Famous / Notable Spurs Fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you all know that legendary commentator (and better than Motson in my opinion), Barry Davies is a Spurs fan.

His commentary on the famous Gazza freekick against Woolwich is absolute perfection.

‘Is Gascoigne going to have a crack? He is, you know… OH, I SAY! Brilliant! That… is… Schoolboys’ Own stuff!’

He reckons he did well to hide his allegiances to Tottenham.

Did you all know that legendary commentator (and better than Motson in my opinion), Barry Davies is a Spurs fan.

His commentary on the famous Gazza freekick against Woolwich is absolute perfection.

‘Is Gascoigne going to have a crack? He is, you know… OH, I SAY! Brilliant! That… is… Schoolboys’ Own stuff!’

Never knew that, Cheers.
sandowwtfptdz6.gif

Did you know Motty is also a Spurs fan?

Did you know Motty is also a Spurs fan?
Unfortunately Motty is not a Spurs fan. It's a bit of football myth. He has acknowledged several time that people always wrongly label him as a Spurs fan. Shame really.

...but Kenneth 'they think it's all over, it is now' Wolstenholme was a Spurs fan!

(gotta say, that was one hell of a middle name!)

Unfortunately Motty is not a Spurs fan. It's a bit of football myth. He has acknowledged several time that people always wrongly label him as a Spurs fan. Shame really.
I used to work with a man who was best mates with Motty, he used to get tickets all the time and he usually pass them onto me. On one occasion I was given a ticket to a Spurs game at WHL. Little did I know at the time that the ticket was to sit next to him on the gantry whilst he did his commentary (Brings back goose bumps just typing this). He was an absolute gent of a man, he gave me a programme signed by many on both teams. He had me do some of the sound checks pre-game that meant me giving a pretend 1 minute fake commentary with his mic.

Anyway, I asked him who he supported and he said he "follows" Barnet (his local team) but rarely goes to watch them because he was always working. He did say that Spurs were a "special" side and he loves going to WHL, don't know to this day if he would say the same thing to a kid supporting Villa whilst sat next to him at Villa Park.

Last edited:
I used to work with a man who was best mates with Motty, he used to get tickets all the time and he usually past them onto me. On one occasion I was given a ticket to a Spurs game at WHL. Little did I know at the time that the ticket was to sit next to him on the gantry whilst he did his commentary (Brings back goose bumps just typing this). He was an absolute gent of a man, he gave me a programme signed by many on both teams. He had me do some of the sound checks pre-game that meant me giving a pretend 1 minute fake commentary with his mic.

Anyway, I asked him who he supported and he said he "follows" Barnet (his local team) but rarely goes to watch them because he was always working. He did say that Spurs were a "special" side and he loves going to WHL, don't know to this day if he would say the same thing to a kid supporting Villa whilst sat next to him at Villa Park.

Great story.

I know that she has already been mentioned on here as a Spurs fan (I have no idea as I have never watched the programme) but found this a bit serial on my time-line on twitter. William Shatner tweeting Steve Archibald telling him if he knew........anyway for those interested here it is.

I know that she has already been mentioned on here as a Spurs fan (I have no idea as I have never watched the programme) but found this a bit serial on my time-line on twitter. William Shatner tweeting Steve Archibald telling him if he knew........anyway for those interested here it is.

Marina_Sirtis_Phoenix_Comicon_2012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom