Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst he obviously can’t be 100% transparent, I liked the approach of the video. I think fans would respect ENIC more if they applied this format to more things. It’s almost as if they’re reporting back to us and opening themselves up for feedback.

Whilst I don’t expect them to disclose everything, general summaries of what their plans are, the issues the club are facing, how they think things are going would build rapport.

Absolutely imperative this dialogue continues. There is always a discussion to be had about individual merits of performance +/- BUT Paratici is owning this and is fully accountable for the football operations at our club. We've simply never had this before other than some paragraph posted by Levy.

He said we need positive energy from the fans. I think a fuck of a lot our fans need to take note of those words.

Grabbing two players from your old work that you signed anyway isn't exactly a strike of genius.

Conte said it's difficult but doing something is better than nothing, and we've signed two players he must have been somewhat happy with. We've also moved on three probably bad eggs and getting Gil some (irrelevant) experience.

The summer work starts now. Identify the targets and put the work in now. None of this deadline day bollocks.

GK, RWB, LCB, CAM, CF.

Quality in those positions as a minimum. Permanent deals for GLC and TN. With a sensible budget AND their fees we could have £200m+ to spend. So fucking spend it.
The state of this place if Spurs went hell bent for glory and spunked £200M. What would everyone argue about?

:mourshock:

Whilst he obviously can’t be 100% transparent, I liked the approach of the video. I think fans would respect ENIC more if they applied this format to more things. It’s almost as if they’re reporting back to us and opening themselves up for feedback.

Whilst I don’t expect them to disclose everything, general summaries of what their plans are, the issues the club are facing, how they think things are going would build rapport.
Agreed. It is nice to see some level of public accountability by the club. And the club can definitely do with appearing to be more accessible after the super league debacle.

Very much hope the below quote from Paratici is true. The one negative of the Pochettino era is that he never really seemed to be on the same page with those in charge of recruitment. You'd think with Paratici and Conte both being Italian, having known each other for awhile, and coming from a Juventus background that they'll work well together. But you never know.

(Q) How did you find working with Antonio Conte over the course of the transfer window and how much did you work together in terms of the targets you went after?

Paratici:
Always I work near to the coach about the transfer window. With Antonio we know for a long time and we work together a long time and we achieve big results. We speak every day a long time every day about how we can improve the team, how we can improve the mentality of the team, not just about skills about players, but also about mentality, environment, style of football.

We speak about all the time, but not just in January. We speak all the time every day because we stay together and I watch the training every day. We eat together, we stay together. It's normal to have this kind of relation.

Absolutely imperative this dialogue continues. There is always a discussion to be had about individual merits of performance +/- BUT Paratici is owning this and is fully accountable for the football operations at our club. We've simply never had this before other than some paragraph posted by Levy.

The best part about it is that it takes the responsibility away from Conte having to do it in press conferences before every game.
Now Conte can just refer them to this interview and say he agrees, move on.

That interview looks like they've been listening to fan concerns and are trying to answer them....they probably had some poor intern reading our transfer thread...

its an in-house interview so who knows if the questions/answers been work though to get best results from the fans
the proof is always in the pudding, so lets see how these 2 players do till end of the season, his first transfer window wasn't that good

The state of this place if Spurs went hell bent for glory and spunked £200M. What would everyone argue about?

:mourshock:

The small crowd who believe themselves when they say "I don't like buying success" will come out. Them and the "I don't like spending all this money because we'll do a Leeds"
And then the "I don't like all these forigners, I think we should be playing kids from the yoof team with proper names like Harry and Charlie"

There is rarely a time when a teams fans are all singing from the same song sheet

I for one am looking forward to the summer window.

Fingers crossed TND and GLC do well enough to earn transfers away. Cash back, wages cut.
Dele hopefully plays regularly enough we get money for him and his wages are gone.
Possibly some more creating out and hopefully early with no summer tournament.

We've removed a variable in terms of Hitchen. We all blamed him for bad signings so now we can see if they changes.

We've had a whole season of home crowds and sold all the season tickets.

We've had NFL, boxing and music.

We've got Conte.

He did say they will review again in May what positions they need to improve from what happens over the second half of the season. I bet they know now but that comment makes me think they are waiting to see if we get in the top four and if we do then the level of targets may change. I really hope we get it because then there will be no excuse not to target the next rung up of players.

Great to hear the discussions with Conte were also about signing players with the right mentality. And what he said about that in regard to the players we signed. We know it also applies the other way to GLC and N’Dombele who we moved on.

It is exactly what we hoped for in terms of fixing the club.

its an in-house interview so who knows if the questions/answers been work though to get best results from the fans
the proof is always in the pudding, so lets see how these 2 players do till end of the season, his first transfer window wasn't that good
To be fair, he's spent far too much time in the first two windows moving players out, which he achieved successfully.

But most of his signings have been kids, some of which look like speculation efforts. You can't tell me that loan of Gil is about getting him ready for the premier league, he's in the shop window for the Spanish teams to fight over him in the summer

Before judging the signings what about just fucking wait for them to play?

TOdV.gif

interesting watch, he comes across to me as a little weak, was expecting a different demeanour. I still don't understand the Nuno appointment and how far his net really stretches. Once he has taken the scraps from Juve, then what...?

Guess we will know much more come the end of the summer.

Back
Top Bottom