Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Right, lets get this straight. There's ONE person to blame for all this, and it ain't Fabio 'fall guy' Paratici.

If you blame anyone except Levy, I will fart down your throat.
Levy is obviously to blame.
That doesn’t fully excuse Paratici. The fact that we don’t have at least a list of players we want to buy and some fallbacks in case we can’t buy our main priorities it’s on him.

Whatever he ends up with there's surely no need for it all to be such a high-wire act.

His supposed "line 'em all up then pick off your targets at will" approach seems to be more hassle than it's worth.

I'm sure Levy and inability to get Ndombele and Dele out have a lot to do with it all, but pouncing on last minute deals in the transfer window is no way to build a winning squad.

Unless we're talking HG or overall squad numbers, I don't see why TN, GLC & Dele should stand in the way of us getting one or two deals done......

His supposed "line 'em all up then pick off your targets at will" approach seems to be more hassle than it's worth.

Unless we're talking HG or overall squad numbers, I don't see why TN, GLC & Dele should stand in the way of us getting one or two deals done......
I doubt our current status as a club is particularly helpful in pulling off such a tactic either, we're hardly such a dream destination that anyone would hang around waiting for us to make our minds up, if anything it seems it would be more likely to insult a target.

If we have been taking that approach, not only do we appear to have been making a right hash of it, but it also suggests that those running the club have a serious lack of self awareness as to where we actually sit in the food chain.

Levy's only real concern is staying in EPL, (or getting into a new super league)
the amount of money needed to get top 4 is huge, and the turth is the other euro comps must cost money to be in, (need extra good players and income won't cover costs)
staying in EPL only costs 15 good players the rest are lower earns, eg Burnley, southampton etc

Levy won't go anywhere until someone buys enic out
But I don't understand. Why hire Conte if you don't make him a market? To come, Conte certainly asked for a certain philosophy and a budget, sure to have Paratici as an ally. If Levy is smart with Conte he must understand that Antonio takes 5 minutes to resign.

But I want to be honest.

Paratici has a nose but at Juventus (after the departure of Marotta, then went to Inter) he had free rein from Agnelli: he made some big trouble. It is good to be checked

It is Paratici who wanted Ramsey & Rabiot with a stupendous € 7-8 million per season. It is for this reason that we are unable to place them.

I doubt our current status as a club is particularly helpful in pulling off such a tactic either, we're hardly such a dream destination that anyone would hang around waiting for us to make our minds up, if anything it seems it would be more likely to insult a target.

Indeed.

If we have been taking that approach, not only do we appear to have been making a right hash of it, but it also suggests that those running the club have a serious lack of self awareness as to where we actually sit in the food chain.

Regards to our status/pecking order though: I can't get to mad when I see clubs like Liverpool & Barca being preferred by players; nor to a degree, us missing out on wingers....

HOWEVER: When I see us not in the mix for CMs like Gumaeres & Bantancur when they're being linked to clubs like Newcastle & Villa (or Nevez > Arse if there's any truth to it) for less money than Diaz would have cost, then yeh, I'm inclined to get fucking pissed.

Liverpool recruitment HQ

giphy.gif

Spurs recruitment HQ

giphy.webp

But I want to be honest.

Paratici has a nose but at Juventus (after the departure of Marotta, then went to Inter) he had free rein from Agnelli: he made some big trouble. It is good to be checked

It is Paratici who wanted Ramsey & Rabiot with a stupendous € 7-8 million per season. It is for this reason that we are unable to place them.
I’ve been watching the juventus documentary. Bonucci looks like an insufferable cunt. Do you agree?

Indeed.

Regards to our status/pecking order though: I can't get to mad when I see clubs like Liverpool & Barca being preferred by players; nor to a degree, us missing out on wingers....

HOWEVER: When I see us not in the mix for CMs like Gumaeres & Bantancur when they're being linked to clubs like Newcastle & Villa (or Nevez > Arse if there's any truth to it) for less money than Diaz would have cost, then yeh, I'm inclined to get fucking pissed.
I'm not mad at all about losing out on Diaz really, I'm mad at the fact that we're fast approaching the end of Jan now and we still haven't added a striker, cm or rwb to the squad, as those are apparently the main positions Conte would like addressed. And even if it is only speculation that those are his wants, it's plainly obvious for anyone to see that those are the biggest problem areas right now.

Signing Dias might have been an attention grabber, but ultimately it would just be sticking a fancy plaster over a shotgun wound to the gut. I'm more annoyed at seeing Burnley adding Orsic and Weghorst tbh, as they would probably address more issues in our squad than Diaz would.

Not to mention the transfers you already listed. Just how much better would we be feeling about the run in if we had done the exact business that Villa have? If they do manage to add Bentancur to that then it's just taking the piss.

-Pushed hard for Fonseca as manager. Fonseca agrees only for Paratici to pull the plug.

- Moved on to Gattuso despite the racist/sexust posts. Fan backlash stops it from happening.

- Pushes for defensive minded Nuno who lasts 10 games.

- targets Tomiyasu as signing then changes his mind last minute and goes for Emerson.

- 25m and Lamela for a kid that is deemed not ready.

- Brings in Gollini as a back up goalkeeper

epic failure so far. The 1 positive is he somehow managed to get Romero on loan with no obligation but would anyone be surprised if that was found to be a bit ummm dodgy?

Back
Top Bottom