Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Certainly looks finished.

FI7m86KXIAEqBNX
Looks like a man who just wants to get to the bar quick and who can blame him working for people like that.

It's only been 1 summer window.

Paratici was brought into change scouting, player development, transfers. This is a huge mess to clean up.

Hopefully he can bring some stability and identity to a club that has very little

Damn right..... That's the job.

He's not merely a glorified scout.

Damn right..... That's the job.

He's not merely a glorified scout.
That's all good and dandy. But even the best scouts in the world can't compete with Europe's elite on a net spend transfer budget. It's simply not possible, literally speaking, in an inflationary environment, which football has been in for two decades now.

You need external investment to spur on success on the pitch, to spur on other sources of revenue, which can then support further investment on the pitch and club growth financially. It can't be done anymore without that external investment.

Levy and Co. Have an extremely poor and short sighted view of how to run a business successfully.

That's all good and dandy. But even the best scouts in the world can't compete with Europe's elite on a net spend transfer budget. It's simply not possible, literally speaking, in an inflationary environment, which football has been in for two decades now.

You need external investment to spur on success on the pitch, to spur on other sources of revenue, which can then support further investment on the pitch and club growth financially. It can't be done anymore without that external investment.

Levy and Co. Have an extremely poor and short sighted view of how to run a business successfully.

Paraticci is a director of football.... The remit of the job is fundamentally the same whether he's got a budget of £200 or £200m.

However, If you're more keen to debate the commercial acumen of ENIC, you'd be better off in one of the numerous ENIC threads.

Last edited:
Paraticci is a director of football.... The remit of the job is fundamentally the same whether he's got a budget £200 or £200m.

However, If you're more keen to debate the commercial accumen of ENIC, you'd be better off in one of the numerous ENIC threads.
It's entirely relevant, to this thread. Here's why.

An insufficient budget for a director of football means he can't actually do his job properly. So what you're left with is a figure head.

Figure heads have only one use. To appease people who would otherwise be unhappy. Aka in this case, the fans.

It's important that in the Paratici thread, it's made clear that fault shouldn't lie with him in the event of severe underfunding. Based on the summer moves, that's clearly happening.

So yes. Relevant. Now go on, tell me how I'm wrong and in fact Levy is building a global superstar of a club with 0 outside investment for the director of football to use. Go on.

It's entirely relevant, to this thread. Here's why.

An insufficient budget for a director of football means he can't actually do his job properly. So what you're left with is a figure head.

Figure heads have only one use. To appease people who would otherwise be unhappy. Aka in this case, the fans.

It's important that in the Paratici thread, it's made clear that fault shouldn't lie with him in the event of severe under-funding. Based on the summer moves, that's clearly happening.

So yes. Relevant. Now go on, tell me how I'm wrong and in fact Levy is building a global superstar of a club with 0 outside investment for the director of football to use. Go on.

Why have you tagged me to begin with?

You seem under the impression that I've criticised or held Fab' responsible for something somehow.

It seems to me you'd have been far better of responding to a post or poster that thinks he's shit.

Last edited:
Why have you tagged me to begin with?

You seem under the impression that I've criticised or help Fab' responsible for something somehow.

It seems to me you'd have been far better of responding to a post or poster that thinks he's shit.
Because I disagreed with your point to the extent that you're arguing he's doing anything meaningful at the club.

He can't, with Levy's shackles on him.

Because I disagreed with your point to the extent that you're arguing he's doing anything meaningful at the club.

Doesn't really make sense given what was written...... I haven't "argued" anything.....

The only assertion I made was in support of the following statement (from the prior post to mine):

"Paratici was brought in to change scouting, player development, transfers. This is a huge mess to clean up."

If you think all those aspects of the job depend exclusively on how much the trf budget is, then you're mistaken.

If you think the best DOF is the one with the biggest budget, then you are also mistaken.

Last edited:

Really,theyve been running the business side of it quite well
Its the footballing side of it thats been ran like amateur hour

Really,theyve been running the business side of it quite well
Its the footballing side of it thats been ran like amateur hour
Not really. Do you know how much wealthier and healthier our bottom line would be if we'd invested property during the Poch era, and won some EPL titles, FA cups, and a CL? And then reinvested that money to having a squad going toe to toe with Chelsea instead of getting destroyed in a semi?

Back
Top Bottom