Financial Results - Year End June 30, 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The secret to getting good financing terms is timing. Spurs got the bonds away pre-covid when interest rates were very low and few other asset classes were that attractive to investors.

So Spurs got a stonking deal. And such a deal would not be available now - and given the threat of rising interest rates having bonds with interest rates going up quarterly is the market reaction to the threat.

Details from an industry source, so its factual no flannel, and you will see the interest rates quoted.

ACT Deals of the Year Awards 2019: Bonds below £750m winner | The Association of Corporate Treasurers

www.treasurers.org
www.treasurers.org
Sweet deal indeed. Our clients would kill for that!

Per Alistair Gold on South Korea tour :

The north London club are the second most followed football team on TikTok, behind only Real Madrid. They recently passed 200 million impressions on the social media platform and 178 million of those were from South Korea, helped by Son's presence.

South Korea has become Tottenham's second biggest e-commerce market behind the UK, with the year to date sales only half of the UK and nearly twice as big as the USA.

Spurs have seized on the opportunity with initiative such as making the postage and packing costs similar to those offered in the UK and both matches in Seoul were watched by crowds mostly wearing one of the club's shirts, many of them the recently-released new season versions.

I knew South Korea was a big market for us, but its huge ........ and I don't see it going away quickly after Son retires - Liverpool still reaping the benefit of being a big team in asia in the 1980's .......

The north London club are the second most followed football team on TikTok, behind only Real Madrid. They recently passed 200 million impressions on the social media platform and 178 million of those were from South Korea, helped by Son's presence.

South Korea has become Tottenham's second biggest e-commerce market behind the UK, with the year to date sales only half of the UK and nearly twice as big as the USA.

Spurs have seized on the opportunity with initiative such as making the postage and packing costs similar to those offered in the UK and both matches in Seoul were watched by crowds mostly wearing one of the club's shirts, many of them the recently-released new season versions.

I knew South Korea was a big market for us, but its huge ........ and I don't see it going away quickly after Son retires - Liverpool still reaping the benefit of being a big team in asia in the 1980's .......
Asian fans do seem to follow the player rather than the team. When Ronaldo went to Juve, Madrid lost a million twitter followers and Juve gained a similar amount.
Our problem is going to be finding a Korean successor to Son. Probably why Kim Min Jae’s agent keeps touting him to us every season.

Asian fans do seem to follow the player rather than the team. When Ronaldo went to Juve, Madrid lost a million twitter followers and Juve gained a similar amount.
Our problem is going to be finding a Korean successor to Son. Probably why Kim Min Jae’s agent keeps touting him to us every season.
That's true but Korean fans seem to have finally accepted Spurs this season. They see that Son is a Spurs fan, and through him they get to learn about Kane, Dier, Davies, Romero etc. and they're learning to appreaciate the whole team.

A lot of them will likely leave after Son is gone, but I think plenty will stay.

Keep him until retirement, seems like he’d like that anyway.

Decent Coach as well, potentially, or, club ambassador.

That’s wrong and Gold is a tool. Population of S Korea is < than GB

Maybe that 178M is Asia in total?

Back
Top Bottom