Famous / Notable Spurs Fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some think she is,i don't.
Just defensive of womens only spaces.
A bit like Sharon Davies and female sport.
I’m all in with agreement with Sharon aswell…….
044-FF18-F-7706-46-A9-9-A28-F9469-DD4-CA45.jpg

He may not be a notable fan but his tattoo certainly is :D

Tottenham Till I Die

This Tottenham fan went to extreme lengths to show his love for the club

This Tottenham fan went to extreme lengths to show his love for the clubCredit: Getty

Another case of ink on the head, this die-hard Spurs fan has let everybody know who he supports by getting "Tottenham Till I Die" on the back of his head.

There are also two huge club badges either side of the writing, meaning you simply cannot miss this man and his tattoo when at a game.

Of course she is a Spurs fan :D

Britney Spurs! Pop star turns out to be a true Brit as archives reveal her roots lie in Tottenham​

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
UPDATED: 23:50 BST, 10 September 2008

Britney Spears, far from being as American as apple pie, apparently has her roots firmly in North London - Tottenham, to be precise.

Records show that the great-grandparents of the singer, pictured, were Londoners and like their 26-year-old descendant - just as prone to scandal.

Details of her ancestors in the London Metropolitan Archives reveal that her great-grandparents probably 'lived in sin' before they got around to getting married.

The 26-year-old star, who made a triumphant return at the MTV Video Music Awards this week, is descended from George Anthony Portell and Lillian Esther Lewis.

Britney Spurs
Britney Spurs: A British archive has revealed Britney's family originally hail from London's, Tottenham. A mocked-up image shows the singer in a Tottenham Hotspur football shirt

Parish records show they married at St John's Church in Tottenham in 1923, but they both gave the same address on the marriage certificate, indicating they were already living together - a scandal at the time.

The couple had a daughter, Britney's grandmother Lillian Woolmore-Portell, who married US Navy sailor Barnett O'Field Bridges in London during the Second World War.

They moved to a farm near New Orleans and had three children, including Miss Spears's mother Lynne.

Britney's secret will be on show when the archives go online - with the records of more than 77m people available.

Laurence Ward, head of digital resources at the archives, said there could be an innocent explanation.

He said: 'Her great-grandparents have certainly listed the same address in the records for their marriage.

'But as her great-grandfather is recorded as being an able seaman, he may have been away with the Navy a lot. They could have recorded the same address for convenience.'

He may not be a notable fan but his tattoo certainly is :D

Tottenham Till I Die

This Tottenham fan went to extreme lengths to show his love for the club

This Tottenham fan went to extreme lengths to show his love for the clubCredit: Getty

Another case of ink on the head, this die-hard Spurs fan has let everybody know who he supports by getting "Tottenham Till I Die" on the back of his head.

There are also two huge club badges either side of the writing, meaning you simply cannot miss this man and his tattoo when at a game.

I've seen that fella at games before. Unmissable.

I'd rather have him listed among infamous/notorious fans... :cool:

PUNCHER'S CHANCE

I was a notorious football hooligan and beat up my own mate by accident – now I have a career in MMA​

Former hooligan's new fighting nickname is very fitting
FORMER football hooligan Dante Hawkins has put his days in the Tottenham firm behind him to become an MMA fighter.
The 33-year-old had his first football fight aged just 14 and swiftly rose up the firm.

Dante Hawkins joined the Tottenham firm as a teenager
Dante Hawkins joined the Tottenham firm as a teenager

Hawkins even featured in a BBC documentary about football hooliganism, and received a three-year banning order from games at 17.

Thinking he was scrapping with a Chelsea fan, Hawkins once mistakenly punched a pal from his own firm.

Asked about getting into it with one of his own while appearing on Anything Goes With James English, he said: "I have yeah. To be fair, I done that to one of my pals, one of the young lot.

"I did feel bad about it after but I didn’t know who he was, it was a bit dark. I did feel sorry for him.
"I did actually think he was Chelsea. I was hitting him, going ‘you Chelsea c***’, bang, bang, bang and the whole time it was him.

"I felt bad about it after I’m not gonna lie, I did. But we’re still mates, but I wish it was a Chelsea geezer, I was gutted."

Further reminiscing about his hooligan days, Hawkins admitted that he liked it when Spurs would get trounced.

He added: "Tottenham used to lose all the time, it used to be a lot more volatile.

"And I’d like it because we’d lose like 4-0 to [Manchester] United and there’d be 100 people in the street wanting it to go off.

"It would be more of a laugh, but when you won people came out more jolly."

Hawkins ditched the hooligan lifestyle following a spell in prison and has since turned to MMA.

He goes by the name "The Bull" and has compiled a 4-1 record, with his last three fights coming on Raged MMA cards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom