FAZIO CAME, HE SAW, HE SAID NO - West Brom vs Tottenham 15:00 Saturday 5th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lets all stop thinking we are actually better than we really are.
We have a young and relatively inexperienced squad and we are completely rebuilding.
We have sorting out the easy to beat tag, that's the foundation.
We still have the same problems we have had since Bale regarding goals. Yet we are trying to remedy that with players who are capable of scoring in all positions.
They just need to click at the same time.

Patience. This was meant to be a project. Let's give the manager/staff and, more importantly, the players, the time.
It's not all bad.
At the beginning of the season most were predicting doom and us being left behind by Man U, Chavs, City, Woolwich and Liverpool etc.
Now we are screaming top 4 must be achieved.

We are a decent side with capabilities. Far from the finished article who, at this time, are 6 points off the top.

But but but 6 points off the top leaves us closer to 12th than 1st, so the end is near :pocheyes:

I didn't really see a tired side out there. The PL is increasing becoming a league where there's less and less between teams. Any team can frustrate another team. WBA were really good yesterday, snapping at our heels all day long and getting to 50-50's first. I don't really think the ref had (as much of) an awful game, as some has suggested on here, but he did allow quite a bit of borderline stuff (from both sides) and it played into their hands. Not making excuses, we should have been better, and should have been able to play around their pressure. But it was more about WBA being brilliant and disturbing our play so we never really got any momentum going as it was us having an off day per se.

A tell tell sign for me was that I saw a bit of what has frustrated me for sooooo long about Dembele, and I haven't seen for months until yesterday. He kept the ball too long on a number of occasions. That tells me, he had too few options. It could be our players being tired and not making the right runs. Or it could be Pulis setting up his team brilliantly. Given that it's Pulis and what I saw in the match, I tend to believe the latter.
Our players weren't making runs as much as normal. Or closing down as aggressively as a team as before. I think this was tiredness. It's not that they are knackered, they're not. It's just that when you have played lots, this starts to go, that ten percent less closing down, that ten percent less running, because it may not be necessary. Saw same as you that Dembele and others didn't have options at times. Thing is it does impact outcomes. The running not only puts the player into space for a pace but pulls their defence around creating space for others.

Having said all that, credit to WBA and Pullis they worked hard and got their tactics spot on. It is the best league in the world because the whole league is good (more or less). We got a point more than Woolwich got against WBA recently and we are still unbeaten in 14. I hope our players get a rest this week though, I do think they need it.

That result from Newcastle/Liverpool is perfect for us, but makes our game next week a lot harder. They'll come into the game with confidence now so the team will have to be on top of their game.

u cant melt but u can say we have a good chance of winning the league. thats no fair.
neither are reasonable reactions.

Leicester and Woolwich won (both had easy games)
United and Spurs drew
Liverpool, Citeh and Chelsea all lost.

I said Friday that I'd be happy with a point this weekend, and it now looks like a very valuable point indeed. Bring on the Toon!

Sooooo... Considering this, and that it took Liverpool 88 minutes to have a shot on target, can we maybe stop melting about yesterday?

Tbf Liverpool had a perfectly good goal chalked off for offside and I wonder if some of these linos understand the offside law as we suffered yesterday too!

Only one person appears to be melting on this forum

Last edited:
It must be a nightmare being one of our negative saddo's right now.
They only chance they get to come out and play is if we get a draw.

I bet they are hoping Santa brings them a Spurs defeat for crimbo, then they get their wish and can let it all out properly.

Bless em.

If you want real melting try Spurs Vital!

Some of them were openly delighted with our poor performance

:vertna:

We are a decent side.....
WBA played to spoil our game. The wind contributed to the overall dismal performance from us. WBA play to create confusion and with the wind causing the ball to be unpredictable at times, we were up against it. The signs of a good side is to adapt and adjust, we did just that. Another day it could have been 3 points, i'm sure. Anyone who doubts us now should not be there at the end when we achieve greatness. SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE

Looking back at the weekend of results. You could say it's a shame we dropped points here. We would have put ourselves 5 points clear of 6th place. We would be 1 point off 4th and 4 points off top.

But also this weekend we moved 1 more point clear of Liverpool, we didn't lose any ground of Man Utd, we made up a point of Man City too. Newcastle at home next and whilst their home win against Liverpool was all well and good, our home form is incredible and I think we'd be a lot better at home then they will be away.

Back
Top Bottom