Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch has been saying all season we don't care about Woolwich which has pissed me off because it's blatant that the fans care!!! Does he not care what the fans think? A good manager would have been laying into the lads every week since the Chelsea match, taking away the focus from losing the league to focusing on finishing above Woolwich, if the manager doesn't give a shit why should the players?

Really disappointed in him.

AVB got sacked, yet the 72 points he won us would have been enough to finish 2nd!!!
I guess it isn't too crazy to see that AVB's first team was actually quite good

Defoe
Bale - Siggurdson - Dempsey
Dembele - Sandro
BAE - Vertonghen - Dawson - Walker
Lloris

vs

Kane
Alli - Eriksen - Lamela
Dembele - Dier
Rose - Vertonghen - Alderweireld - Walker
Lloris

AVB P 38 W 21 D 9 L 8 GF 66 GA 46 GD +20 PTS 72
Pochettino P 38 W 19 D 13 L 6 GF 69 GA 35 GD +34 PTS 70

Poch has been saying all season we don't care about Woolwich which has pissed me off because it's blatant that the fans care!!! Does he not care what the fans think? A good manager would have been laying into the lads every week since the Chelsea match, taking away the focus from losing the league to focusing on finishing above Woolwich, if the manager doesn't give a shit about Woolwich neither will the players, and that much as been all to fucking obvious in recent weeks.

Really disappointed in him, I hope there is a backlash so he understands the rivalry next year.

Food for thought: AVB got sacked, yet the 72 points he won us would have been enough to finish 2nd!!!

Food for thought: United won the title that year with 89 points with a, by their standards, weak squad. 72 points is just a number, which is of no use today. If this season is a weak league, then that 12/13 most certainly was as well. More so imho.

Food for thought: United won the title that year with 89 points with a, by their standards, weak squad. 72 points is just a number, which is of no use today. If this season is a weak league, then that 12/13 most certainly was as well. More so imho.

Worst league I can remember, other than Fergie being manager and RVP on fire United where dog shit, worst Fergie team since when he originally took over the club.

Leicester on this season's form would have spanked that league, the all round football that year from everyone was appalling.

Even this season with it being a 'weak league' Liverpool are in EL final and City got to the semi's of the CL.

It's a cop out when people say Leicester won because of a weak league, they have very good players and a good if boring gameplan. Chelsea have won the league many times like that.

Give the players a fucking break. We are a young team and are going to get better every season. We finished third and have champions league football and a new stadium to come. The future's bright, keep your chins up
I mean this respectfully and I'm aware I'll sound like a wanker, but I'm guessing you're quite young. I'm 31, go to as many games as I have over the years and see if you feel the same way. I am beginning to understand how people around me in the Paxton become moaning, spiteful old cunts. It's from multiple experiences like yesterday. Fuck, I think I am beginning the transition myself...someone help me.

Got to sleep with the aid of a special cigarette. Woke up at 4am and spent three horrible hours in bed failing to come to terms with what's happened. Not just yesterday, but since we went 2 up at Chelsea.

The final table needs to be locked in a vault at the Public Records Office and banished from public display for the next century.

Anyone else wishing they had pulled a sicky today? I will be surrounded by Woolwich, west ham and Chelsea scum today. Fakkin elll

Yep.

Getting dogs abuse from everyone.

You can understand Woolwich having a go but Chelsea and West Ham???
Do me a fucking favour. Chelsea 9th.
West Ham 7th after fucking up 5th place on the last day, having to rely on back door entry into the Europa. Have a word with yourselves pikey bottlers.

All this talk of whether the players are in it for themselves. The sad truth is that the simple answer is that of course they are. Anyone who thinks or even wants otherwise are stuck in the past. Those days are gone. Long gone. Not saying it's wrong to want the players to. We all want that. It's just unrealistic.

The point for me on that account is that however much yesterday hurt, then if that's what we want, we need to get behind the current manager. Fair enough if people think Poch along with the players let us badly down in the last month. We've got a manager, who values team ethos and pride in the team AND club. End of the day the players in the modern game will be in it for themselves, but we're not going to find a better manager (who can cut it at this level) to make sure that the players also understand playing for the club. I truly and honestly believe that Poch wants a culture where the base of everything happening in the squad is based on a core set of values that puts team and club above playing for themselves, even if it's going to a part of the package.

In the midst of our pain and disgust, what's been most forgotten is how furious Poch looked. My feeling was and is that he was upset in the same way as us - ie. feeling let down - much more than any other manager, I can think of would.
I like Poch and I think he is a winner, and we need to keep him as long as possible. BUT he is far from blameless, he started all this with his comments last week about "we do not look at Woolwich", that surely was transmitted to the players, can you imagine Fergie saying that about Liverpool? Can you fuck. The ethos starts with him and with comments like that he was basically saying finishing above Woolwich is the same as finishing above City, and that's how the players played. If we had lost second place to City we'd be gutted but nothing like this and we can forgive the players being "on holiday" as Poch put it. It was his job to remind them of the responsibility to the fans and to treat all opponents as equal opponents was not to do that.

Disappointed with the minimal levels of civil warfare in this thread! Perhaps i missed the bulk of the fallout? I suppose for once its difficult even for the "happy clappers", like myself, not to be absolutely devastated by this one.

Yes expectations set at the beginning of the season have been exceeded, but these expectations shifted as belief in the team grew and the last few weeks were not reflective of our performance as a whole this year. Lots of work still to be done.

Still saw idiots like John Thomas calling out Levy at 1-0 down. Didn't see chrome dome on the pitch myself??
Unfortunately this result adds fuel to that fire. Let's hope that the bad vibes don't carry on through to the beginning of next season as we know where that path leads us.

Roll on hearing THAT music as the players walk out for only the second time in my life. Was genuinely spine tingling last time round.

COYS.

I am still fuming about yesterday. I have never been this wound up, even work mates are steering clear today.

And there is no such thing as spursey, can we just drop this embarrassing phrase, yes lasagne and then Bayern Munich was bad luck.

But yesterday cost us because our players did not want it, that's not spursey or bad luck, that is highly paid players taking the fucking piss out of us, the fans that travelled up yesterday and the club they represent. They can all fuck off, every single one of them, I need a summer to calm down from this.

Watching spurs for 30 years now and I am used to defeats, I don't have high expectations but what I do expect from our players is commitment and an understanding of what the rivallry means to fans. Yesterday those players did not care, they ducked out of tackles, were slow on the ball, had no energy and no creative spark,. If we had lost but put in a shift then yes we would be annoyed but those fuckers rolled over and let a relegated team with 10 men take the piss out of them and us

As a said I am off to calm down but our players were a fucking disgrace to the shirt yesterday. I will not forget that one in a long time.

I like Poch and I think he is a winner, and we need to keep him as long as possible. BUT he is far from blameless, he started all this with his comments last week about "we do not look at Woolwich", that surely was transmitted to the players, can you imagine Fergie saying that about Liverpool? Can you fuck. The ethos starts with him and with comments like that he was basically saying finishing above Woolwich is the same as finishing above City, and that's how the players played. If we had lost second place to City we'd be gutted but nothing like this and we can forgive the players being "on holiday" as Poch put it. It was his job to remind them of the responsibility to the fans and to treat all opponents as equal opponents was not to do that.

In his defense, i don't think Poch told the players to not go out there and try? He still said that he wanted to finish the season strongly, he still said that we wanted to finish as high as possible .We have no idea what was said to the players behind closed doors. Poch showed his passion on the pitch as a player and is well aware of what derbies mean.

He deals with the press well imo, and generally he does that by taking any emotion out of his interviews, thereby denying the gutter press any rope to try and hang him with. AVB and Sherwood failed to do that and the press slaughtered them for it eventually.

The alternative is this:

keeganrant_450x300.jpg

I agree with those who recalled Poch saying it doesn't matter about Woolwich, when he should have said the opposite. If it didn't matter then that's why the players went on "holiday" after they drew with Chelscum. I blame Poch for 99% of the inept performances - he doesn't motivate players at all.

Worst league I can remember, other than Fergie being manager and RVP on fire United where dog shit, worst Fergie team since when he originally took over the club.

Leicester on this season's form would have spanked that league, the all round football that year from everyone was appalling.

Even this season with it being a 'weak league' Liverpool are in EL final and City got to the semi's of the CL.

It's a cop out when people say Leicester won because of a weak league, they have very good players and a good if boring gameplan. Chelsea have won the league many times like that.
Agree with most of that. I'm still partially of the mind that Leicester's obscene upturn in fortunes may be down to foul play, though.

In his defense, i don't think Poch told the players to not go out there and try? He still said that he wanted to finish the season strongly, he still said that we wanted to finish as high as possible .We have no idea what was said to the players behind closed doors. Poch showed his passion on the pitch as a player and is well aware of what derbies mean.

He deals with the press well imo, and generally he does that by taking any emotion out of his interviews, thereby denying the gutter press any rope to try and hang him with. AVB and Sherwood failed to do that and the press slaughtered them for it eventually.

The alternative is this:

keeganrant_450x300.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Keegan wasn't media trained.

Agree with most of that. I'm still partially of the mind that Leicester's obscene upturn in fortunes may be down to foul play, though.
Couldn't give a fuck now. The alternative is (if they were doping- which I highly doubt) that they are stripped of the title, which would go by default to... Let's not even entertain it eh?

The alternative is this:

keeganrant_450x300.jpg
Respectfully disagree. The attitude Poch has will seep its way through to the players, regardless of what he says in private. He could have given the usual boring interview without saying that stuff about Woolwich. I think he knew he fucked up and that's why he said it was the worst day of his managerial career.

I am still fuming about yesterday. I have never been this wound up, even work mates are steering clear today.

And there is no such thing as spursey, can we just drop this embarrassing phrase, yes lasagne and then Bayern Munich was bad luck.

But yesterday cost us because our players did not want it, that's not spursey or bad luck, that is highly paid players taking the fucking piss out of us, the fans that travelled up yesterday and the club they represent. They can all fuck off, every single one of them, I need a summer to calm down from this.

Watching spurs for 30 years now and I am used to defeats, I don't have high expectations but what I do expect from our players is commitment and an understanding of what the rivallry means to fans. Yesterday those players did not care, they ducked out of tackles, were slow on the ball, had no energy and no creative spark,. If we had lost but put in a shift then yes we would be annoyed but those fuckers rolled over and let a relegated team with 10 men take the piss out of them and us

As a said I am off to calm down but our players were a fucking disgrace to the shirt yesterday. I will not forget that one in a long time.

This. In a nutshell. Fucking fucking wankers. I was embarrassed, yes embarrassed and ashamed to be walking around London in my spurs top and spurs jacket yesterday. Regret especially wearing the jacket as I couldn't get away with hiding my shirt! The amount of shit I got from random passers by on my way back from the bill nich to Victoria station yesterday was unreal. Had to hide at the back of a weatherspoons for ages until my bus, and on that bus were several gooners, a couple of chavskis and a watforder.

I blame the playeds for that fucking humiliation - too many on holiday or protecting themselves for the euros. Surely some of them must have known how much it would have meant to us to finish 2nd. Not ashamed to admit that I cried, silently, all the way home. Even the gooners took pity on me :(

I dunno... they SOMEHOW seem to be celebrating SOMETHING, by convincing themselves they have managed to end the season on a high...

West Ham saw the Ol'Boleyn off in style by reverting to type and throwing bottles at the opposition bus... and were RICHLY REWARDED for their fine support with a cracking game and a dramatic win...

MEANWHILE...

Chelsea 'won the League' doncha know...? they celebrated with Ranieri like they did... and John Terry couldn't help show his true nasty Nazi colours by having a dig at OUR inability to win the league (rather than wondering why his own teams inability to defend their title so spectacularly wasn't picked up by any of their fans...
MEANWHILE...
Arseanal will no doubt have their St Smug Gloating Cunt Parade down Islington High Street this afternoon... yet a few weeks ago it was Wenger out... still, like West Ham. .. their STERLING SOLID SUPPORT got what it so richly deserved...

Even fucking Newcastle managed to celebrate .... what the FUCK have they got to celebrate??
Why couldn't Villa have shown SO MUCH DESIRE on the last day... or would that upset the Spursy Gods?

And yet there we are... on the brink of an EXCEPTIONAL season, finishing 3rd... THIRD! And yet we feel this morning as though it's all come crashing down. ..
How do we DO that?

We're not even allowed to celebrate the GOOD TIMES. .. fuck knows there's been enough final day disasters...

I'm sick of trying to convince people that Lasagne was all a Gooner fix job, paid for because they couldn't afford NOT to get into the CL... and here we are... 10 years later... being reminded if it by their cunty ex-players too smug to care.

Our players should be forced to go into the workplace of 11 fans today, and experience the barrage of smug unbearable gloating that OUR FANS will have to endure this Summer...
THEN they'll realise what knock-on implications packing up shop early has on THEIR LOYAL FAN BASE!
Where was OUR 'doing it for the fans'??

FUUUUUUUUUCK I'm sick of football right now...
Thanks for that Spurs. .. I fucking owe you one!
Blinding post! I agree with you, Spurs have managed to ruin even an extraordinary season for all of us who love and care about the club and what it means. Yes third is magnificent but they've made it so I can't enjoy the achievement or feel any pride.

Back
Top Bottom