Fixture list 2020/1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

rPNCqww.gif
I worked with him last week....

CLANNNNG! #namedrop.com!

We’ve had 28 opening day fixtures in the Premier League era. Our first match in the Premier League was a goalless draw at Southampton on 15 August, 1992. Our opening day record is won 11, drawn 7, lost 10.
We've played 21 of our 28 opening day fixtures in the Premier League away from home.
I would have to check but I wonder how many times we've played a newly promoted side first game of the season ?? Anybody know ?

We’ve had 28 opening day fixtures in the Premier League era. Our first match in the Premier League was a goalless draw at Southampton on 15 August, 1992. Our opening day record is won 11, drawn 7, lost 10.
We've played 21 of our 28 opening day fixtures in the Premier League away from home.
I would have to check but I wonder how many times we've played a newly promoted side first game of the season ?? Anybody know ?
Newcastle away 93/94 opening day - pretty sure they were newly promoted.

Aston Villa last season.

Palace away 13/14, Soldado penalty - think they were newly promoted.

I mean I know you can't have rivals playing at home on the same day etc. but I didn't know that, is that an actual thing?
Only if there are thousands of fans of 4 clubs (2 sets of home fans/2 away) milling around a relatively local area...

I always thought it was more of a Police logistical thing, than FA...

But thinking about it, if there ARE no fans for the next few months, I don't see it as a problem if we and Arse play home matches on the same day/weekend!

First Game - Burnley (H)
Boxing Day - Villa (A)
New Years Day - Palace (H)
First NLD - October 18th (A)
Second NLD - March 14th (H)
Final Day - WBA (A)

#MysticGatsby

Newcastle away 93/94 opening day - pretty sure they were newly promoted.

Aston Villa last season.

Palace away 13/14, Soldado penalty - think they were newly promoted.
Bristol City's last ever top-flight game was against us - in May '80.
I'll get me coat...:coys:

Back
Top Bottom