Fantasy PL 21/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What happened to the unwritten rule of no Woolwich players!?!?!

Should be fined 100 points per Woolwich player per week :deledoubt:

That's one of the reasons I'm not taking part this year; one of the fun parts of doing this forums league is the 'no Woolwich players' rule, but there's always a couple of people who ignore it. It's never as much fun if people are playing by different rules.

Didn’t know about the TFC no-Arse rule when I joined. But it’s always been one of mine. Even back when Alex Sanchez was “essential”. No exceptions.

….I’m home. *sniff*

When Henry was top points scorer the no Woolwich thing was a pretty frustrating handicap but nowadays I can't even see why it needs to be highlighted as a rule, should just be bloody obvious.

Wait, we’re allowed to pick Woolwich players now? :contepoint:

I wasn't sure if it was a genuine rule or not! If it is I can take them out .. but Jesus for 8m is ridiculous value (I think he's the most owned player in FF atm?) and Saka/Martinelli are very tempting at their price points as well.

They also have piss easy early fixtures.

I won't lie...as I saw Deuterz Deuterz use some scummers, I too...may have changed my team slightly :/

21-BCC485-2-EED-44-B8-8-AFE-C48-B30-EC87-C3.png

I won't lie...as I saw Deuterz Deuterz use some scummers, I too...may have changed my team slightly :/

Mine is way worse. I made some changes this morning and it's got 3 Woolwich players in .. I plan to switch them out when the fixtures get harder and they inevitably begin to crumble, but I can definitely see them having a fast start to the season.

Jesus is pretty much a must have, Saka is on pens so at 8m a steal & Martinelli will start the first few (ESR injured) and is only 6m ... very annoying.

Mine is way worse. I made some changes this morning and it's got 3 Woolwich players in .. I plan to switch them out when the fixtures get harder and they inevitably begin to crumble, but I can definitely see them having a fast start to the season.

Jesus is pretty much a must have, Saka is on pens so at 8m a steal & Martinelli will start the first few (ESR injured) and is only 6m ... very annoying.

Agree with you - definitely Jesus anyway, I think as he's their 'main man' will bag quite a few.

I feel dirty, but you have to pick 2 Woolwich players. The bastards are cheap after all... Here is my squad anyway:

Alisson
Dean Henderson (B)

Cancelo
Cash
Walker
PERISIC
Lamptey (B)

Jacob Ramsey
Salah (C)
martinelli
KULUSEVSKI
Eriksen (B)

jesus
KANE (V)
Sam Greenwood (B)

Final XI after tweaking

Ward
Cancelo
James
TAA
Robertson

Saka
Martinelli
Bailey
Salah (C)

Kane
Jesus

Gone heavy on hoping defenders net me a lot of points + also taken a big risk with Ward as hoping Leicester don't sign a new goalkeeper. Bailey's a bit of a punt but has had an excellent pre season and is only 5m. If Saka wasn't on penalties I'd get Mount or Kulusevski in, but that edges him a bit ahead.

Haven't done one of these in a while so I thought what the heck?

Starting XI:

Ward

Trippier
Robertson
Walker

Son
Salah
Grealish
Eze
Bailey

Kane
Jesus

As you can imagine, not much money to be spent on that bench. Iversen, Neco Williams, Guehi and Archer make up the rest of the team. But pretty happy with that team. Should get a fair few cleansheets with Robertson and Walker as well as hopefully some assists through Trippier and Robertson too.

One of Son or Salah was a must but I decided to go with both. A lot of cash but you're guaranteed goals and assists with both of them. I think Grealish will get loads of assists this season and Eze and Bailey are cheap little gambles that will either pay off or won't.

Kane and Jesus speak for themselves. I don't think Jesus is the greatest striker and I hope he flops but the fact 75% of people have picked him worries me and I don't want to be behind if he hits the ground running.

Back
Top Bottom