Favourite ever North London Derby?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The last one at WHL. Mathematically made it impossible for them to catch us for the first time in 20+ years, the beautiful 2 goals inside 5 minutes, and the glorious football that we played all day. Had it not been for Cech, that game would've ended 8-0. It's where the balance truly shifted.

Interesting story for you all

This was my first NLD - but I was at the Lane. I went to watch it on the Jumbotron. I don't think this service went on for many seasons?

IIRC, we sat in the north stand looking at the South as that was the first end to get the screen.
When Wright scored the penalty, a couple of Woolwich fans jumped up and celebrated. Absolute morons, should never have been there. I think they were very lucky to get out alive that day.

This one without a shadow of a doubt, for me.
They had been singing ' we won 5-0 at the Lane' for about 5 seasons, and when that 5th goal went in, it was the best feeling I've ever felt at a game, bar none.
I was thinking of this game before you posted it. Brilliant goals by Falco. I got a bit confused watching it at first, until I realised the TV camara was in the West Stand, not the East Stand as normal.

I was thinking of this game before you posted it. Brilliant goals by Falco. I got a bit confused watching it at first, until I realised the TV camara was in the West Stand, not the East Stand as normal.
Yes, that was my view from The Shelf, I can remember it so clearly :)

Late 79s/early 80s. They did us 5-0. A year or so later we did them by the same.
that in my young teenager mind, was justice/revenge.

2018 at Wembley. My sister rang on the friday lunchtime and said could I get a flight to London for the Saturday. Her boss had two spare tickets ( some shite about him having to go on a cookery class with the wife, he must a been in the bad books to give up them tickets.) anyways yes Kane header , 1 nil and a great game.
But 91 was the first NLD I watched when I was 11. Only spurs fan in the school.

More great memories of the NLD than I'd first thought. Bit of a scrappy list but...

TV:

Early memory as a child was watching the 3-1 FA Cup semi. Gazza freekick etc.

At the stadium:

The 5-1 League Cup semi - the whole stadium was singing when the 5th went in, it was beautiful.

I was right behind Danny Roses strike in the Park Lane that night under Redknapp. Great atmosphere then.

The moment Kane scored wearing a mask. Epic scenes.

Final NLD at the lane.

Beating them at Wembley in the league under Poch (think that's the game with the attendance record).

Hugo saving a penalty in the last minute.

Privileged to have been at them all.

Away from home, I would have loved to have been at the 4-4 or 2-3 at the Emirates. Got great memories of watching those.

Not necessarily my all time favourite, but my first.
Saturday 2nd May 1970, the final game of the season.
Woolwich had won the Inter-Cities Fair Cup Final the previous Tuesday. They had the nerve to ask Spurs if they could parade the cup in front of their fans before the kick-off. Needless to say what the reply was.

Of the ones I've been to...

The 4-4. I was one of the guys jumping up and down in this clip. The missus spotted us and called me straight away to say we were acting like a bunch of kids. Damn right we were...and proud of it.

The 5-1 semi. Park Lane was rocking.

And the 3-2 at the Emirates. However I'm still annoyed that Kaboul never ran over to us Spurs fans when he scored the winner.

Back
Top Bottom