marotta-Paratici. In my opinion you have taken a very good manager but the real blow is Conte. Conte if he does not believe in a project he refuses. If he has accepted he means that he will give 110% to improve Tottenham and I assure you that something will happen. It is an earthquake. If you look for old player interviews you see people throwing up after their fatigue workouts.
Many thanks for your reply, very interesting and insightful.

I hope Pirlo gets the chance to continue elsewhere and develop as a coach, it's a shame he was sacked but understandable after 9 titles. Seeing Juve struggle again this season, is the problem the players or Allegri or both?

It'll be interesting to see how Para does over the next two windows, I expect some loans and free transfers which I know he's excelled at in the past. Very much agree on Ramsey, I was astonished at the wage he received - he was a player to finish things from midfield but not to run the game (similar to David Platt) - if he's not scoring his contribution isn't enough.

I like what I see of Kulu, technical and intelligent, at the right club he could develop into a very good player over the next few years.

Weston too will be interesting to watch develop, if his attitude matures he too could be very good in the coming seasons.

They mentioned in the programme about players complaining about training and they mentioned Conte's approach and how hard it was. I hope we back him and he sticks around, it could be the beginning of something special.

I've watched until the end. Seemed to me at times that the dressing room was unfocused at times, lots of shouting and demanding more but I would've like to see the manager calm them down, take them through the tactical elements and then build them back up again. He demanded more than encouraged and I never once heard him tell them how good they are, especially to the youngsters. I realise some need a bollocking but also some need confidence and encouragement.

An unsuccessful season by your standards but one we would take very happily! Thanks again and hope you have a good 2nd half of the season.

Many thanks for your reply, very interesting and insightful.

I hope Pirlo gets the chance to continue elsewhere and develop as a coach, it's a shame he was sacked but understandable after 9 titles. Seeing Juve struggle again this season, is the problem the players or Allegri or both?

It'll be interesting to see how Para does over the next two windows, I expect some loans and free transfers which I know he's excelled at in the past. Very much agree on Ramsey, I was astonished at the wage he received - he was a player to finish things from midfield but not to run the game (similar to David Platt) - if he's not scoring his contribution isn't enough.

I like what I see of Kulu, technical and intelligent, at the right club he could develop into a very good player over the next few years.

Weston too will be interesting to watch develop, if his attitude matures he too could be very good in the coming seasons.

They mentioned in the programme about players complaining about training and they mentioned Conte's approach and how hard it was. I hope we back him and he sticks around, it could be the beginning of something special.

I've watched until the end. Seemed to me at times that the dressing room was unfocused at times, lots of shouting and demanding more but I would've like to see the manager calm them down, take them through the tactical elements and then build them back up again. He demanded more than encouraged and I never once heard him tell them how good they are, especially to the youngsters. I realise some need a bollocking but also some need confidence and encouragement.

An unsuccessful season by your standards but one we would take very happily! Thanks again and hope you have a good 2nd half of the season.
The current situation starts from afar. Certainly, after so many victories, a decline is physiological.
In my opinion Juventus had reached an excellent level in managing resources: selling well and buying well. A bit like Bayern Munich, which is a solid club. At a certain point with CR7 (certainly a great champion) everything became complicated: like having to eat a fish that is too big. The market has become a way (excess of capital gains) to buffer large exits. Good players like Rabiot, Ramsey etc. found themselves with very high salaries and therefore also difficult to sell. This has led to a difficult balancing. Excellent players have also been purchased (Chiesa, De Light, Locatelli) but then it is difficult to complete the puzzle if you do not free boxes. Parentesi Sarri: good coach as a man on the pitch but unsuitable for Juventus, another planet. I'm sure Pirlo will improve but he needs to gain experience and at Juventus you don't have time to gain experience. All or nothing, like the title of the series. With Allegri the reconstruction started again. I would like to point out a curiosity: when Allegri was fired it seems that he told Agnelli that Cristiano Ronaldo despite being a champion had "blocked" the growth of the team.

The current situation starts from afar. Certainly, after so many victories, a decline is physiological.
In my opinion Juventus had reached an excellent level in managing resources: selling well and buying well. A bit like Bayern Munich, which is a solid club. At a certain point with CR7 (certainly a great champion) everything became complicated: like having to eat a fish that is too big. The market has become a way (excess of capital gains) to buffer large exits. Good players like Rabiot, Ramsey etc. found themselves with very high salaries and therefore also difficult to sell. This has led to a difficult balancing. Excellent players have also been purchased (Chiesa, De Light, Locatelli) but then it is difficult to complete the puzzle if you do not free boxes. Parentesi Sarri: good coach as a man on the pitch but unsuitable for Juventus, another planet. I'm sure Pirlo will improve but he needs to gain experience and at Juventus you don't have time to gain experience. All or nothing, like the title of the series. With Allegri the reconstruction started again. I would like to point out a curiosity: when Allegri was fired it seems that he told Agnelli that Cristiano Ronaldo despite being a champion had "blocked" the growth of the team.
Thanks and interesting, makes perfect sense.

Now Ronaldo has left and Ramsey is going, are things starting to normalize again do you think?

Also how do people feel now about Agnelli after the super league fiasco? Is his job safe or would you be better with a replacement?

Thanks and interesting, makes perfect sense.

Now Ronaldo has left and Ramsey is going, are things starting to normalize again do you think?

Also how do people feel now about Agnelli after the super league fiasco? Is his job safe or would you be better with a replacement?
The Agnelli family has owned Juventus since 1923, so it's been almost 100 years. Andrea Agnelli has been president since 2011 and has relieved Juventus: from seventh place the previous year he led Conte, Allegri, 9 league titles and two CL finals (as well as national cups).
At some point he made mistakes but not everything should be thrown away. Even on the Superlega I don't like it but Ceferin is not the good: he has replaced Agnelli with the president of PSG, contemptuous of financial FairPlay. There is a fight from FIFA and UEFA that goes beyond Agnelli. The reconstruction has started again and to do so the focus is once again on the players of Italy: Chiesa, Locatelli.

However, in 2011 Conte's choice was FUNDAMENTAL to create a winning environment that has been and is the common denominator for ten years (Chiellini, Bonucci the witnesses)

Getting a bit concerned with what he has done to date. Gollini and Emerson already look way off whats required, thankfully we can send Gollini back. Gil looks to have some talent but cant get a game in a side that lacks creativity. He seems to have a hard on for Traore as well, which is exactly what we dont need. Add in the Nuno disaster (and pursuit of Gattuso) then i cant say its filling me with confidence. Credit for Romero, hopefully Sarr and helping to get Conte but jury out at the moment.

Getting a bit concerned with what he has done to date. Gollini and Emerson already look way off whats required, thankfully we can send Gollini back. Gil looks to have some talent but cant get a game in a side that lacks creativity. He seems to have a hard on for Traore as well, which is exactly what we dont need. Add in the Nuno disaster (and pursuit of Gattuso) then i cant say its filling me with confidence. Credit for Romero, hopefully Sarr and helping to get Conte but jury out at the moment.
Agree up to the Romero part.

He's looked like he's got potential, but with lapses running through his game. Man Ure especially, also Villa, Mura and Newcastle games.

would he thought we would have already setup our targets for this window and have got Levy's agreement as money available otherwise what has he done since Conte came in ?
said it when he came in he looks to me to be a bluffer giving it all the bigum but getting nothing done, hope I'm wrong (but it takes one to know one)

would he thought we would have already setup our targets for this window and have got Levy's agreement as money available otherwise what has he done since Conte came in ?
said it when he came in he looks to me to be a bluffer giving it all the bigum but getting nothing done, hope I'm wrong (but it takes one to know one)

This is all well and good, but as Conte himself has said he wanted to assess the squad and had even asked for more time to do so....... I don't think any of us would be comfortable if our DOF had a policy of steaming ahead in spite of his manager.

If it's going to work, they need to work in harmony.

think we can already see those that Conte just doesn't want by their play time,
if you think that Conte & DoF are only now looking fot players that surely means that there is little/no time to do due diligence on the player, so how do we buy in this window (don't want another Sissoko or Ndombele

Back
Top Bottom