Flares

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flares

• I hate them

• I don't care

• I like them

• I love them

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've fired up one of those in the stands when I was about 16. As soon as the stewards went after me, I tried to hide it by leaving it on the concrete and putting it out by stepping on it, unknowing that it holds a temperature around 1600 degrees celcius. Melted my sneakers that day.

So flares I hate, main reason is the same as many have already posted on. I don't trust the person that's got one lit. (don't trust him not to hold it above my head, drop it on me, throw it at me, think it's a lightsabre, all after he's had 10 pints and a few grams of coke - fuck right off with that).

Smoke bombs - these are better because as far as I know, they don't burn at a temperature capable of melting the sun. Although I've heard they can mess up your threads if you're holding one(??).

I don't like the use of them in the stadium unless they are before KO and used as the teams come out the tunnel, I think they look great then. However, let's be clear, I'm talking about what it looks like where they are used in ultra cultures, so not in UK stadia, so hundreds of them going off at the same time. In UK stadia they look absolutely pathetic as Jonny is holding up the only one.

I've long been a proponent for wishing we would hold more of a "welcoming" of rival fans to our stadium (and also for cheering our lads into the ground) on match days. Think they look absolutely great when used this way (even Jonny's solo effort).

I love them, but you need the ultras to handle them, so in England that doesn't work, because the english don't have the "ultras" mentality.
In the Balkans, the pyro shows are incredible to watch and not dangerous at all (in most cases), because the Ultras understand that it's for show.
In England, they're a disruption because in most cases they're handled by dickheads who want to disrupt the play/cause trouble.

The smoke gets right into your lungs. Very anti-social. Horrible things, used by thick, selfish twats.
Completely agree. Hellish for those with asthma and just means getting in the stadium becomes more and more invasive procedure as authorities try and stop them.

Completely agree. Hellish for those with asthma and just means getting in the stadium becomes more and more invasive procedure as authorities try and stop them.
Yeah when at Norwich was right near one and it's fucking horrible

Back
Top Bottom