First Choice Centre Back Partnership.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After our first two clean sheets of the season, I want to know what you guys think our first choice centre back partnership is/should be moving forward.

Now I know it’s a tough call given that we haven’t seen anything of Rodon yet (well he hasn’t touched the ball atleast) but for me the Dier/sanchez experiment hasn’t worked.

I personally would like to see Toby and Rodon given a run of games together to see how they go. If Rodon is as good in the air as Swansea fans seem to think he is then that offsets Toby’s main weakness, and apparently he also has moderate pace to cover for toby aswell.

I still think Toby is our best most composed defender when played on the right and Rodon seems to have played the majority of his games on the left in his recent career.

If that doesn’t work then I would go Toby/Dier for physical teams with less quality and Toby/sanchez for most top 6 games where we will face very pacey opposition.

None of our CB’s are world class but I still think Toby is the best we’ve got and I have a sneaky feeling that Jose is going to slowly start phasing our Dier if he keeps making mistakes. Just my thoughts though, what do you cunts think?

After our first two clean sheets of the season, I want to know what you guys think our first choice centre back partnership is/should be moving forward.

Now I know it’s a tough call given that we haven’t seen anything of Rodon yet (well he hasn’t touched the ball atleast) but for me the Dier/sanchez experiment hasn’t worked.

I personally would like to see Toby and Rodon given a run of games together to see how they go. If Rodon is as good in the air as Swansea fans seem to think he is then that offsets Toby’s main weakness, and apparently he also has moderate pace to cover for toby aswell.

I still think Toby is our best most composed defender when played on the right and Rodon seems to have played the majority of his games on the left in his recent career.

If that doesn’t work then I would go Toby/Dier for physical teams with less quality and Toby/sanchez for most top 6 games where we will face very pacey opposition.

None of our CB’s are world class but I still think Toby is the best we’ve got and I have a sneaky feeling that Jose is going to slowly start phasing our Dier if he keeps making mistakes. Just my thoughts though, what do you cunts think?
I think Toby and Dier are our best atm.

However, they both lack pace and Toby's knocking on a bit.
Rodon is too earl to say, but I would definitely be looking to buy two CBs in the next 2 windows.

I think Toby and Dier are our best atm.

However, they both lack pace and Toby's knocking on a bit.
Rodon is too earl to say, but I would definitely be looking to buy two CBs in the next 2 windows.
I’d like to see how Tanganga is but it’s annoying he’s always injured.

We have to somehow get rid of Sanchez before we buy new CBs, and that’s going to be very difficult.

I’d like to see how Tanganga is but it’s annoying he’s always injured.

We have to somehow get rid of Sanchez before we buy new CBs, and that’s going to be very difficult.
TBH, I'd forgotten about Tanganga.
:mourfacepalm:
:mourbye:

He has looked promising most times I've seen him. IMO, he's a little too small to be a top CB in the PL, only just 6 ft.

He has looked promising most times I've seen him. IMO, he's a little too small to be a top CB in the PL, only just 6 ft.
The problem is I think he’s too bulky to stay as a RB throughout his career.

I think he will have to be developed as a CB soon, maybe he’s the athletic partner that Tony needs.

Which ever way, our first step should be to get rid of Sanchez, if he doesn’t improve.

He’s also fast but not “sanchez” fast so he can’t just use recovery pace to get himself out of trouble. I’m not writing him off but he wouldn’t be anywhere near first choice for me at this point.

Watching last nights game is all the proof we need that Dier isn't the one

Burnley barely put a foot wrong last night. A clever corner was the difference between a goal and a clean sheet.

Meanwhile, Dier inexplicably tries to be clever and was a ball to hand away from playing their striker in.
It's an all too familiar occurance with him.

Meanwhile, an ageing and one eyed Toby doesn't put a foot or head wrong all game.

We need to find his successor before it's too late and we need a full time dier replacement.

The problem is I think he’s too bulky to stay as a RB throughout his career.

I think he will have to be developed as a CB soon, maybe he’s the athletic partner that Tony needs.

Which ever way, our first step should be to get rid of Sanchez, if he doesn’t improve.

bro, he ain't going to improve.

you might be right. I just think his limitations are not the type that are easy to iron out. Hope I'm wrong
Edit: and I was talking about Sanchez

Not sure about that.
Spanish Spur Spanish Spur responded to a post about Tanganga playing at RB for the rest of his career.
Could be wrong though.
:adethumbup:

Last paragraph of the first quoted message.

Back
Top Bottom