Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

8/10 , moved out deadwood (3 of them in the same window), 2 promising signings.. and this was the January window where spurs usually get nothing done.

Think there is a blockbuster summer ahead especially if CL is secured

Grabbing two players from your old work that you signed anyway isn't exactly a strike of genius.

Conte said it's difficult but doing something is better than nothing, and we've signed two players he must have been somewhat happy with. We've also moved on three probably bad eggs and getting Gil some (irrelevant) experience.

The summer work starts now. Identify the targets and put the work in now. None of this deadline day bollocks.

GK, RWB, LCB, CAM, CF.

Quality in those positions as a minimum. Permanent deals for GLC and TN. With a sensible budget AND their fees we could have £200m+ to spend. So fucking spend it.

getting out the players we don't want is no big deal as it's up to the buying club if they are happy with the deal, so that for me is on levy and on the player & his agent
getting players in is on this guy, he has to be the one to get the player interested in coming first, then its conte & Levy to sort out the rest (big part, but the DoF is the first call)
so what do we have ? 2 players who most of us never heard of, hoe the DoF has it right this time

Midfield business is pretty much done with Sarr joining the squad at the end of the season. Good mix of experience and youth as well as different playing styles.

Summer should be all about getting a striker (finally) or two strikers if Kane decides to throw toys out of the pram again,
and a better first team player in RWB if Doherty doesn't improve at all over the remaining season . Emerson seems like he can play central defence

I'll give him a 6/10 as no idea what impact the new Juve boys will have, although it 'should' be a positive one.

Got rid of some deadwood which is good.

The summer transfer window is going to be THE big one.

I'll give him full credit for the ruthless departures and getting Levy to agree to cut losses. We've needed this approach for at least 3 years. That is promising going forward. Incomings, very uninspiring but hopefully he'll be proved right. Cant help feeling the summer is defining for Paratici and Conte. We have to act early and bring in very good first team players. No more excuses about 1 out 1 in or wage bills.

After some reflection I am positive about the outcome of this window. The outgoings could well set up the departure of all players Conte has no need for (players like Doherty at least seem to have a use case for him until we get upgrades) and Kulusevski in who could well be the type of player Conte loves. Not so sure about Bentancurs ability, but he bringst tons of experience (also winning trophies) at a young age for a reasonable fee. Could be worse.

Very much on the fence about how sucessful this window has been. I simply do not know whether the 2 new players will prove better than those they are replacing. I said 2 new players that are ready for the team and will make a difference is what is required. Should know if that will happen by the end of the month.
As to those going out on loan, will Gill come back next season ready to challenge for a first team spot? I have my doubts but no point him staying here and not playing. The other 2 hopefully will be sold but if not there is no longer an overseas slot for them and we will be forced to sell them or others. We also have to accomodate Sarr.
In the summer we really must get more home grown players. We might have to pay over the odds for them but the number 2 GK and new RWB should be home grown. These positions are cheaper than strikers and creative midfielders where we may need to bring in a non homegrown player.

Absolutely imperative this dialogue continues. There is always a discussion to be had about individual merits of performance +/- BUT Paratici is owning this and is fully accountable for the football operations at our club. We've simply never had this before other than some paragraph posted by Levy.

Before judging the signings what about just fucking wait for them to play?
46sV.gif

Absolutely imperative this dialogue continues. There is always a discussion to be had about individual merits of performance +/- BUT Paratici is owning this and is fully accountable for the football operations at our club. We've simply never had this before other than some paragraph posted by Levy.

video unavailable now.

I'll give him full credit for the ruthless departures and getting Levy to agree to cut losses. We've needed this approach for at least 3 years. That is promising going forward. Incomings, very uninspiring but hopefully he'll be proved right. Cant help feeling the summer is defining for Paratici and Conte. We have to act early and bring in very good first team players. No more excuses about 1 out 1 in or wage bills.

I think this hasn’t been reflected on enough. It’s held us back badly in the past and has probably gone on longer than that. No idea what he’s said to levy but it has seemed to work.

Back
Top Bottom