Flag Pole (Geddit?)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which Design would you pick?

• Guido UTS

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Guido TFC Cock

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Guido TFC Shield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sean THFC logo

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Nutter-Naylor Quadrants

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Nutter Naylor Navy White horizontal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CSWY Greavsie / UTS etc

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • CSWY UTS 1882 N17 TFC

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
OK am I sending this one....

70r4Cx0.jpg

off for approval, and changing to a generic font if the club don't want us using the corporate typeface?

Anyone who has offered but doesn't want to contribute to this design would you please either post on this thread or message me?
👏

70r4Cx0.jpg

off for approval, and changing to a generic font if the club don't want us using the corporate typeface?

Anyone who has offered but doesn't want to contribute to this design would you please either post on this thread or message me?
Still happy to contribute :)

Ok there still seems to be a reasonable amount of positive sentiment towards getting one made.

I guess it just needs to be as the preferred one just with a generic typeface?

I would like to suggest, as an act of satire, a flag with writing in comic sans font 'generic spurs flag' because it would be subversive art and make me laugh every time I see it.

EDIT: I would like it to also have the motto 'we hope you win'.

This might not be my most helpful suggestion.

Last edited:
Sorry chaps, we can't give the OK to use the logo etc outside of stuff we control/produce. I know, that sounds corporate as fuck but if one of you wraps a brick up in the flag and wallops a horse then that's not a great situation all round. Extreme example but you get what I mean.

Soz :(
...but what if it's a brick taken from the old WHL after demolition, therefore representing the true history of our proud old club, whilst at the same time bringing tradition and the transition of old and new bang up to date...

It would be a Heritage Brick, surely??

I would like to suggest, as an act of satire, a flag with writing in comic sans font 'generic spurs flag' because it would be subversive art and make me laugh every time I see it.

EDIT: I would like it to also have the motto 'we hope you win'.

This might not be my most helpful suggestion.
I like this.

70r4Cx0.jpg

Beautiful. The club font is a nice touch as well.

I've asked the club whether it's too late to get a flag displayed at all this season. Tomorrow I'll re-do the design in a different font and send it off to the site.

I'll let everyone know how much it comes to when I get the final price.

Another missive from the club. On a Sunday!!

Hi Rocket

We're going to review it early this week to see how many we have and if we can accommodate any more, so I'll get in touch with you midweek to let you know - if it's straightforward, it's probably worth getting the font changed on the design so it's good to go.

If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know.

Thanks

Levi

OK Sorry for the delay work (from home) has been bloody mental over the last few days. but it's ordered now. I've got it coming to my adddress in case the club don't want it yet.

Once it's here and I know it's OK I'll contact the club again and see if I can get it sent to them. at that point I'll decide what to do about collecting in the donations.

Fingers crossed we get to see it on the telly at some point this season.

Going forward does anyone know if the club look after flags between games or do you have to take it back and forward to games. If you have to cart it around it would be better if someone else(probably local) looked after it as I can't guarantee that I will be regularly attending in the future.

Back
Top Bottom