Fanbase. Are we heading to be like Man U?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah this doesn't sit right with me. When i was playing i went all inn to win. I hoped there mothers died. This friendly banter reflects a culture of what we are seeing today.

Get over yourself. This isn't war bud. Smashing people's smiles and good times for your "right" just makes more Trump's

Don't take things litterally. It's more the culture of win mentality i'm talking about.

A winning mentality is born on the pitch, not in the stands. Taking arms with people that might be visiting and not singing songs isn't going to ruin the club or the teams performance. Our recent lows have nothing to do with Son's Korean base coming to the lane or the people that buy half and half scarves.

A winning mentality is born on the pitch, not in the stands. Taking arms with people that might be visiting and not singing songs isn't going to ruin the club or the teams performance. Our recent lows have nothing to do with Son's Korean base coming to the lane or the people that buy half and half scarves.

Where you at blood?

Haha...I am waking up at 4am to watch. We clearly don't see eye to eye.

And what's funny is you are you not a photo of a guy taking a selfie for his social profile, the exact people you are asking to not come.
I know he is running a youtube account. 'Expressions Oozing'. I just happened to sit behind him that night, and i met him in after end whistle. Nice fella.

I get what you mean about the club becoming a brand but were just late to the party and what we need to do to be able to compete on a financial level.

As for your comparison to United I simply don't get, they are head an shoulders about us as a club, we beat them in no way, the last 6 years have been our best in the PL, their last 6 have been their worst but they still have more silverware in that space of time.

Last edited:
we will never be a united or city, you need to win a shitload of trophies to garner that kind of bullshit support from home and abroad and we are miles away from having gloryhunters 'supporting' us.

One interesting thing about the comparison to Man United is that the marketing guru who built United's international brand originally worked for us but we lost him because Lord Sugar and Claude Littner didn't believe in his vision.

There is a whole chapter on the subject in the book Mind the Gap which follows the club during the 95/96 season when we had just lost Klinsmann and there were a lot of concerns over our lack of ambition.

Edit: the book is actually called Dream On. I confused the title with one of the chapters which is called Mind the Gap (a reference to the stock PA warning on the London Underground which I thought was pretty cool).

Last edited:
No. Man United are a well established brand, who can win stuff even at their shittiest. It'd be pretty nice to have their success, but, we're far away from them, as a brand and as an attraction to footballers. It can change though, all we need is to keep doing what we have been doing these past years, and to do that, we need some personel change...

Back
Top Bottom