Famous / Notable Spurs Fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One for the yanks

Take a look at @davevahey's Tweet:

The problem with that tweet is that it misses out the cockerel on Guevara's hat. So it loses its funniness.

And didn't he try to ban rock music? Not funny either. Or throwing gays into jail. I'm fine with him being lampooned by Spurs fans though.

Last edited:
None of that has anything to do with what I said.

That second paragraph is exactly how I feel. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

I'm rarely sure what point i'm trying to make either...
summit about Glory hunting 'Celeb' fans who don't really know who they support, but take a pin to a map and hope for the best... either that, or they just want a free ticket 'cos they're off the telly!

Whilst i don't strictly dislike Richman as a person, he firstly strikes me as one of those annoyingly chipper american types thats just fucking excited about everything.

The reason i dislike him, however, is that he embodies one of the worst types of fan. The Jonny come latelies that have read the wikipedia pages and got a few books off amazon. They buy shit loads of merch and never miss a game. All the stuff that, at face value should make them great fans... but we all know theres more to it than that, and thats something he'll / they'll never understand. And id have no problem if he said he was a FOOTBALL fan, but he labels himself a SPURS fan, which means he represents us, he represents ME. And he hasn't earned that at all. You can't just pitch up and decide like that and the get pushed to the front of the queue.

And to then see him turn up at a stadium i've been going to since i was 3 months old, and have the VIP treatment rolled out? Doesn't sit right with me.

And its obvious why. Adam Richman is exactly the type of fan Enic and every other PL chairman want to have on board. Rich Yanks that will buy into any old shite with half a narrative.

The crying on the pitch stuff? Bollocks. You can bet that the marketing people at the club fucking loved that though. How many Americans saw that and booked a flight eh? And is it a coincidence that we give him the VIP treatment and suddenly he realises he's totally Spurs?

Its just all fake. Yet he gets to stand on the side of the pitch saying "taxi for maicon" into a microphone 600 times and I'm sat in a seat i paid £40 quid for the privilege listening?

Whilst i don't strictly dislike Richman as a person, he firstly strikes me as one of those annoyingly chipper american types thats just fucking excited about everything.

The reason i dislike him, however, is that he embodies one of the worst types of fan. The Jonny come latelies that have read the wikipedia pages and got a few books off amazon. They buy shit loads of merch and never miss a game. All the stuff that, at face value should make them great fans... but we all know theres more to it than that, and thats something he'll / they'll never understand. And id have no problem if he said he was a FOOTBALL fan, but he labels himself a SPURS fan, which means he represents us, he represents ME. And he hasn't earned that at all. You can't just pitch up and decide like that and the get pushed to the front of the queue.

And to then see him turn up at a stadium i've been going to since i was 3 months old, and have the VIP treatment rolled out? Doesn't sit right with me.

And its obvious why. Adam Richman is exactly the type of fan Enic and every other PL chairman want to have on board. Rich Yanks that will buy into any old shite with half a narrative.

The crying on the pitch stuff? Bollocks. You can bet that the marketing people at the club fucking loved that though. How many Americans saw that and booked a flight eh? And is it a coincidence that we give him the VIP treatment and suddenly he realises he's totally Spurs?

Its just all fake. Yet he gets to stand on the side of the pitch saying "taxi for maicon" into a microphone 600 times and I'm sat in a seat i paid £40 quid for the privilege listening?

Can you remember what game that was? I was there too. It was all very odd.

Zero. Not a single American booked a flight to London because a professional glutton cried at WHL.
I don't think its too much of a stretch to imagine a few people having the thought process;

"Omg, adam richtman got to go to white heart lane and cried and said it was amazing, id love to go there"

Otherwise, why'd they make the fucking video? Its clearly marketing bullshit for our new american fans.

I don't think its too much of a stretch to imagine a few people having the thought process;

"Omg, adam richtman got to go to white heart lane and cried and said it was amazing, id love to go there"

Otherwise, why'd they make the fucking video? Its clearly marketing bullshit for our new american fans.
Oh, its definitely marketing for Americans. But I can't imagine it got anyone to do anything. They do a lot of weird stuff in the name of marketing.

Wayne Gretzky (who is to hockey what Adam Richaman is to heart disease) was recently at a match. Can't imagine Canadians were drawn to the Lane like moths to a lamp. I mean these are the same people who made that bizarre Dembele/ Jan song battle.

But I was mostly just fucking around. Pretty much agree with most of your original post.

Oh, its definitely marketing for Americans. But I can't imagine it got anyone to do anything. They do a lot of weird stuff in the name of marketing.

Wayne Gretzky (who is to hockey what Adam Richaman is to heart disease) was recently at a match. Can't imagine Canadians were drawn to the Lane like moths to a lamp. I mean these are the same people who made that bizarre Dembele/ Jan song battle.

But I was mostly just fucking around. Pretty much agree with most of your original post.
I was exaggerating with the whole booked a flight thing but the sad part is, only a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom