Financial Results - Year End June 30, 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always think these results show the ceaseless loyalty of our fanbase. We're the only one of the top 10 earning clubs that consistently wins absolutely fuck all. Yet we're up there in revenue with clubs that win trophies nearly every year.

Our returns on the pitch are actually abysmal compared to our results off the pitch which are broadly speaking pretty good.

We have only been a European top ten earning club for three seasons, back in 2001 we were down in 17th on 48m less than 50% of Utd's 2001 income.

In 2021 we were 9th on 500m still 30% behind Utd but closing the gap ... so not consistently top ten at all, we've only just made that elite group.

We were still a long way behind the EPL clubs that win trophies Utd 651m, Liv 627m, City 617m, Chelsea 527m

This year all club's accounts for 2019/20 will see their income drop dramatically, our accounts show that. It won't be until we have a full year's income from a fully open stadium that we will see just how much more the gap has closed.

FYI - we are the 5th highest income club in the EPL - we have averaged 5th in the EPL over the last ten years - I would say our results are pretty much the same off and on the pitch - we now need both to get better.

Last edited:
So over the last 15 years or so we have gone from being a top 15 side in europe to top 10

Club# YearsMost RecentAvg RankBest Rank04-0505-0606-0707-0808-0909-1010-1111-1212-1313-1414-1515-1616-1717-1818-1919-20
Spain Real Madrid162019-20201.3111111111111132122
Spain Barcelona162019-20202.4416233222224223211
England Manchester United162019-20202.6912422333342311334
Germany Bayern Munich162019-20204.5037874444433544443
France Paris Saint-Germain92019-20206.1141055467657
England Chelsea162019-20206.6345645666577888898
England Woolwich162019-20207.3851095655568877691111
England Liverpool162019-20208.315810877899129999775
Italy Juventus162019-20209.6334312118101313910101010111010
England Manchester City152019-20209.875171720191112766655566
England Tottenham Hotspur162019-202012.138131511141512111414131212111089
Italy A.C. Milan162019-202012.3133568107781012141622182130
Italy Internazionale162019-202012.44797910998111517191915141414
Germany Borussia Dortmund122019-202013.3311182216121111111112121212
Germany Schalke 04162019-202014.441014141613161610151314131416161516
Italy Roma152018-201915.80911121091218152119241615241516
Spain Atlético Madrid112019-202016.27131722252015151313131313
Scotland

Swiss Ramble brilliant as always, worth clicking through to read the whole thread which gives a great 360 degree picture.

In broad strokes the takeaway is pretty simple. In order to grow our revenue back to, let alone exceeding, what it was during peak Poch, there is no other option besides better results on the pitch. This is true directly via Champions League income, which is a massive differentiator, but also more indirectly via matchday revenue and commercial deals all of which scale to a club's ambition in putting stars onto the pitch and playing in the highest profile games.

Thankfully, the other clear takeaway is that we're in very rude financial health so long as full capacity crowds remain allowed, and we have lots of excess fiscal capacity to push our way up the table. The note that our financing on the stadium averages a 22 year term at 2.7% interest is a key point, that's brilliant, we're in great shape there.

From a certain perspective the notion of hiring Conte and going wild in January is like an up-is-down bizarro world. From a different perspective it's just ENIC very rationally pursuing their raison d'etre from the moment they bought the club - revenue growth uber alles.

The ECL was a hare-brained effort to work around the iron law the ENIC project has now reached: you have to spend money to make money.

I always think these results show the ceaseless loyalty of our fanbase. We're the only one of the top 10 earning clubs that consistently wins absolutely fuck all. Yet we're up there in revenue with clubs that win trophies nearly every year.

Our returns on the pitch are actually abysmal compared to our results off the pitch which are broadly speaking pretty good.
We have a lot of fans that consider a healthy bank account more exciting than success on the pitch

I do wonder if other clubs have such a strange fan base as we do

We have a lot of fans that consider a healthy bank account more exciting than success on the pitch

Do we?

I see people interested to know that we do or don’t have money to spend on players. The only way to do that is read the accounts. I’m glad of the transparency personally. It is the only way we can hold Enic accountable if they do refuse to buy players for whatever reason.

I do agree there is a weird set of football fans generally who are more interested in the finances, transfers etc than what actually happens on the pitch. They are fans who probably don’t live in England or go to games and have grown up playing Football Manager or FIFA and so have a somewhat artificial love or affiliation with the game compared to those who actually go to matches and spend a lot of money getting there and buying stuff in the ground.

Probably because many older fans have watched club after club fail to spend their way to victory - for every Chelsea and City there are a dozen failures, from Wolves back in the eighties through "doing a Leeds" there have been BristolCity, Aston Villa, Luton, Swansea, Wimbledon, Wrexham, Man City once reached Div II, Forest, Carlise, Oxford, Orient, Sunderland, Sheffield, M'Boro the list goes on ... clubs whose financial problems saw them drop down the leagues (or even out of them) like the proverbial stone.

Of course, we want to win things but not at the risk of "Doing a Leeds" ... with a billion-pound stadium now bringing in enormous revenue that risk is massively reduced, so now having protected the "healthy bank account" now, with Covid on the way out, now is the time to invest on the pitch.

Strange fan base? or just older and wiser, after having seen so many fail so badly?

Do we?

I see people interested to know that we do or don’t have money to spend on players. The only way to do that is read the accounts. I’m glad of the transparency personally. It is the only way we can hold Enic accountable if they do refuse to buy players for whatever reason.

I do agree there is a weird set of football fans generally who are more interested in the finances, transfers etc than what actually happens on the pitch. They are fans who probably don’t live in England or go to games and have grown up playing Football Manager or FIFA and so have a somewhat artificial love or affiliation with the game compared to those who actually go to matches and spend a lot of money getting there and buying stuff in the ground.

Indeed... I couldn't give a shit about our finances beyond wanting to understand why certain things do or don't happen at the club. I used to work in accounts/finance and it (along with other people's money) bores the shit out of me.

Only to add, I find it extremely telling that many that rant about "thievery", "tight-bald-cunts", "anchor tenants" and so on run scared at the sight of ACTUAL concrete facts and figures that in theory ought to prove their ramblings true.
.........I just can't imagine why this might be. :pocheyes:

(See our sneering chum(s) posting in this thread yesterday.... He (they) had absolutely no intention of reading any of the articles and just wanted to wave his little Levy out flag in an ignorant fashion.)

Last edited:

Being merely the 5th (up until a couple of years ago 6th!) richest club in our league might help add a little perspective for you here.......

I know some clowns that have already posted in this thread think that ought to guarantee us a CL FINAL APPEARANCE "every year", but yeh... clowns will be clowns.

Granted Leicester has been a tough pill to swallow though as has watching a proverbial golden generation win nothing between '15 & '19, but still anyone that feels entitled to trophies has got shit pretty fucking wrong.

Last edited:
Indeed... I couldn't give a shit about our finances beyond wanting to understand why certain things do or don't happen at the club. I used to work in accounts/finance and it (along with other people's money) bores the shit out of me.

Only to add, I find it extremely telling that many that rant about "thievery", "tight-bald-cunts", "anchor tenants" and so on run scared at the sight of ACTUAL concrete facts and figures that in theory ought to prove their ramblings true.
.........I just can't imagine why this might be. :pocheyes:

(See our sneering chum(s) posting in this thread yesterday.... They had absolutely no intention of reading any of the articles and just wanted to wave his little Levy out flag in an ignorant fashion.)

Every time too.

Last year Capitol Radio Summer Ball was booked for WHL but obviously had to be cancelled. That’s an all day long festival. No doubt it will return.
A week of Adele would do nicely for next summer.
We’ve got the rugby lge challenge cup final next year ....moved from Wembley .
Rugby League, that's a northern sport, isn't it?

🤔

Probably take about £23.76 over the bar that weekend.

Being merely the 5th (up until a couple of years ago 6th!) richest club in our league might help add a little perspective for you here.......

I know some clowns that have already posted in this thread think that ought to guarantee us a CL FINAL APPEARANCE "every year", but yeh... clowns will be clowns.

Granted Leicester has been a tough pill to swallow though as has watching a proverbial golden generation win nothing between '15 & '19, but still anyone that feels untitled to trophies has got shit pretty fucking wrong.
Here he is again abusing Spurs fans who want to see us win trophies and call us ‘entitled’. Shameful scenes by paid ENIC accountants who do not understand the THFC history

Are you going to do it? would you like to see our club as a millionaire's toy? Isn't it better to stand or fall by our own efforts ... maybe you don't value honour over greed? only you can know that .....
Hahahahaha

Talking about honour while our cunt charlatan chairman stole from furlough and lied to fans about the ESL so they can maximise ENIC profits

‘Honour’

:harrylol:

Are you a Chelsea accountant? Chavs accounts haven't been released yet, how did you "create" this information? Surely you didn't just make it up ;);)
They’ve just reported their numbers and their revenue has increased by £29M. Makes our 22% drop even more stark. Paying yourself another bonus this year Daniel? Failure on and off the pitch

The bald dweeb should be sacked by Lewis and paid off

They’ve just reported their numbers and their revenue has increased by £29M. Makes our 22% drop even more stark. Paying yourself another bonus this year Daniel? Failure on and off the pitch

Levy owns something like 30% of ENIC whilst Lewis owns the other 70%. ENIC owns circa. 85% of THFC so Levy technically owns 30% of 85% of THFC or approx 25% of THFC.

Levy is not going anywhere unless
- he dies
- ENIC sells

By "paid off" do you mean buy out his shares in ENIC or something else?

Levy owns something like 30% of ENIC whilst Lewis owns the other 70%. ENIC owns circa. 85% of THFC so Levy technically owns 30% of 85% of THFC or approx 25% of THFC.

Levy is not going anywhere unless
- he dies
- ENIC sells
Levy isn’t a billionaire. Some personal attacks when Conte walks should see him move on…. I suspect Lewis will buy him out and employ a capable CEO

Here he is again abusing Spurs fans who want to see us win trophies and call us ‘entitled’. Shameful scenes by paid ENIC accountants who do not understand the THFC history
He is very temperamental always spewing hatred towards anyone who dares to question.
And yet he or she is banging on about self entitlement and yet that post is one of the most self entitled posts I have seen on here truly shocking.

Back
Top Bottom