Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was very angry after the shit performance. Got a cab home quick from the hope and anchor in crouch end because I could not face all the scum supporters on the W7. I feel that our team has really let us down over the last four games but over the season they have been amazing. The team is crying out for a calming influence in mid field in the modric/Carrick mold who can control the pace of games especially when the pressure is on. Poch and his team have been great at finding/fixing weaknesses in the squad and hopefully they can add some depth in the summer. I know it hurts now that the scum have finished above us but the pain will make it even better when we finish above them. Keep your heads up tomorrow at work guys. Remember we have some of the best young players in Europe, a fantastic coach, champs league football and a world-class stadium on the way. Whilst a second place finish might paper over the cracks this season at the shirates they are a club in disarray who have shown little desire this season under the leadership of Wenger. The future is bright the future is Lillywhite. TTID

Do you honestly believe that bullshit?

They've just had there best finish since they moved.

Our players were shit at the start and shit at the end, that's pretty much a quarter of the season.

I fucking despise the lot of them, pochettino included.

Our players were shit at the start and shit at the end, that's pretty much a quarter of the season.

Of course you do, all gooners do. Tell us something interesting like when Wilshere is going to be put down

You hate the players and the manager, and the club makes you angry and miserable. Maybe you should take an interest in something else.

I gotta say, I dislike you more than anyone else on this board.

Joe is a cunt when he drinks and he gets angry. Danior, or whatever the fuck he's called, is a cunt when he gets angry. There's a drive there, a motivation, they get worked up and they lose control, giving it some sort of justification.

You're not angry or worked up. Even in your neutral calm state, you just come across as a dickhead. Coming onto a football forum saying "Chillax, people haven't died or had limbs blown off", mate it's a football forum for fuck sake.
jesus, really? You don't like me?I'm heartbroken.

I really must re- evaluate my life.

I'm well aware of what this forum is about thanks. You patronising dork. I also suffer the same sense of crushing disappointment as every other poster who is a dyed in the wool Spurs fan.
But, to use words that you so ineptly posted, I just happen to have sufficient control to maintain perspective over the situation. I have actually had to live my life with genuine moments of real tragedy, and when that happens, it means that a bad football result is something you can deal with.
If you want to dislike me because your life is shallow and without incident then I suspect that it speaks greater volumes about you, than it does about me.

Last edited:
It because of all that work that it is makes 2 points from 12 a disgraceful return. Today's performance was also a disgrace. Newcastle had nothing to play for and we had some history to play for.

You talk about pride of what we did this year. But team could not play in a way to honour the effort they had put into the season so far by throwing it away. It is humiliating. 1 more fucking point was needed.
I know. I just prefer to find the good in a satisfying season on balance, rather than condemn the entire playing staff for one performance.

But even Dembele himself is a part of a problem.

He compensates for not being the best passer let alone a calming, controlling midfield general by just being able to spinning & sprinting out of trouble, or in tight monents just shrugged off markers like flies.

The problem he hides is the fact, that we STILL have no controlling midfield player, someone extremely confident on the ball who can control the pace - who knows when to slap it 40 yards deep for Kane to run onto, or to step on the ball, play little 1-2's and draw tempo out of a game.
Enter John McGinn

I still can't believe we ended up 11 points behind Leicester. Considering that just 4 games ago we were in a hunt for the title.

Bruvs I was emotionally trying to shield my self from how gutted I feel. I found it difficult to sleep last night I was so angry. I can't understand why the players could not motivate themselves for the last three game 's.
BUT if you would have offered me third place and Woolwich not winning the league i would have bitten your hand off at the start of the season

You are right but why couldn't the players like the hard work. To finish above them to take the 2nd spot is what we deserved. Used to us pissing away what we deserve. Lucky we did not implode the spurs way sooner. One knock or bad result is always what it takes. Always round the corner. No matter what we go for
At least we lasted longer this season than we normally do. Next season hopefully longer- to the end.. We deserve top 4, CL football and thats what we got. Really, does it matter about 2nd, no. It matters for the Scum more bevuse they always under achive. We have achived more than expected this season and shouldnt allow the last few games to over shadow how good we can be.

Got in about an hour ago and have not read any comments yet but have to say this.

I have never in my life booed a Spurs team but today I booed at half-time and full-time. At 5-1 my dad wanted to leave and I said no I want to tell these players what I think of them. We were in the very back row, so I went down to the front row and when the final whistle went I completely lost it, called those players all the cunts under the sun whilst others around me were clapping them.

I've been to every home game this season in all competitions except two when I was away on holiday. Been to 16 away games in all competitions. Went to the dead rubber in the Europa League against Monaco despite having really bad food poisoning. Went to the home game against Dortmund when we had already lost the tie despite feeling really depressed for personal reasons and not having slept for a couple of days. Went all the way to Baku for the Europa League game there. My commitment is the same every year, and I always sing my lungs out at every away game, and as much as is possible in the Paxton for home games.

Today I lost it because I saw that the players do not give a fuck about us. As soon as the league title has gone, CL football is secured, they give up. First half, we bottled 50-50 challenges, we were second to every ball, we didn't bother to press...I've watched enough football to tell the difference between a team who is shit (but trying) and a team who is "on the beach" and I'm sorry but this was the latter. We ask them to do one little thing, not for their bank balance, not for their egos, not for their winners medals, but for US, the long-suffering fans, and they don't do it. We didn't ask for much. We asked for a solitary point against a relegated side with ten men, and they couldn't be bothered to deliver it. A fucking 0-0 draw would have done. 2-2. 3-3. Anything.

Second half we turned up and yes it wasn't a pen and if not for that we would have got 2nd but we should never have been in that position.

The players don't care about Woolwich. They don't have to suffer the abuse we do from those cunts. Those players will not lose a night's sleep over finishing behind them again. I bet that if you asked them when was the last time we finished above them, most of them wouldn't have a fucking clue.

I'm sorry but if you think those players care about us, the fans, then you are deluded. With maybe one or two exception like Kane. They showed their true colours today, and they ain't blue and white...they are only in it for themselves. I thought this team was different but I was just being a complete mug.

They do not deserve the support we give them. I'll continue to go to the same amount of games because I'm a yid and I love the club and I love our fans. But I will not feel bad about giving any players abuse at games (which I have very rarely done in the past), slagging them off on here or in the pub, I won't feel bad about booing, and I'll only support a player if I think they are good enough to wear our shirt, not out of loyalty to them, because at the end of the day, unless they prove otherwise, I will believe they are only in it for themselves.
The really evident part of it all was that Newcastle were playing for their supporters, we got fuck all, players walking around at 0-0. It's a shame that the players don't give two fucks - the real disappointment was we foolishly believed for once we were one unified club, instead it just as much 'us' the supporters and 'them' the players. Which I'd say is the same at every club but just look at yesterday, NUFC fought with desire, to prove a point to their support, that's to say it's possible for a club's players to give a fuck.

We all love Tottenham, it's irrational and that's why it hurts. We've got Champions League yes, but we won't be watching it as a collective instead of just watching a squad of 25 men live their dream, playing in the highest club competition available, a chance given to them by a club and by proxy its supporters and sponsors.

Uhhhhh Spurs

Last edited:
At least we lasted longer this season than we normally do. Next season hopefully longer- to the end.. We deserve top 4, CL football and thats what we got. Really does it matter about 2nd, no. It matters for the Scum more gevuse they slways under achive. We have achived more than expected this sesdon.

Doesn't cut it unfortunately. It matters massively. Had we floated around 3rd/4th below scum and finished 3rd behind scum then we'd all be happy. To be humiliated (and I don't mean the result I mean the gap we had with 4 games to go) shows we still possess the ability to let an actual mathematical lead go. Only Tottenham could do that. Every time I say 3 points from 12 needed I am furious. A disgrace. As was the desire from the players in the last two games. Look at Newcastle, they'd already gone down. Still the same soft bottling Tottenham deep down.

Doesn't cuely. It matters massively. Had we floated around 3rd/4th below scum and finished 3rd behind scum then we'd all be happy. To be humiliated (and I don't mean the result I mean the gap we had with 4 games to go) shows we still possess the ability to let an actual mathematical lead go. Only Tottenham could do that. Every time I say 3 points from 12 needed I am furious. A disgrace.
I agree. But im refusing to feel sorry for my self, thats how its all coming over on here. I know we were playing the best football ive seen in ages this season and thats what im hanging onto.

Were we ever in the race?We seem to not win any game that would bridge the gap. We need to learn to play the occasion.
Thats a telling point
Leicester home
Liverpool away
Wet Spam
Goons home
Chavski away

big games
throw in Saints, WBrom, Stoke and NUFC at home and you see where our season went ( 4 of which were losses)

The last game is almost irrelevant. The team had already given all it had in the bank.

Lets be brutally honest, the season started with a major clear out, and no new blood that strengthened the team. We got what we achieved with a young and inexperienced team, where a lot of players stepped up and did us proud.
Rose
Dier
Alli
Dembele
Lamela.....
Alderweireld, was a major bonus

with further improvement from Kane and Eriksen

With Hugo being the rock that we knew him to be

I hated the way they did it, and the timing - but we hadn't lost by more than one goal to that point. If that team deserved and should be forgiven for - it was one bad result in the season

Last edited:
Doesn't cut it unfortunately. It matters massively. Had we floated around 3rd/4th below scum and finished 3rd behind scum then we'd all be happy. To be humiliated (and I don't mean the result I mean the gap we had with 4 games to go) shows we still possess the ability to let an actual mathematical lead go. Only Tottenham could do that. Every time I say 3 points from 12 needed I am furious. A disgrace. As was the desire from the players in the last two games. Look at Newcastle, they'd already gone down. Still the same soft bottling Tottenham deep down.
Hey - go support Leicester then. They look like a classy team.
You're never too young/old to follow your dream.

These players are totally different people from any of the other players that label might have applied to, different manager etc etc. The only link is the strip and the home ground. Don't talk nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom