Favourite ever North London Derby?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Morning all,

Just wanted to gauge opinion on what is everyone's favourite ever North London Derby?

The first ever one I watched on TV, in fact first ever domestic game I watched, was the '91 semi-final which in itself was amazing.

I was there for the 5-1 Carling Cup semi-final, which should probably be my favourite.

However, personally, my favourite to watch on TV was the 4-4 at Cashburton Grove for the sheet emotion I let out when Lennon got the fourth goal (and the crazy Yiddo running down to celebrate with the players).

My favourite I've ever been to though was the 2006/07 season home game (it was around March/April time I think). I had a ticket South lower just behind the goal. Pre-match I was reading my programme when the guy next to me asked if I'd mind swapping seats with his mate so they could sit together. I obliged and my new seat was right next to the Goonies. Anyway, the game played out and for the last five minutes of the game and the first 5 minutes of injury time, the Goonies were giving it the big "I fucking am" as they were 2-1 up....I am depressed as fuck. Then all of a sudden, the ball falls to Jermain "good for a goal against the Goons" Jenas and he hits a strike so sweetly into the bottom corner of the Paxton Road goal. Delirium....now it was our turn to go fucking bananas. There was a surge of white shirts heading towards me from the right, we were getting crushed all so 2,000 or so Yiddos could flip the bird to the Goonies...amazing end to a game, even better that Arsene Wenger threw his toys out his pram about the amount of injury time....perfect

So yeah, what is everyone's favourite NLD?

3-1 cup semi final, for many reasons not least of all walking past some woolwich opening a bottle of champagne pre-kick off. they were on course for the double

Got to be you won't get your double up the Woolwich 91 semi brilliant performance light up by gazza my hero

Also have fond memories of ripping the piss out of the fashion unconscious goons wearing that awful yellow and green chevron bag of vomit shirts

The 2-3 a couple years back. Even over the 5-1, for various reasons.

Was at a Uni open day, let mum go to all the 'important lectures' on accommodation and that while me and the old man sat in the SU for the game. Full of Gooner cunts. The barman was a Yid though!

HT 2-0 down we're sitting there having to listen to all these wankers giving it large. Second half unfolds, Raf tucks away the penalty and then all go quiet. Then KABOUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

We went fucking mental. Their faces/reactions were priceless.

Didn't end up finding out much about the uni in the end.

Top day :pav:

I seem to rememeber there being one where Ljunberg got sent off, and we won, I think. I fucking hated that cunt. So I enjoyed that.

I have to go with the 3-1 semi-final, even though I was there for the 5-1 and in ways enjoyed it more.

But that FA Cup game was massive. It was an early kick off and I watched it on my own at home, sober I think. But boy was it vital to our club in so many ways.

Has to be the Danny Rose screamer game for me, as it was the first time I'd attended and seen us beat them following a couple of years of draws and defeats.

In such an important game league position wise as well, what a night that was.

The mos enjoyable was definitely the 5-1 for me. I don't really 'enjoy' these games as they are usually so tight or we just get battered. but obviously enjoy victories. The 5-1 was great because we never looked like losing.

I also remember watching the 5-4 defeat in a pub in Exeter with a gooner mate. Obviously I was gutted we lost but that game was so mental that me and the gooner just agreed at the end that it was a phenomenal game to watch

My first ever. We won 5-0. George woods was in goal for them. He had a shocker and mooned the shelf.

I think it was 83.

I was there for rose, when Armstrong won us the game and last season too. In fact I can't remember an occasion in the league where I went that we lost.

I was there for the league cup loss....at least I was one of the 300who stayed to the end.

Has to be the Danny Rose screamer game for me, as it was the first time I'd attended and seen us beat them following a couple of years of draws and defeats.

In such an important game league position wise as well, what a night that was.
100% agree, what a night that was, I have NO idea how i got home :mong:

In terms of games I've been to I've got a pretty decent record too, it was only the shambolic 4-1 league cup game I've seen us lose and that was 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Favourite has to be the 2-1 Rose game. The celebrations for that goal were insane and the result was fantastic. Nice giving Judas shit one last time aswell.
No shitty excuses unlike the 5-1 either.

Although the 5-1 was a very special night too, the cup game following it up at Old Trafford a few days later was just a party. Result was irrelevant.

91 semi-final, I had all my family round (cousins, aunts and uncles etc) each and every one a Gooner. Needless to say I was getting a shit-ton of abuse, so I moved myself away from the middle of the room to the back of the crowd. When Gazza scored, I jumped in to the middle of the room and celebrated wildly (including a few swear words that got me told off). At the final whistle I continued to go mental and started giving back some on the grief I'd earlier received...then I got sent to my room :(

The 5-1, sitting in a pub with my Woolwich fan of a dad, watchin the confidence he had before the game leave him so quickly.

Yeah the 91 Semi final was so important at the time first Wembley semi and to lose was unthinkable and one of the most glorious days ever follwing Spurs.
My first ever. We won 5-0. George woods was in goal for them. He had a shocker and mooned the shelf.

I think it was 83.

And the 5-0 was a great day and some revenge for the Brady game in 78.

I haven't watched football very long, so I'll point straight to the 2-3 result at the Emirates. Wenger smashing that bottle after Kaboul's goal basically summed up Woolwich's gradual decline, and I found it much sweeter than I should have.

Back
Top Bottom