Final home game of the season vs Southampton. 08 May, 1330KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Players aren't fans, they don't bear the scars we do. Even Poch plays down the rivalry - it's just not important to them.
with the exception of a few players(since the 90s,anyway))
I will agree with that 100%.
I think that was one of the reasons Gazza was so loved,a Geordie,but he knew what games and results against that lot meant to us.

Fuck off back to Leicester and take your fucking avatar with you, mong
charming. I will do, as u sound like a right hard bastard.
U wont see me messing with the likes of u tough geezers.

Last edited:
fucking melting bottling cunts. 3 games on the spin they've thrown away the lead. Utter cunts.

They'll always let you down.

winning the title. But that dont mean we will because they think it.

Anyway, we shall see next season if we win it now the players know they are capable of it.
It's not just saying it, that is easy and quite frankly had he revealed on the first day of the season we were going for the title the press and rival fans would have laughed him all the way to the loony bin (me included).

This season has changed everything. Players will believe, management believe and so to fans. Not to mention the oppo many of them believe it too, spoke to any recently? Non of this means we will win it but it should mean we compete for it again, and not just wait for another half a century.

Disappointing performance, to say the least yesterday.
It was almost nostalgic having a superb day ruined by the football.Great pre match atmosphere in the pub.A good day spent with some very good friends.
One thing that did amuse me was walking back to the C&H after the game and knowing the goons had just gone 1 down because of the roar that erupted from the Bricklayers.

true. But i was more arguing against his point that said if we had targeted the title from day 1, we would have won it.

As u pointed out, leicester targeted survival & then just 1 more point once they got 40 pts.

I just dont think we will the title next season because we target it from day 1.
Theres far more too it than that.

I could have just said Woolwich, city, utd & chelsea all made the title their target.
It didnt work did it.
Show me where I said that! At no point did I say "we will win the League". I said our players and the whole club's mentality is shifting towards thinking about it and more importantly should be genuinely believing it.

fucking melting bottling cunts. 3 games on the spin they've thrown away the lead. Utter cunts.

They'll always let you down.

Calling our own players cunts is shocking. Yes they've had some shit results cos they're feeling sorry for themselves but do they deserve abuse like that???

It's a young team that felt the pressure when that 2nd goal wouldnt go in at WBA or at 2-1 against chelsea couldnt shut up shop and see it out. They are well aware of what it means to finish above Woolwich. They are not deliberately trying to fuck it up

We just still have that 'spursy shoot self in foot or get a bad result or decision and feel sorry for yourself and self destruct' thing in our DNA. But we are slowly getting un-spursed by poch. Hopefully next year we can learn how to manage pressure better and learn to shut up shop when that game killing goal doesn't go in and you have to resort to hoofing from defence, holding it up up top, keeping the ball and falling over to get fouls to kill the other teams momentum just to see out a game. Game management is the only thing Leicester did better then us.

We made the CL group stage! That is through a shit load of hard work given the amount of games we've played this year and usual Europa league distractions. So whilst we are disappointed that we might finish 3rd. The players don't deserve abuse like that.

Calling our own players cunts is shocking. Yes they've had some shit results cos they're feeling sorry for themselves but do they deserve abuse like that???

It's a young team that felt the pressure when that 2nd goal wouldnt go in at WBA or at 2-1 against chelsea couldnt shut up shop and see it out. They are well aware of what it means to finish above Woolwich. They are not deliberately trying to fuck it up

We just still have that 'spursy shoot self in foot or get a bad result or decision and feel sorry for yourself and self destruct' thing in our DNA. But we are slowly getting un-spursed by poch. Hopefully next year we can learn how to manage pressure better and learn to shut up shop when that game killing goal doesn't go in and you have to resort to hoofing from defence, holding it up up top, keeping the ball and falling over to get fouls to kill the other teams momentum just to see out a game. Game management is the only thing Leicester did better then us.

We made the CL group stage! That is through a shit load of hard work given the amount of games we've played this year and usual Europa league distractions. So whilst we are disappointed that we might finish 3rd. The players don't deserve abuse like that.
You're a cunt as well - everyone's a cunt today, deal with it.

It feels almost treacherous the way this team have gotten us to CL football to feel let down, but I can't help think that if we finish third this season will have petered out disappointingly. And to finish third will mean finishing below a mutinous team who have been awful, genuinely awful, for large parts of the season.

For those of us who live in London, and specifically north London, it will be unbearable.

Keep thinking long term is what I am telling myself but I can't see past next week.

It feels almost treacherous the way this team have gotten us to CL football to feel let down, but I can't help think that if we finish third this season will have petered out disappointingly. And to finish third will mean finishing below a mutinous team who have been awful, genuinely awful, for large parts of the season.

For those of us who live in London, and specifically north London, it will be unbearable.

Keep thinking long term is what I am telling myself but I can't see past next week.
They say the table doesn't lie.its a quote I have often used myself.
But.....If we should finish behind that lot,then it will have in my opinion.
We have been (at the very least) the 2nd best team in the country this year and the only one that had Leicester looking over the shoulder at all in the last 3rd of it.

Last edited:
I feel I have finally calmed down to come on here and talk about the game. Firstly can I say the atmosphere pre match and for much of the game was amazing. The flag display looked quality and I would say 80 percent of people wore white. We should have the flag display for every game.
Now on to the game. I think we just edged it first half and should have had a couple of goals. We still looked very vulnerable when they counter attacked. Mason, even then, was getting caught on the ball. The second half was appalling. We created virtually nothing. I noticed throughout Lamela was way out of position and they were allowed free crosses into the box. On balance Southampton probably deserved it. They made us look like mugs in the second half. This summer we really need some quality behind Kane.

Harry Kane:
“It would be a really good feeling [to finish above Woolwich],” he said. “It was not something we focused on at the start of the season but now we are here it would be good, it would be good for the fans.

“We all know what it means – we haven’t won the league this year, but there is still a lot to play for and that is definitely one thing. So the fans are urging us on, they were great but just disappointed we couldn’t do that [against Southampton] but there is still one more game and we will try our hardest. It is in our hands, we just have to win at Newcastle and then it’s job done.”

Asked about Wenger’s assertion that it would be a “one-off” were Spurs to finish above Woolwich this season, Kane added: “That’s his opinion, they are going to want to finish above us next season and we will be trying to finish above them. We want to finish as high up as we can, we are not going to focus on anything but ourselves. We will finish the season strong and next season will go and they to win the title again.”

why would u even say that when we lost at home to them

Lightning doesn't strike twice?

I saw them at Villa and they were shite

Your "logic" doesn't make sense

So, according to you, after losing at ManU on opening game of season we wd have no chance against them later on in the return

Let me remind you of the scores

0-1

3-0 and add total domination to the equation!

So take your 'doom and gloom' ethos somewhere else!

Spurs Vital welcomes miserable cunts like you!

:dembelefingers:

I feel I have finally calmed down to come on here and talk about the game. Firstly can I say the atmosphere pre match and for much of the game was amazing. The flag display looked quality and I would say 80 percent of people wore white. We should have the flag display for every game.
Now on to the game. I think we just edged it first half and should have had a couple of goals. We still looked very vulnerable when they counter attacked. Mason, even then, was getting caught on the ball. The second half was appalling. We created virtually nothing. I noticed throughout Lamela was way out of position and they were allowed free crosses into the box. On balance Southampton probably deserved it. They made us look like mugs in the second half. This summer we really need some quality behind Kane.

Also bear in mind Soton are a good side, had their 1st team available, with a good manager, are in good form and enjoyed uninterrupted preparation unlike us

They didn't have arguably two of their best two players suspended

And we still had enough chances to win the game and were unlucky not to at least draw!

i think they focused on winning the league, not Woolwich. They fell well short & are now in danger of finishing behind them.

If anything, focusing on winning the title has hindered us.
We were over pumped up for a few games like the chavs.

& as it got more & more clearer we couldnt win the title, our performances have dropped off.

Realistically we will hardly ever challenge for the title.
So if we focus on that every season, then by easter most seasons we will be out the title race anyway.

Go and "support" someone else you apathetic cunt!

:pochbye:

This is one of those 'I said' posts....

I said that we're destined to need a win on the final day, I had meant for a top four finish, and Townsend would ruin it for us. I'm not shitting myself that it will happen.
Why not Townsend do us a favour (he still must have friends at Spurs and still (being an X Tottenham player) hate Woolwich. He may just put his boots on the wrong feet as he did so often for us. We can draw with some effort, win if we have to. Newcastle will be down on the final day, Everton will lose to Sunderland, sorted.

Back
Top Bottom