Favourite ever North London Derby?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

April 1982 at their place. 3-1 win. Micky Hazard's game. We had all of the Clock End and a good chunk of the left-hand half of the North Bank as you looked from the CE.

A couple of draws stick out too:

March 1982 we drew 2-2 at WHL after being 2 down at half time. I remember soul man Alton Edwards being introduced at half time and his song 'I Just Wanna' played over the tannoy with the pimps and prostitutes in the Park Lane clapping along to the tune thinking they had won the game. Cracking comeback in the 2nd half, and Chris Hughton decked Alan Sunderland with a well-placed upper cut. Got sent off for his trouble though (along with the drunk-driver).

Also, the 2-2 in 2016 for Kane's goal - along with Pavyluchenko's goal to make it 3-1 against Inter in 2010, it was the loudest I recall at WHL. Shame it wasn't a match winner but the game itself was fantastic.
I remember that 82 game..i was in the northbank ...they had a big useless lump up front called hawley or crawley..he scored..i can recall the third goal hazard scored and it seemed the whole of the crowd in the clockend came falling down the stand from where i was..
And the fighting in the seats in the east stand all through the game.
Got chucked out before hand and paid to get in again .

Probably have to go for the 5-1.
It was the first time my daughter had seen us beat the scum.
Booked a Wembley trip.
And it was on my birthday.

April 81/82. We won at Highbury 3-1, were going for the title and played tham off the park, 3-1 flattered them. That and the 5-0 a season later. Edit just seen N5spurs post who explains it better but it was bloody great. So many Spurs there that day.

This one without a shadow of a doubt, for me.
They had been singing ' we won 5-0 at the Lane' for about 5 seasons, and when that 5th goal went in, it was the best feeling I've ever felt at a game, bar none.
I was thinking of this game before you posted it. Brilliant goals by Falco. I got a bit confused watching it at first, until I realised the TV camara was in the West Stand, not the East Stand as normal.

Late 79s/early 80s. They did us 5-0. A year or so later we did them by the same.
that in my young teenager mind, was justice/revenge.

2018 at Wembley. My sister rang on the friday lunchtime and said could I get a flight to London for the Saturday. Her boss had two spare tickets ( some shite about him having to go on a cookery class with the wife, he must a been in the bad books to give up them tickets.) anyways yes Kane header , 1 nil and a great game.
But 91 was the first NLD I watched when I was 11. Only spurs fan in the school.

More great memories of the NLD than I'd first thought. Bit of a scrappy list but...

TV:

Early memory as a child was watching the 3-1 FA Cup semi. Gazza freekick etc.

At the stadium:

The 5-1 League Cup semi - the whole stadium was singing when the 5th went in, it was beautiful.

I was right behind Danny Roses strike in the Park Lane that night under Redknapp. Great atmosphere then.

The moment Kane scored wearing a mask. Epic scenes.

Final NLD at the lane.

Beating them at Wembley in the league under Poch (think that's the game with the attendance record).

Hugo saving a penalty in the last minute.

Privileged to have been at them all.

Away from home, I would have loved to have been at the 4-4 or 2-3 at the Emirates. Got great memories of watching those.

Picking games I was at …. One from each decade.

80s. Gazza scoring with one boot left behind him. Was right near the front of the Paxton in those days. We lost - but just sticks in the mind going mental a couple of feet from him when he scored.
90s. Wembley of course. What a day.
00s. LC Semi Final the lane.
10s. Bale and Lennon scoring within minutes of each other. Absolute mayhem.

Picking games I was at …. One from each decade.

80s. Gazza scoring with one boot left behind him. Was right near the front of the Paxton in those days. We lost - but just sticks in the mind going mental a couple of feet from him when he scored.
90s. Wembley of course. What a day.
00s. LC Semi Final the lane.
10s. Bale and Lennon scoring within minutes of each other. Absolute mayhem.
Good shouts all, was at all of those.

For sheer noise the 5-1 LC semi beat last night (or it did where I was sat East Upper mid way. Ears were ringing for days afterwards and voice like a gravel pit).

The one I regret most not being at, the 4-4 because I defo would have stayed to the end. As I did when we got battered 4-1 at WHL and still singing. Would always prefer to be miserable and make a racket to being miserable and being shtum.

I seem to rememeber there being one where Ljunberg got sent off, and we won, I think. I fucking hated that cunt. So I enjoyed that.

I have to go with the 3-1 semi-final, even though I was there for the 5-1 and in ways enjoyed it more.

But that FA Cup game was massive. It was an early kick off and I watched it on my own at home, sober I think. But boy was it vital to our club in so many ways.

The mos enjoyable was definitely the 5-1 for me. I don't really 'enjoy' these games as they are usually so tight or we just get battered. but obviously enjoy victories. The 5-1 was great because we never looked like losing.

I also remember watching the 5-4 defeat in a pub in Exeter with a gooner mate. Obviously I was gutted we lost but that game was so mental that me and the gooner just agreed at the end that it was a phenomenal game to watch

Has to be the Danny Rose screamer game for me, as it was the first time I'd attended and seen us beat them following a couple of years of draws and defeats.

In such an important game league position wise as well, what a night that was.
100% agree, what a night that was, I have NO idea how i got home :mong:

In terms of games I've been to I've got a pretty decent record too, it was only the shambolic 4-1 league cup game I've seen us lose and that was 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Favourite has to be the 2-1 Rose game. The celebrations for that goal were insane and the result was fantastic. Nice giving Judas shit one last time aswell.
No shitty excuses unlike the 5-1 either.

Although the 5-1 was a very special night too, the cup game following it up at Old Trafford a few days later was just a party. Result was irrelevant.

91 semi-final, I had all my family round (cousins, aunts and uncles etc) each and every one a Gooner. Needless to say I was getting a shit-ton of abuse, so I moved myself away from the middle of the room to the back of the crowd. When Gazza scored, I jumped in to the middle of the room and celebrated wildly (including a few swear words that got me told off). At the final whistle I continued to go mental and started giving back some on the grief I'd earlier received...then I got sent to my room :(

Back
Top Bottom