Flares

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flares

• I hate them

• I don't care

• I like them

• I love them

Results are only viewable after voting.
Good Time Dancing GIF

Personally I hate them. They look shit and as someone with a respiratory condition they can be really horrible for me.

I've voted hate, but in the context of setting them off in the stadium and throwing them onto the pitch - could cause serious injury.
But outside, they do look quite spectacular, trouble is they tend to be in the hands of irresponsible idiots.

I had a pair of bright pink satin Oxford Bags, I sent hours ironing them and then wouldn't sit down until I was on my way home from the disco :)
When a teenager I had a suit made and asked for wide lapels, flare trousers and no turnups.
The tailor made it narrow lapels, straight leg and with turnups.
I had paid in advance and was a kid so I swallowed it.
The suit was like the ones worn by Sean Connery at the time and looks great when I look at old photos but I wanted to look like Budgie!

If I was one of the Spurs groundstaff I would hate people who throw flares with a passion, but I wouldn't like footballers either.

"Git orf moi grarse"

Back
Top Bottom