Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was, when reacting to Leicester, stupid enough to discover that 68 points is our average season on season points accross the past 8 years. This season we hit the brick wall @ 70 points, but Champions league is the prize so no one is going to look too close at that, that could be a shame as the collapse from 2-0 up at Chelsea has been staggering. There is no hiding place and I am not sure how we move on from that, or if anyone should actually move on from it as someone needs be accountable and I am not sure they will address it correctly as the success might well mask some of the issues.

In a two horse race, we have managed to finish third. We are 22 years behind a complete load of cunts, over half my life we have not finished above them, that's an odd realization this evening, it's never ever going to end and if it did, then it would take 23 years to better it by which time, well who knows....

5-1 today is up there with the worst over, 7-1. 6-1 and 5-1 all at Sid James "Sports Direct" Park all equally abject. But today mattered most and they let US down. From kick off they failed to show Newcastle the respect they were due & Townsend of all people made a meal of us, it was obvious last Sunday how this one was going to be, but I never imagined we could be that bad. When we were often so good.

I never take a heavy defeat well, but Christ I work next to a Gooner, a Gooner is behind me and my Director is a Gooner. I wish tomorrow won't come.
There's 2 of us and 3 of them at mine.
Zulu-Screencap-michael-caine-2662264-570-330.jpg

You are asked at the beginning of the season, "will you take third place now?" And obviously you say yes.

You are asked at the beginning of the season "Will you take third but Leicester win and Woolwich are second?" Again you say yes (you're like WTF Leicester!? but you take it) .

You are asked at the beginning of the season "Will you take second place going into the final day of the season knowing a point away at already relegated Newcastle will secure you 2nd place and a finish above the scum" You say absolutely fyucking not, not with these shower of shit bottlers who only work well when 11 specific players are on the pitch at the same time and the pressure is off.

I am as happy clapper as they come but today and in-fact the last few weeks has been absolutely unacceptable. If you are aware that you need to avoid injury or suspension because the club relies on your inclusion week in week out then you don't punch the opposition, you don't drag your nails down someones face and above all, when you haven't been suspended and are still playing you suck it the fuck up and do what is necessary. The fact we couldn't take the three points from 12 needed over the past four games is beyond the pale.

Fucking hell boys, it's only Tottenham. :pocheyes:

Euro's can't come soon enough.

I was, when reacting to Leicester, stupid enough to discover that 68 points is our average season on season points accross the past 8 years. This season we hit the brick wall @ 70 points, but Champions league is the prize so no one is going to look too close at that, that could be a shame as the collapse from 2-0 up at Chelsea has been staggering. There is no hiding place and I am not sure how we move on from that, or if anyone should actually move on from it as someone needs be accountable and I am not sure they will address it correctly as the success might well mask some of the issues.

In a two horse race, we have managed to finish third. We are 22 years behind a complete load of cunts, over half my life we have not finished above them, that's an odd realization this evening, it's never ever going to end and if it did, then it would take 23 years to better it by which time, well who knows....

5-1 today is up there with the worst over, 7-1. 6-1 and 5-1 all at Sid James "Sports Direct" Park all equally abject. But today mattered most and they let US down. From kick off they failed to show Newcastle the respect they were due & Townsend of all people made a meal of us, it was obvious last Sunday how this one was going to be, but I never imagined we could be that bad. When we were often so good.

I never take a heavy defeat well, but Christ I work next to a Gooner, a Gooner is behind me and my Director is a Gooner. I wish tomorrow won't come.
points total is irrelevant we got our record points total under Villas Boas and finished 5th. this is better season that that one.

One thing I'm feeling as I sit here reading every update to this thread is absolutely gutted.

Twice this season I've felt this gutted, first at the Chavs the other week and now here I am again.

Don't ever remember being this gutted in a single season that's also been a point of so much pride and hope.

nope not that old - but then again
I'm not acting like a spoiled brat who thinks he's entitled

Get pissed, get laid - have a good take away and smoke something dangerous

The pain goes away....

Got laid already. Cause, as opposed to the dried out sack of potatoes you get the yearly humping from, my girl is young and needy.

Have a good one, Mr "I'm so mature I say "no I don't think I will" when people tell me to fuck off, cause they totally meant it in a literal way, or no they didn't but that's the joke tee-hee I'm funny and mature and old as fuck"

Pochettino better get them back on track mentally for the start of the season.
It's not the start of next season I'm worried about.mm it's the end. .
We really have git a mental block when it comes to finishing above those cunts. .m or just seeing it out.
A fucking DRAW would've done today... I'd have happily seen 10 men behind the ball and bore our way to a 0-0... worked for fucking "Fairytale City"

I'm too fucked off with being made to feel greedy at DARING to want to finish above those cunts for the first time in 21 years...
Yet they have Wenger out protests 'cos they're not winning the fucking treble every year!

I'm still trying to work put how arguably our BEST season in years now feels like a MASSIVE disappointment!
How DO we keep raising the bar of disappointment each year??
JUST when I thought we'd turned a corner too...
Well, we HAVE turned a corner
.. it's just there was a fucking big manhole we didn't spot just in front of us.

We'll dust ourselves down hopefully.
We'd fucking better...
And I don't wanna see those fucking horse punchers back in the Premier for a few years yet... until they've THOUGHT about what they've done!

Fuck it... there we were celebrating cos Sunderland took all the pressure off today... I thought the fans were gonna be seething?
Fat chance if that with the Spurs Charity bandwagon rolling into town.

Spurs just don't INFLICT PAIN on anyone else but our own fans do we?

One this that is for sure is that this season shows how important a teams journey is being 2nd for a while gave us hope to win the league making 3rd place a disappointment but if we were 11th in January and ended up 3rd we would be going crazy right now.
Just like the hammers are pissed of right now cuz 2 weeks ago they had a chance to be in the champions league and now they're 7th which isn't the worst of seasons considering they finished 12th last year

Poch better have yelled at them good. He even said they were on holiday. I still can't believe his response to going down was throwing on Carroll and Onomah. I think Onomah is great but Carroll is even worse than Mason. I am glad I live in the US and don't have any Gooners I know.

I'm in pain. I'm literally in physical and emotional pain. I'm moping around like my dog just died.
I need to get on with my life.
But that hurt. Bad.
Watching Poch suffer like that was heartbreaking.
I just hope this is a learning experience for this young team.

Papering over the cracks.

Let them take their selfies for finishing 2nd, let them have their little celebration for finishing above us (again) but most of all, let them give Wenger a brand new contract because they finished the season in a false position and so did we.

Yes, the way we capitulated has been disgraceful to be quite honest on with you - but we've got a lot more to be positive about going forward than they do.

I'm just as fucked off as the rest of you are at the moment, but with a few additions in the summer we will be right up there again - I'm sure of it.

It's a fucking huge disappointment no doubt. I feel for everyone living around London as I used to. The next few days will be tough. We have had a good season of course but the last four games have been a massive disappointment and that's why it hurts so much. Yet again we DID choke when it mattered.

With any luck, a good wind and a couple of good signings this the last year we all suffer this. Hopefully.......

Back
Top Bottom