?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we can't handle being in the Europa cup and performing in the league, then we can't handle CL and the league. We could have, should have been in that Europa cup final, all the teams in are half of the draw were very beatable, would have had a massive semi final with Woolwich then Man U in the final.
If the players share your mentality it would certain explain why we have won fuck all in 12 years and won one trophy in 21 years.

The Vauxhall conference Europa cup as certainly devalued the Carabou cup but I still want to win it, could always play the kids in Europe. Anyway I don't think we are going to be in European competition for a long time and we are going to be as mediocre as we were before Jol took over.

If we can't handle being in the Europa cup and performing in the league, then we can't handle CL and the league. We could have, should have been in that Europa cup final, all the teams in are half of the draw were very beatable, would have had a massive semi final with Woolwich then Man U in the final.
If the players share your mentality it would certain explain why we have won fuck all in 12 years and won one trophy in 21 years.

The Vauxhall conference Europa cup as certainly devalued the Carabou cup but I still want to win it, could always play the kids in Europe. Anyway I don't think we are going to be in European competition for a long time and we are going to be as mediocre as we were before Jol took over.
Hopefully it will be a quick turnaround. The fact is this has been a weird season and Mourinho was the wrong manager to take the helm and his training style damaged Spurs more than it helped. Hopefully we can have a clear out of our deadwood players this summer.

Hopefully it will be a quick turnaround. The fact is this has been a weird season and Mourinho was the wrong manager to take the helm and his training style damaged Spurs more than it helped. Hopefully we can have a clear out of our deadwood players this summer.
People say this every year, Levy doesn't do cut price deals. It's worrying because the new manager will most likely have to get sales to buy.We don't have money that's why we had to Gedson and CV on loan deals. Look back at our history we got Adebayor because he was cheap in terms of transfer fee, fuck knows what would have happened to us if Kane hadn't been discovered.

People say this every year, Levy doesn't do cut price deals. It's worrying because the new manager will most likely have to get sales to buy.We don't have money that's why we had to Gedson and CV on loan deals. Look back at our history we got Adebayor because he was cheap in terms of transfer fee, fuck knows what would have happened to us if Kane hadn't been discovered.
We would be screwed if Kane did not come through.

So, what position would we need to be in to play in the ECL? Is it 8th?

I know it's going to be a wank competition with wanky teams, but I'm kinda hoping it's a trophy we could win!

Depends how much we get for him, and more importantly, how that money is reinvested.

I'd rather keep him though and I have a feeling we will price him out of a move in any case.
Haaland is apparently priced at 150 million, I don't think we would get much more than a 100 million for Kane.

Wolves (H)
Villa (H)
Leicester (A)

We'll be lucky to get 4 points against that lot the way we play so a slim chance of qualifying for the illustrious Europa Conference League.

But to be honest, that's about our level and if we can't win that competition against genuine farmers then we haven't got a fucking chance of winning the EL/CL.

Maybe not, but then Levy could and possibly would tell clubs to go fuck themselves.
Sure but i think he will also think about cashing in on Kane while he can. I'll be happy if Kane stays with us for the rest of career but if we continue like this he won't.

Haaland is apparently priced at 150 million, I don't think we would get much more than a 100 million for Kane.
If Haaland decides to go to Barcelona and digs his heels in then the price is whatever he says it is in real life though. He is supposed to have a release clause saying he can walk in 2022 for £68 million, so if Barca bid e.g. £75 million Dortmund would have to think carefully before saying no ... then they have a pissed off player who leaves for less in under a year.

Kane is under contract until 2024 with no release clause, so if he was to leave somebody is going to have to pay full whack. The next years are probably the peak of his career in terms of his physical ability, form, injury record. He will be 30 when his contract expires, and maybe that makes a really big club think twice. If I had to put money on it I reckon he leaves us at the end of next season for a mega fee unless we suddenly become genuinely competitive.

I know it's going to be a wank competition with wanky teams, but I'm kinda hoping it's a trophy we could win!

7th, we’re just about clinging on with Everton and even bloody Woolwich now breathing down our necks.

I’d be very pleased to see us getting a Europa League spot (and making a decent go of it next year...we should’ve been involved at the business end this season), not enthused about the ECL so pretty ambivalent about it, but not making European competition for the first time in 10 years or whatever it is would be a pretty bad sign of where the club is now at.

7th place for ECL unless Chelsea finish outside the top 4 and win the champ lge which would see the team in 8th qualifying for the ECL

If Haaland decides to go to Barcelona and digs his heels in then the price is whatever he says it is in real life though. He is supposed to have a release clause saying he can walk in 2022 for £68 million, so if Barca bid e.g. £75 million Dortmund would have to think carefully before saying no ... then they have a pissed off player who leaves for less in under a year.

Kane is under contract until 2024 with no release clause, so if he was to leave somebody is going to have to pay full whack. The next years are probably the peak of his career in terms of his physical ability, form, injury record. He will be 30 when his contract expires, and maybe that makes a really big club think twice. If I had to put money on it I reckon he leaves us at the end of next season for a mega fee unless we suddenly become genuinely competitive.
If they are really prepared to accept 75 million then there will be other clubs interested as well. Oliver Khan has said Munich are not interested because his fee is 100 million plus.

If they are really prepared to accept 75 million then there will be other clubs interested as well. Oliver Khan has said Munich are not interested because his fee is 100 million plus.
Yes, but if Haaland says no to everything else they are offered then they can't force him to leave. The player has all the power and if his mind is made up for Barca, or City or wherever then the club has to suck it up.

it’s literally a revamped inter toto cup mate. No better than the Aldi cup let’s be honest. I’m desperate to win trophies, but not this awful ECL disguised as the Inter toto, in which everyone laughed at it years ago. Another opportunity for others to take the piss out of us. More memes with us playing some European part timers. Rather not be In it if I’m going to be honest. It’s Europa or bust for me.

Look at teams involved, will be long flights, time differences, coaches from airport to regional cities. I bet the average door to door journey in this vs CL is at least x3 longer. This must have a huge negative on a fatigued players ability to recover physically, broken sleep etc. Easy to scoff and say they are paid to cope, but it’s fine marginal gains in the top 8. If it’s a 5% reduction in recovery and well being that’s a huge barrier for PL

Almost guarantees we won’t be challenging for 4th

Other teams that look destined for the Conference League include Roma, Villarreal and Moenchengladbach.

I would love to be in it, not just for the away trips, not just for chance to win a trophy, not just to give squad games, but for the possibility of spending 180 minutes abusing Jose

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom