Fiorentina vs Tottenham 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you think about it, if you play Thursday you will always play Sunday. So always two days rest only. Not to mention only one day of training with the league game in mind.

If you play in the CL, half your games are on Tuesday. That means three days rest. Also, because the CL teams are on Sky so often, a lot of their games following a Wednesday will be moved for Sky, to the Sunday (sometimes there are three games on a Sunday) or even the Monday. So even some of their Wednesday games end up allowing them a three or four day rest.

Also, I think the CL did impact us when we were in it, but the teams who tend to be in it have better squad players than we do, and more reserve/squad players who are happier to have that role as they are being paid shitloads, for example someone like Remy at Chelscum.
Sorry mate, great minds and all that!

How comes the CL ties are played two weeks apart and Chavs get to play their 2nd leg after the Final.
Thursday nights and Sundays is bollocks that's what fucks everything up.
That and we ain't had any goals in us for a while.
Eriksen, Kane and Chadli are our only regular goalscorers.
Last year we only had two scoring from midfield also, Eriksen and Paulinho.
The midfield needs to start scoring more.
How many more times are we going to give away goals. Let's at least make them work for them.
When in doubt kick it out, Jan.
Also, that night Stambouli and Bentaleb needed to offer more in CM. It's not all on Eriksen to find the runs of the forwards and attacking mids.

I just hope Mitchell is looking for players that are comfortable with scoring an players that understand the concept of pass and move.
There is just not enough coming forward past Eriksen from Central midfield.
we are so easy to contain then.

Anyway, what's the odds that a CL drop out will be in the final? Complete squad drain the EL. Play it on Tuesdays and let EPL fixtures be on Sat and the CL play on Wednesdays and their EPL fixtures on Sunday or vice versa.
Also why not play the KO ties 3 weeks apart? We could have played Liverpool on the 10th, Fiorentina on the 17th, Spam on the 22nd and Fiorentina again after COC final. Chavs had had their EPL fixture at Leicester today cancelled due to COC final but we have to go to Italy on the 26th?
Oh no, the TV say we want to show more CL, so split the CL up over Tues and Wednes and let the EL play on Thursdays. They then do the EL KO ties a week apart and schedule the CL KO ties 3 weeks apart.
While we are at it, why not fuck off the CL teams entering it so they can have a 2nd bite?

No, I think the EL has been to the detriment of our league form for a while. The CL is scheduled differently.
Chavs: CL Wed / EPL Sun, Tues/Sun, Tues/Sun, Wed/Sat, Tues/Sat, Wed/Sat, and now Tues17th Feb/Wed 11th March. So only 2 times did the play the equivalent of a Thursday/Sunday afternoon. Same with Woolwich I believe.
However, when you're in it you have to try and win it. However, you'll need a decent squad!
Me, I love European nights but they have to sort out the fixtures and play one comp on a Tues and one on a Wednesday.
What it does it give the top teams more advantage giving them 3 to 4 days inc travel between the majority of their European and domestic fixtures whilst the EL teams get 2 inc travel end of.

When I hear " it's amazing how Chelsea have fielded a basically unchanged team this season" the rest periods are the answer.
SKY SKY TV SKY AND MORE SKY GERMAN SKY ITALIAN SKY .Take you pick extended coverage =revenue clubs want it ,the periods when CL is not televised becomes smaller ,then they can offer advertisers cross Europe audience over a longer period .It,s not for any other benefit.

Back
Top Bottom