Favourite ever North London Derby?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loving these replies....a lot of memories but I wasn't alive for the 5-0 (wish I was)...this should be a discussion on the pod, I think everyone has different experiences of each game...let's hope tomorrow can bring us all more happy memories to talk about in years to come.

Where are people drinking before the game? My mate wants to go to the Hole of Tottenham as he wants to abuse the south London mugs as they're walking past, but I'd rather go Billy Nic or B&H for a few Red Stripes

1: Woolwich 2-3 Spurs
2. Woolwich 4-4 Spurs (partly because, looking back, that was the match that began taking the club to where we are today)
3. Spurs 5-1 Woolwich
4. Spurs 2-1 Woolwich (2009/2010)
5. Spurs 2-1 Woolwich (2011/2012)

Where are people drinking before the game? My mate wants to go to the Hole of Tottenham as he wants to abuse the south London mugs as they're walking past, but I'd rather go Billy Nic or B&H for a few Red Stripes

There isn't really a 'bad' place to drink before the NLD to be honest. It's personal preference

I remember the whole day! What I had for breakfast (wheetos), to driving up there with my (Gooner) uncle, going into some Gooner old boy cafe with him and having to sit there in silence.

Finally getting into the ground, staying after FT for ages, finally coming out of the ground, singing to the exec. level through the glass windows as they watched, confused, drinking tea and eating prawn sandwiches (probably).

Some guy holding his seat up and everyone pointing at him shouting 'Yiddo/Yido!', meeting back up with my uncle by the big letter 'A' as 1000's of Spurs fans march across the bridge singing, whispering to him 'you're in bandit country now' ( :adegrin:). Etc.!

:avblol: :dawson:

I remember the whole day! What I had for breakfast (wheetos), to driving up there with my (Gooner) uncle, going into some Gooner old boy cafe with him and having to sit there in silence.

Finally getting into the ground, staying after FT for ages, finally coming out of the ground, singing to the exec. level through the glass windows as they watched, confused, drinking tea and eating prawn sandwiches (probably).

Some guy holding his seat up and everyone pointing at him shouting 'Yiddo/Yido!', meeting back up with my uncle by the big letter 'A' as 1000's of Spurs fans march across the bridge singing, whispering to him 'you're in bandit country now' ( :adegrin:). Etc.!

:avblol: :dawson:

cool-story-bro-2

:adegrin:

Ones I've been to it must be the 5-1 League Cup Semi, closely followed by the 2-1 Rose etc.

If I'd have been at 3-1 FAC Semi Gazza or the 3-2 at Emirates though they would be top for shizzle

And the 5-0 was a great day and some revenge for the Brady game in 78.

What a shocker that was.

Remember pre kick-off team walkabout on the pitch, and Brady getting abuse so he motioned to the Gooners in the Park lane to "get" our lot. Upon which our old crew in the West Enclosure steamed towards him and he shit a brick.

And just to cap the day, I got nicked at Kings cross after fighting Gooners and Chelsea who had come to ambush us.

:parker:

The 91' semi I was 6 and it was the first game I remember watching. After Gazza's free kick I missed some of the game as I was trying to copy his free kick in my garden.

The best one I've actually been to was the 5-1. I was in Park Lane for it as it was before I got my season ticket. It was mental that night. The Danny Rose derby was also special. I remember seeing the ball go to him and thinking: "don't fucking shoot". Fortunately Rose and I don't have a psychic connection!

The 2-3 Kaboul goal. I just remember being really happy for days after the game!
I didn't see the game as I was in Hamburg and there were no bars near where we were staying that were showing it. Had a mate texting me updates and went fucking mental on the streets of Hamburg when we won and all these Ben Shermans were looking at me like I was nuttier than squirrel shit

My friend was at the 4-4 and at 4-2 shouted at some bloke leaving "we're still in this" to which he laughed and replied "yeah, OK mate". Says he's never celebrated a goal like it.

My favourite was actually a loss! But there is a reason. My first away game was in the 1996/1997 season and it was the 3-1 loss too the scum at the old cesspit library. It was cold and pissing down with rain. The match itself was a bit shit, but as a new fan the level and quality of support I was experiencing that day was second to none and so the day is still one of fondness for me.

That said, I have never been to a winning NLD, especially not away. All my others have been draws or losses and at WHL. I suspect there will be a game out there in the future willing to take it's place.

Back
Top Bottom