Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think he deserves much stick, he's been asked to play in a system that certainly didn't suit him, but he never complained or came out in the media to say how unfair he's been treated.

I don't think he deserves much stick, he's been asked to play in a system that certainly didn't suit him, but he never complained or came out in the media to say how unfair he's been treated.
He also made a name for himself here, even if not suited to our system nobody can deny he made at least qn impression, little slow but hard as nails is fair I think

Fazio is the best defender in Serie A so far, according to the ratings at whoscored.com. Now that we often play with three CBs, do anyone think there can be place for him in our team? With three CBs, his lack of pace might not be as big of a problem. A defence featuring him in the middle, with Verts to the left of him and Alder to the right should be rock solid, shouldn't it?

Fazio is the best defender in Serie A so far, according to the ratings at whoscored.com. Now that we often play with three CBs, do anyone think there can be place for him in our team? With three CBs, his lack of pace might not be as big of a problem. A defence featuring him in the middle, with Verts to the left of him and Alder to the right should be rock solid, shouldn't it?

Haven't noticed Wimmer do anything wrong when he gets the chance though. Sir Toby of the Lane will be the central defender in any 3 man line though

Something about the pace of Italian football compared to the Premier League......

Whoscored ratings are only based on statistics, so, Fazio makes lots of clearences every game, despite playing good or not, hence his ratings are high. Accordind to Whoscored he was also one of our best players whe he was at Spurs.

Apart from looking like Diego Costa's illegitimate son, I didn't mind the guy!

Wouldn't half come in handy with Jan out... but maybe not the right 'mindset' for our 3-at-the-back-attacking formation!

He was out for din-dins with Erik the other day

15802256_392515694430318_8652120182233235456_n.jpg

The Fazio and Vertonghen partnership was always great for me. Had a real good run going with them before Pochettino split them up.

He's doing very well at Roma. League suits him better.

The Fazio and Vertonghen partnership was always great for me. Had a real good run going with them before Pochettino split them up.

He's doing very well at Roma. League suits him better.

I thought it looked incredibly rocky at times. On paper it performed admirably but Fazio on the ball put us under immense pressure in every game but especially in the win against Chelsea and the loss away at Selhurst Park. Even when we beat Albion 3-0 at the Hawthorns he was very poor and kept getting us in trouble.

Serie A football obviously suits him much better. You're absolute bang on there imo. It's perfect for him.

Back
Top Bottom