First Game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With football being off for abit thought I'd just ask, what are the circumstances that happened for you to support Spurs?

Because let's be fair, supporting Spurs is basically full on Cuckold. What was your first game?

I'm 24 at the moment, from Wales, but my grandad used to work in London, and in 2002 I went to my first game after not really knowing what football was before this, the game I watched was us at home to Blackburn Rovers where we got spanked 4-0, and since then I was hooked, what a depressing state of affairs.

First games?

First interest in football was as a six year old watching Italia 90 with my older brother who is United fan.. Gazza was my first football hero and decided on my team watching re run of motd after spurs beat Oxford in Fa Cup in 91.. First shirt was that Hummel shirt, remember being in tears watching him stretchered off in cup final lol first game was klinsmann last game v Leeds.. Get over once a year with my boy who I've brainwashed, first was Leverkusen defeat then Bournemouth both at Wembley.. Then this season his first visit to N17 for Southampton.. lived in Manchester for a bit years ago and got too loads of games up at Wigan, Manchester, Preston, Blackburn etc .

I lived in tottenham and had cousins who didnt live there but were very pro me supporting them and a spurs supporting best mate.

All that and Glenn hoddle!

My first game was at home to southampton in 1986. I remember metgod coming on and missing the winning penalty as for some reason we left early to avoid the crowds even though we lived a 10 minute walk away.

Spurs 5-1 Man Utd. 1965. Don't tell me, I already know I don't behave like I'm old enough.

To be fair, Spurs was already my team - and had been for a few years. Never anything else.

I was born and brought up in Northern Ireland and started following Spurs in 1970, aged 7.My first game was actually away at Aston Villa,March 78 I think.2-0 down at halftime and won 3-2!! Chris Jones got two I think.Think first home game was a turgid 0-0 draw v Man U ,September 1979 ( maybe )
I moved to London in1982 to go to University (but mainly to watch Spurs) and didn’t miss a game home or away for the next seven years.Literally the best and happiest times of my entire live.

One of my worst experiences live was at Old Trafford in April 2009.. 2 nil HT loving life, ended up 5-2 United.. left at 4-2 as couldn't face tram home with the mancs.. heard roar of fifth as I was heading past cricket ground

One of my worst experiences live was at Old Trafford in April 2009.. 2 nil HT loving life, ended up 5-2 United.. left at 4-2 as couldn't face tram home with the mancs.. heard roar of fifth as I was heading past cricket ground
I was at that game.
The match turned on a shocking penalty decision for Utd when Gomez clearly got the ball.
I also went up there a few years later when we won 2-1 under sherwood. We had a few decisions go our way that night. Moyes was their manager.

I was at that game.
The match turned on a shocking penalty decision for Utd when Gomez clearly got the ball.
I also went up there a few years later when we won 2-1 under sherwood. We had a few decisions go our way that night. Moyes was their manager.
Yip your correct.. awful decision.. think Bent scored for us that day

Think this has been done several times over - but the all white kit in 1985-1987 did it for me, cementing various spurious links to North London. First started going in 1989-90. City at home. 1-1. Howells and then Colin Hendry.

Hmm.. I'll caveat this with having no family ties to Spurs.

The first ever premier league game I properly watched was the Yanited v @rsenal game in 2003 where the gooners behaved like nasty gits. From that day on I realised I deeply resented @rsenal. I was also under the impression Arsene Wenger owned the club (due to his namesake) and he annoyed me in many ways.

My second ever game was the 3-4 Spurs Man City game later on in that season (with the Ziege free kick and Joey Barton getting sent off).... but I only watched the first half and then switched it off... spursy. After this I figured that Spurs and Woolwich had beef and that made me like them even more.

After that I properly started following Tottenham and you could say I became a truly dedicated fan ca. 2005-7 (my favourite player at the time was Tom Huddlestone haha)

So it's been 15 years... surprisingly I don't know a single Spurs fan IRL.

Favourite spurs moments of all time:

1) Moura hat trick in Amsterdam
2) Bale last minute goals 2012/2013
3) Peter Crouch winner vs AC Milan

1963 vs Burnley. Can't remember the score but we won. Days of Greaves, Gilzean.
Only regret is never winning the League since. Been to 2 League Cups and 2 F A Cups, but winning the League would be tops.

Italia ‘90.

10 years old and all of my favourite players (Lineker, Gazza, Waddle) would have ‘Tottenham Hotspur’ come up on the TV. Started following Spurs from that point, and the following season we won the FA Cup.

First game was England v Denmark. El Tel’s first game in charge, I believe. The next was Euro ‘96, England v Scotland.

My first Spurs game was a pre-season friendly v Torino. Went up there with Sarah and we sat in the Park Lane. Gio and Bentley looked like the real deal, and if I remember correctly, Bale was introduced to the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom