FIFA WORLD CUP 2026

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So let me get this straight, Mexico has hosted three World Cups since 1970 (granted they were the backup in 1986) and the USA two since 1994, yet England and by extension the UK has only hosted one in it's entire history, that being 60 years prior by the time 2026 rolls around.
Argentina and Spain have also only held one. Holland have never had it.

I don't have an issue with the US hosting it considering it's bigger than Europe.

By then saccer will be 4 x15 minute quarters with 20 minute advertising breaks between them. Referees will be mic'ed up and will stop passages of play to explain to the crowd what's happening.
Players will be asked to comment during games and "tied" games will be settled by gunfights between 5 players from each side.
Diana Ross and Madonna will sing the American national anthem before each game.

There will be imposed rehydration breaks where the players will be given coca cola or Coors lite, which they have to finish.

Seeing that list of stadia makes me glad we don't have a sponsor's name attached to ours. If I'm not mistaken, the Aztec Stadium is the only one that doesn't feature one.

Back
Top Bottom