Fantasy Premier League discussion

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wanna beat my co-workers, and need input from knowledgeable peoples.

My picks so far, for the upcoming season, are:
GK:
Hart (WHU) 4.5
Heaton (BUR) 5.0

Def:
Trippier (TOT) 5.5
Kompany (MCI) 6.0
Aké (BOU) 5.0
Bertrand (SOU) 5.5
Jagielka (EVE) 5.0

Midfield:
Coutinho (LIV) 9.0
Fabregas (CHE) 7.0
McArthur (CRY) 4.5
Ward-Prowse (SOU) 5.5
Willian (CHE) 7.0

Forwards:
Jesus (MCI) 10.5
Lukaku (MUN) 11.5
King (BOU) 7.5

Both keepers start with rough games, away against MUN and CHE, so I may change at least one of the before the first round.

Kompany had amazing return of points per minute played last season, but I think I might chose Mendy instead of him ahead of the first round when Mendy becomes available in game. Kompany is too injury prone, but may be an excellent choice when he's playing. Worth noting though that City may be defensively voulnerable, as always, with the amount of changes done in their defence, incl. keeper.

Will Jagielka be playing, with Williams and Keane in the club?

Fabregas, like Kompany, had a fantastic points per minute, as did Willian. The latter I expect will be a starter in the start of the season, with Hazard and Pedro injured. But will Fabregas start? With his return in terms of assists and goals he should imo, but I think Conte might prefer defensive qualities and go for Kanté and Bakayoko (seems the latter is injured though).

I expect Lukaku and Jesus to produce a frightening high number of goals and give our Kane a run for the boot, and they are both cheaper.

King was one of the best fantasy players in 2017 part of last season, and seems like fantastic value for "money", but will he keep it up? And how will the acquisition of Defoe affect him?

opened a TFC league 956198-229258

I went with
GK: Courtois, Forster
Def: Trippier, Cedric, Keane, Morgan, Yedlin
MF: Dele, Salah, Redmond, Willian, Loftus-Cheek
FW: Kane, Benteke, King

I'm going to finish last!

I wanna beat my co-workers, and need input from knowledgeable peoples.

My picks so far, for the upcoming season, are:
GK:
Hart (WHU) 4.5
Heaton (BUR) 5.0

Def:
Trippier (TOT) 5.5
Kompany (MCI) 6.0
Aké (BOU) 5.0
Bertrand (SOU) 5.5
Jagielka (EVE) 5.0

Midfield:
Coutinho (LIV) 9.0
Fabregas (CHE) 7.0
McArthur (CRY) 4.5
Ward-Prowse (SOU) 5.5
Willian (CHE) 7.0

Forwards:
Jesus (MCI) 10.5
Lukaku (MUN) 11.5
King (BOU) 7.5

Both keepers start with rough games, away against MUN and CHE, so I may change at least one of the before the first round.

Kompany had amazing return of points per minute played last season, but I think I might chose Mendy instead of him ahead of the first round when Mendy becomes available in game. Kompany is too injury prone, but may be an excellent choice when he's playing. Worth noting though that City may be defensively voulnerable, as always, with the amount of changes done in their defence, incl. keeper.

Will Jagielka be playing, with Williams and Keane in the club?

Fabregas, like Kompany, had a fantastic points per minute, as did Willian. The latter I expect will be a starter in the start of the season, with Hazard and Pedro injured. But will Fabregas start? With his return in terms of assists and goals he should imo, but I think Conte might prefer defensive qualities and go for Kanté and Bakayoko (seems the latter is injured though).

I expect Lukaku and Jesus to produce a frightening high number of goals and give our Kane a run for the boot, and they are both cheaper.

King was one of the best fantasy players in 2017 part of last season, and seems like fantastic value for "money", but will he keep it up? And how will the acquisition of Defoe affect him?

Few random thoughts.

You've spent far too much on your defence, I usually go with two 4.0 players and use the extra cash to beef up my midfield.

I always pick defenders who play every week and who get in among the goals and assists as clean sheets are pretty rare.

Points Per Minute is bullshit, total points is where it's at.

I'm building my team around Kane, Alli and either Eriksen or Trippier.

I always check out the Teams selected by % to get an idea of what the rest of the cunts are doing.

Few random thoughts.

You've spent far too much on your defence, I usually go with two 4.0 players and use the extra cash to beef up my midfield.

I always pick defenders who play every week and who get in among the goals and assists as clean sheets are pretty rare.

Points Per Minute is bullshit, total points is where it's at.

I'm building my team around Kane, Alli and either Eriksen or Trippier.

I always check out the Teams selected by % to get an idea of what the rest of the cunts are doing.

I do agree that my defence, as well as my attackers, eats too much of my pie, and that there is too little left for midfielders which tend to earn more points. This is something that I'll need to have a closer look at: whether one extra "money" is theoretically likely to be better spent in midfield or in defence.

I do agree that going for clean-sheet defenders can be too much of a gamble, and therefore have traditionally gone for (wing) backs or cbs that pose a threat on set pieces. Kompany scored three goals in 800 mins last season, as did Aké. Bertrand and Trippier are offensive backs. Jagielka scored 3 and had 3 assists in 2251 minutes.

Points per minute isn't what you should primarily look for, but you might be able to find hidden gems that way. Of course, you don't want players who aren't playing, but if you can find players that won't show up on most people's radar because they've had little time on the pitch in the past, but who does deliver when they are played, they can really give you a boost if you are correct in expecting them to be played regularly as you can get a lot of value for your doe and also get a nice value increase. Trippier is one such player. Other players that might offer the same are Rodriguez in West Brom and Kompany in City if they can rid themselves of injuries, our Son and Fabregas and Willian of Chelsea if they can find regular starts.

I envy those of you who can build teams around our stars.

Think you have too many players that aren't going to be guaranteed starters, namely: Kompany, Jagielka, Fabregas, Willian.

Ye, it's a risk. Kompany and Jagielka I think will be first choice CBs in their clubs if injury free. Willian I think will get to play due to injuries to Hazard and Pedro, unless they spunk more cash on new players. Fabregas I am not sure about, but he's great value if he does get to play, which, based on what he produces, he always should, imo (or shouldn't, as I want them to fail).

Back
Top Bottom