Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At one point a few games ago we were winning all our games to win the PL. Now we just need to win this one or draw to get 2nd spot and finush above Woolwich.. We must be capable of getting a point if we want it enough.. Hope Slumberland win tonight and New Utd are down this should make it easier. What a season it just keeps on going and going and going and going and going.
Townsend better think twice before scoring?:townhmm:

Balances itself out over the season though. He made incredible saves that you wouldn't expect any keeper to save against the likes of Palace at home, Chelsea at home and West Brom away to name a few..
Not sure about that. My feeling is that he has had a worse season than last one, when he was spectacular. Not saying we should get rid, far from it, just pointing out my opinion. In 14/15 he was brilliant for the whole season. In the second half of this season I can't remember him making any great saves, yet I remember goals he should probably have saved, against Woolwich, Southampton, West Brom, maybe West Ham, off the top of my head. Not making the saves is partly to do with our defence being better, but still.

Just looked at the report of our home match re Newcastle as I have blotted the match out of my memory. We had 10 of our strongest team playing with only Dembele missing and without Ali will actually be weaker this time. However some of them had played in the Europa only 4 days earlier and this time all will have had 7 days rest. We dominated procession and should have scored a second but like Sunday ran out of ideas and allowed them back into the game & they got a late winner.
Whether they are relegated or not they are at home this time and the fans will demand they attack giving us better opportunities to pick them off. When I look at their players I cannot think any of them would get in our team and we should win. We should have won the last 3 matches but did not but those were better teams. Can we hold our nerve and score at least twice to finish the season on a high. I bloody hope so but will worry right up to the final whistle.

Just looked at the report of our home match re Newcastle as I have blotted the match out of my memory. We had 10 of our strongest team playing with only Dembele missing and without Ali will actually be weaker this time. However some of them had played in the Europa only 4 days earlier and this time all will have had 7 days rest. We dominated procession and should have scored a second but like Sunday ran out of ideas and allowed them back into the game & they got a late winner.
Whether they are relegated or not they are at home this time and the fans will demand they attack giving us better opportunities to pick them off. When I look at their players I cannot think any of them would get in our team and we should win. We should have won the last 3 matches but did not but those were better teams. Can we hold our nerve and score at least twice to finish the season on a high. I bloody hope so but will worry right up to the final whistle.

No mate.sorry but just no...we havent deserved to win the last 3 matches at all. Weve completely wobbled and are shaking like a shitting dog. The players look a s though they are not bothered at all now.

This sunderland game tonight will be massive. 50,000 geordies at st james park cheering them on to stay up doesnt bear thinking about, the we are playing. If newcastle are already relegated then it gives us a chance. Looking at statistics from the newcastle game earlier in the season is completely pointless, it has no relevance whatsoever. Different time and situation.

If sunderland dont win tonight, prepare for the shit storm because weve fucked it

Last edited:
Sunderland 2-0 up.

You'd think that'd be good news for us if it stays the same. But then Newcastle would have no pressure and that may lead to them playing a better game, all the pressure would arguably be on us.

Sunderland 2-0 up.

You'd think that'd be good news for us if it stays the same. But then Newcastle would have no pressure and that may lead to them playing a better game, all the pressure would arguably be on us.
Lol, this is hilarious. Newcastle relegated is now not good anymore. Newcastle still having a survival chance is not good either. There will always be doubts, we can overcome them whether they are relegated or not.

Lol, this is hilarious. Newcastle relegated is now not good anymore. Newcastle still having a survival chance is not good either. There will always be doubts, we can overcome them whether they are relegated or not.

We are Tottenham. As shown this season by losing to this shit already, playing in the last full capacity game at WHL and throwing away leads all season that nothing is easy.

Sunderland 2-0 up.

I disagree bro. There fans will be going mad abusing Ashley and the players. Perfect storm for us to sail into

I disagree bro. There fans will be going mad abusing Ashley and the players. Perfect storm for us to sail into
Goes without saying that it's much better that they are down. Doesn't mean we will definitely win, but gives us a much better chance. Particularly if we start well (which we have been doing even in recent games). We just need to get that 2nd goal and then we should be fine.

Goes without saying that it's much better that they are down. Doesn't mean we will definitely win, but gives us a much better chance. Particularly if we start well (which we have been doing even in recent games). We just need to get that 2nd goal and then we should be fine.
Yeh bro we have to play well. The players should be desperate for us to finish above the scum. I couldn't deal with it if we lost. To many dickheads have been running there mouths this week

Back
Top Bottom