Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh, I agree. It's damn near impossible to disagree with!

My point was that Poch felt the same way by the looks of him. As I wrote in the transfer thread, I'm confident that Poch will let these guys know in no uncertain terms that this sort of surrender is not anywhere good enough. If they don't understand that, they can fuck right off. I'm just happy, we have the manager, we do, because - just to use the one we almost got - LVG would likely have used the newly found CL status and the money to buy mercenaries. Poch will imho look to cut anyone who doesn't understand playing for personal and club pride out, and look to sign people who do.
Hopefully literally.

Look, we'll probably be phenomenal next season. Last season was 'A New Hope', this was our 'Empire Strikes Back Moment', Luke now knows hot use the force, even though in many ways it's all gone to shit the signs to be positive are evident. Lets just hope that next season is our Return of the Jedi moment.

Also in contrast to the players don't care mantra, remember this chap?

That's what someone who leaves it all on the pitch, he doesn't fuck off when the going gets tough, I recall Vertonghen getting sent off before extra time against Basel in 2013, Dawson played as a 1 man defensive wall for half an hour in the single most valiant display I've seen a Spurs player put it, most of this players just haven't got the steel or graft.

Still gutted he never got a proper send off from the club.

Sorry... but we've been saying that in one form or another for the past TWEBTY-ONE FUCKING YEARS!
I think this is the thing that got to me yesterday. I try and stay calm, but I really can't take much more of "next year".

For the sake of one point. One fucking point, we would have finally had a little bit of bragging rights.

I don't care for those people who say we are too worried about Woolwich. After I watched us get destroyed at Highbury 20 years ago I've wanted to be able to stick it to them just once...and again it's gone.

A month from now logic will return and we'll realise how good 3rd spot is. But right now heart is ruling head.

Hopefully literally.

Look, we'll probably be phenomenal next season. Last season was 'A New Hope', this was our 'Empire Strikes Back Moment', Luke now knows hot use the force, even though in many ways it's all gone to shit the signs to be positive are evident. Lets just hope that next season is our Return of the Jedi moment.

We'll win the league with little 3 foot furry players?

Is Robbie Keane coming back?

At least you can still laugh at the spammer and chav fans...if that's any consolation?
I dunno... they SOMEHOW seem to be celebrating SOMETHING, by convincing themselves they have managed to end the season on a high...

West Ham saw the Ol'Boleyn off in style by reverting to type and throwing bottles at the opposition bus... and were RICHLY REWARDED for their fine support with a cracking game and a dramatic win...

MEANWHILE...

Chelsea 'won the League' doncha know...? they celebrated with Ranieri like they did... and John Terry couldn't help show his true nasty Nazi colours by having a dig at OUR inability to win the league (rather than wondering why his own teams inability to defend their title so spectacularly wasn't picked up by any of their fans...
MEANWHILE...
Arseanal will no doubt have their St Smug Gloating Cunt Parade down Islington High Street this afternoon... yet a few weeks ago it was Wenger out... still, like West Ham. .. their STERLING SOLID SUPPORT got what it so richly deserved...

Even fucking Newcastle managed to celebrate .... what the FUCK have they got to celebrate??
Why couldn't Villa have shown SO MUCH DESIRE on the last day... or would that upset the Spursy Gods?

And yet there we are... on the brink of an EXCEPTIONAL season, finishing 3rd... THIRD! And yet we feel this morning as though it's all come crashing down. ..
How do we DO that?

We're not even allowed to celebrate the GOOD TIMES. .. fuck knows there's been enough final day disasters...

I'm sick of trying to convince people that Lasagne was all a Gooner fix job, paid for because they couldn't afford NOT to get into the CL... and here we are... 10 years later... being reminded if it by their cunty ex-players too smug to care.

Our players should be forced to go into the workplace of 11 fans today, and experience the barrage of smug unbearable gloating that OUR FANS will have to endure this Summer...
THEN they'll realise what knock-on implications packing up shop early has on THEIR LOYAL FAN BASE!
Where was OUR 'doing it for the fans'??

FUUUUUUUUUCK I'm sick of football right now...
Thanks for that Spurs. .. I fucking owe you one!

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

I woke up a few hours ago. Couldn't get back to sleep. Emotions are completely fucked. Fucking raging one moment. Then a bit reflective over how great a season its been. Then heartbroken as this shit has yet again fucking happened. Then sick. Back to raging...

Just FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry... but we've been saying that wasting orm or another for the past TWEBTY-ONE FUCKING YEARS!

Good luck to your Son for his GCSE's though...!!
Priorities I guess...

...but if he fails them all, then maybe he can become a footballer!!!
At least I know he will give it all and I can be proud of his efforts. Im not going go waste negative energy on us when I know , they didnt give a fuck. Saying that, overall we have done well, CL football with a top 4 finish. This is the start of a bright future. Life moves on and the Scum can enjoy thier little victory and keep AW. They under achieved we havnt over the season. Yes we crumbled at the end , well its better last few games than from Feb.

Someone was trying to tell me today that if Liverpool win the UEL we have to have a playoff against another European team for the UCL because they take our automatic spot. Is that true?

At least you can still laugh at the spammer and chav fans...if that's any consolation?
Yes every cloud has a silver lining . Some man u fan tried to mug me off could not believe it! I brought some weird hippie tea to get me through the day and I am feeling a little chilled now

What isn't irrelevant though is that I just did a quick count....to put my mind to more positive things....of the uefa team rankings. By my count, there's as things stand right now 15 teams ahead of us, meaning we're likely to be seeded in the second pot. However, Sevilla are ahead of us (and Pool behind us) meaning if Sevilla win, we drop to the third pot, which may be significant.

Again, it's a quick count and one or more teams above us may lose out in quals. No matter, I'll be damned if I cheer the dippers for another European throphy.

Someone was trying to tell me today that if Liverpool win the UEL we have to have a playoff against another European team for the UCL because they take our automatic spot. Is that true?
No, the only bunch of cunts fans sweating over the outcome of another team's result are West Ham's... they need their good old chums at Man Utd to 'do them a favour' and win the FA Cup for them to ensure Europa League...
Hopefully Man U have patched up their coach ahead of the drive down to Wembley...
(Though if they've any sense, they'll leave the night before!)

No, the only bunch of cunts fans sweating over the outcome of another team's result are West Ham's... they need their good old chums at Man Utd to 'do them a favour' and win the FA Cup for them to ensure Europa League...
Hopefully Man U have patched up their coach ahead of the drive down to Wembley...
(Though if they've any sense, they'll leave the night before!)

I heard that Van Gal planted the 'bomb' yesterday. He prefers the late kick offs.

Can't shake off this dull ache of disappointment after yesterday. After the monumental scrap (literally) against the Chavs, the season just fizzled out so weakly.
Horrible way to end the season after such a great ride. 3rd place should feel much better than this.
Let's hope it's addressed in the summer with some credible signings.

Poch has been saying all season we don't care about Woolwich which has pissed me off because it's blatant that the fans care!!! Does he not care what the fans think? A good manager would have been laying into the lads every week since the Chelsea match, taking away the focus from losing the league to focusing on finishing above Woolwich, if the manager doesn't give a shit about Woolwich neither will the players, and that much as been all to fucking obvious in recent weeks.

Really disappointed in him, I hope there is a backlash so he understands the rivalry next year.

Food for thought: AVB got sacked, yet the 72 points he won us would have been enough to finish 2nd!!!

Last edited:
Poch has been saying all season we don't care about Woolwich which has pissed me off because it's blatant that the fans care!!! Does he not care what the fans think? A good manager would have been laying into the lads every week since the Chelsea match, taking away the focus from losing the league to focusing on finishing above Woolwich, if the manager doesn't give a shit why should the players?

Really disappointed in him.

AVB got sacked, yet the 72 points he won us would have been enough to finish 2nd!!!

The side he put out against them in the league cup was a good indication that he has no idea about the woolwich thing, although having said that he threw all the other cup comps as well.

As for the WHN points total, that's completely irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom