Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Each to their own. I dont think he or the players are that bothered about finishing behind Woolwich.
But maybe they are.

Who knows, probably a little bit. Not as much as us though.

I think that's the same at any team unless the players a lifelong fan. Players are motivated by money, trophies and accolades. If that weren't the case 90% of players would be playing for their boyhood clubs.

We can expect them to play their best and be professional, but it's verging on insane to expect them to love us the same way a fan would if they're not a fan.

Some will stay with us and become fans, but some never will be.

That's football.

Disgusted.

Shafted up the backside by rich children who don't care or understand rivalry.

All the goodwill earned this season pissed away over a few games. Couldn't even beat AVB's points record.

People making excuses for this shite can go fuck themselves. We wouldn't even be in the CL but for the shitness of other teams.

Leicester were deserved winners of the title. Why? Because they gave a shit...unlike us.

One thing I'm feeling as I sit here reading every update to this thread is absolutely gutted.

Twice this season I've felt this gutted, first at the Chavs the other week and now here I am again.

Don't ever remember being this gutted in a single season that's also been a point of so much pride and hope.
I think 2006 is the only time I ever got close to feeling this bad...but then we were cheated. This time, our players simply let us all down.

mpDL3aa.png

Link to article with video.

A few choice words I'll include from the interview:

"We need to learn, we need to improve our mentality."
"After I think Chelsea we show utter weakness, mental weakness."

He also said at one point that it was his worse game as a manager. He apologized etc.

:pochsmirk:

Fair play to him really.
Maybe if he put off his lunch with Fergie and worked out a tangible midfield formation that afternoon instead then today might not have happened, or am I being harsh ? That second half was like park football So unprofessional. If our team where cunts today, then Poch was the cunt in charge of the cunts.

The club needs to give the ticket cost and travel costs back to our fans after today's shower. People paid to see a professional football match, they saw 11 players stealing a living and 11 others who cheated their fans for 37 games.

I am editing my post. As in fairness I have just watched his comments to the BBC and he is clearly emotional and clearly he does give a shit, that means I can cut him some slack.

I hope that from this he has enough bollocks to deal with the guys who let US down ( that's almost to a man all of them ) I would not argue that we bin all the players, but there are players there who will NEVER play for Spurs again and I am fucking delighted with that, from the negatives come positives, that's the only hope.

Last edited:
I've finally lost count of how many times Spurs have broken my heart. I feel so sick I could f**king cry. This song popped into my head and I need to get something out or i might actually f**king explode so here goes:

"Poch dont know what he has done
Onomah's come on for Son
Toon have beaten us 5-1
Another sick st totteringham

This is how it feels to be spursy
why do i follow football?
this is how it feels when your world means nothing at all

Led on a 21 year dance
with out luck Kane will get nobbled in France
Our beautiful season's become a fraud
imagine the f**king grin on claude

this is how it feels when your world means nothing at all..."

Next season we need to follow the Ranieri way - get to 40 points ASAP.

Cannot afford another slow start. Poch needs to work on coaching tight defensive structure so we can do to teams what they do to us. Sit back and absorb the pressure. It's another string to our bow and should stop us losing so many leads.

It's clear we are struggling against teams parking the bus and closes all spaces to make final pass or create 1 on 1 chances. Poch need to work on this in pre season and also add some quality on front 4 positons.

Last edited:
BTW, did Chadli touch the ball? He's one I'd tie a chain and ball to and let fight against the sea level.
I've finally lost count of how many times Spurs have broken my heart. I feel so sick I could f**king cry. This song popped into my head and I need to get something out or i might actually f**king explode so here goes:

"Poch dont know what he has done
Onomah's come on for Son
Toon have beaten us 5-1
Another sick st totteringham

this is how it feels when your world means nothing at all

Led on a 21 year dance
with out luck Kane will get nobbled in France
Our beautiful season's become a fraud
imagine the f**king grin on claude

this is how it feels when your world means nothing at all..."
I think this is the reason I follow this football club. (I've got low self esteem)

From the moment of Dele's stomach punch it seemed like the clouds had been gathering to put us off form, follow up with Chelsea meltdown, sprinkle in a cheated penalty by the barcodes and you get this most noxious brew, capable of melting even Superman's engorged John Thomas......not happy with how this has gone down at the end but I don't buy that our success has been at the hands of others failures. We have played some superb football.

After the game I sat down to play scrabble with my daughter, first four letters out of the bag, I shit you not:

C
O
Y
S

An auspicious omen. Let the lads stay healthy over the summer. I have the green light for a trip to WHL in the fall. Let's do this.

COYS

It's clear we are struggling against teams parking the bus and closes all spaces to make final pass or create 1 one 1 chances. Poch need to work on this in pre season and also add some quality on front 4 positons.
It will be next seasons game plan for all the teams. Just sit back and have 2 pacy fuckers to hoof the ball to and hope for the best.
Cant wait.
Leicester got away with it because teams underestimated them for the first half of the season, for the second half they thrived on bad calls and good old luck.
I hope they go in to administration.

Back
Top Bottom