Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whatever we feel right now, we've had a great season and achieved so much. Kane gets golden boot and deserves it. Right now , It hurts, its embarrassing and on the whole disappointing but we mustn't allow it to over shadow the whole season, everything is in place to march forward and Im already looking forward to next season.Im refusing today to spoil my day and my expectations for next season.

First half Dier and Mason were horrible.
We've heard from various sources that Poch has been concerned how we folded away at Dortmund without Dembele. Well we folded against relegated shite in the Prem without him.
Striker and someone to fill in for Dembele (that's going to cost big money) should be top of the transfer list.

But even Dembele himself is a part of a problem.

He compensates for not being the best passer let alone a calming, controlling midfield general by just being able to spinning & sprinting out of trouble, or in tight monents just shrugged off markers like flies.

The problem he hides is the fact, that we STILL have no controlling midfield player, someone extremely confident on the ball who can control the pace - who knows when to slap it 40 yards deep for Kane to run onto, or to step on the ball, play little 1-2's and draw tempo out of a game.

I haven't melted all season. BUT I am fucking livid about today's result. Totally unacceptable not only to lose, but to lose badly in the manner we did. It makes me want to kill myself - my only saving grace being that when it comes down to the all important moment, I wouldn't have the bottle because I'm Spurs through and through: fucking gutless.

I wouldn't recommend seing the goals on highlights again.

I know I said during the game, that the poor defending wasn't the worst part. But replaying it makes be less bullish. Some shocking marking and clearing in there.

Missus asked me whether the matched could be fixed. Only reason I can deny it is because SO many Spurs players were so very poor.

OK highlights:
- Amazing away fans
- The cull: These last 8-10 games of the season showed beyond any fan-boy, happy clapper discussion, that a number of players weren't good enough for us over this season. Next season with a tougher top tier and CL challenge, it will be even tougher. There will barely be room for someone like Chadli, and most certainly not for Mason, Bentaleb, Carroll, Fazio and Yedlin.
- The draft: I said before today, we are looking at a minimum of 3 senior players (striker, winger, central midfielder) to challenge for first XI straight away. That is - now the season is all over - within hindsight more like 6-5 senior players (add classic defensive midfielder, another attacking midfielder/wide midfielder, possibly versatile fullback) to that. This end season will have weeded out any excuses, let alone any youth-romanticism, that there is no need to buy. Oh there is need to buy. Urgent need, too.

Pochettino better get them back on track mentally for the start of the season.
Unfortunately this form will carry over to next season, as we are. Although we have had a brilliant season, the way we have played in our last few games is not acceptable and change is needed to make us stronger both mentally and physically over the whole season and in certain matches when its needed.

Some change will be needed to give us a a different perspective, a new angle, a fresh start. A few different personnel with some new players and maybe a couple will have to go. Change the way we play a little, change our style. we mustn't stand still and believe we can, just improve and challenge for the Pl as we are, doing the same thing.

What is your theory on the fixtures mate? Any money we start at Anfield next season with Woolwich home to Bounemouth.

I'd probably expect us to start the first 3 games with any combination of Man Utd, Chelsea, Woolwich, West Ham or Stoke.

Does anyone know any bookies stupid enough to take this one?

Gutless shit they brought to Newcastle. My feel good for next season has all but dissipated.
Total collapse at the end of the season. WTF?

Feeling a sense of dread for the champions league.

Letting Woolwich finish on top of us was very Spursy. Yes I said it. Spursy

Fuck!

But even Dembele himself is a part of a problem.

He compensates for not being the best passer let alone a calming, controlling midfield general by just being able to spinning & sprinting out of trouble, or in tight monents just shrugged off markers like flies.

The problem he hides is the fact, that we STILL have no controlling midfield player, someone extremely confident on the ball who can control the pace - who knows when to slap it 40 yards deep for Kane to run onto, or to step on the ball, play little 1-2's and draw tempo out of a game.

Valid point but who do you see as the options to bring in?

Valid point but who do you see as the options to bring in?

I don't have to. We employ a coaching and scouting staff close to 30 strong to solve just that problem.

I can just observe, that other clubs - in particular ones with a CL ticket in hand - has absolutely no problems finding good players, including midfielders.

Oh by the way, not sure if it's been mentioned but our defence is not the best in the league anymore after today's game which shows what a disappointing performance it was.

Back
Top Bottom