Foden

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure if there is a separate thread about him. Couldn't find one.

I've said this for nearly 2 years now.

This chap is the best English player we've seen since Gascoigne.

He has everything. Southgate is an idiot not to see it. Had he started against Italy we win that game.

I've genuinely not seen a better player for a long time.

He has it all and will only get better.

I'd go as far to say he could be better than Bale and Giggs.

Yep. Only injury will stop him from becoming one of the best 5 players in the world for me. A lot of City fans think that Cole Palmer will be at least equally as good, and from what bit I've seen of him so far, I can't say I would disagree.

I love Jude Bellingham though. Gifted but also has a shithouse side to him on the field. I love watching them both.

Not sure if there is a separate thread about him. Couldn't find one.

I've said this for nearly 2 years now.

This chap is the best English player we've seen since Gascoigne.

He has everything. Southgate is an idiot not to see it. Had he started against Italy we win that game.

I've genuinely not seen a better player for a long time.

He has it all and will only get better.

I'd go as far to say he could be better than Bale and Giggs.
He's probably already better than Giggs. Bale though in his prime was an absolute monster, he has a level to go before reaching that but he certainly could do.

He's probably already better than Giggs. Bale though in his prime was an absolute monster, he has a level to go before reaching that but he certainly could do.

Yeah, Bale for us was just ridiculous. He was literally Messi/Ronaldo level for a while he was that good. Unplayable. I think Foden is every bit as gifted, if not more naturally so. But Bale was just a freak with his pace, power and athleticism at his best. He was almost like Traore but with much more ability and an end product.

I'll be honest and say I don't think he is Giggs level yet.

He was amazing. I remember watching him live quite a few times and to see his brain. How he jumped and made sure his feet were in the right direction to land and move in one fluid motion was incredible.

And you're also right. Giggs was one below Bale.

But I think he might have it.

Most talented young British player with the highest ceiling I've almost ever seen, genuinely two footed, works his socks off, can do it all, could play him anywhere apart from the back four.

If he keeps on progressing he'll be one of the best players of his generation IMO. Mega clubs will eventually be falling over themselves to try and sign him if they've any sense.

Last edited:
Most talented young British player with the highest ceiling I've almost ever seen, genuinely two footed, works his socks off, can do it all, could play him anywhere apart from the back four.

If he keeps on progressing he'll be one of the best players of his generation IMO. Mega clubs will evertually be falling over themselves to try and sign him if they've any sense.
I'd say he's already at a "mega club" right now. There are only 2 clubs who would stand a chance of luring him away from Man City right now: PSG, due to their money, and Real M. due to their money and reputation...

Madrid don't have the lure that they've always had at the moment. Them and Barcelona and well and truly behind City, Liverpool, Bayern and Chelsea. PSG too. I can't see him ever moving from there unless City stop playing him and want to sell him. And that's very unlikely to happen.

I'd say there's a much bigger chance of him being there all his career than not.

Well, I agree with that statement but my point was (which wasn't very clear) that Man City is more attractive than any "mega club" right now and thus, by default, can be called a "mega club" :cool:

You only leave City for any Spanish club right now if you're South American or Spanish/Portuguese.

Foden had a pretty poor Euro's and he hasn't been great this season, albeit he's had some moments. I think he would be better at a club where he's the main man and everything goes through him. Being played as a false number 9 by Guardiola and then swapping positions two or three times every game he starts currently is hurting both his form and progress.

WTF was that all about ?
I am not sure about how legit this is, but according to the reddit thread on this subject it was apparently some drunk knobhead that went up to Foden and started verbally abusing him. Screaming at him and calling him a cunt and such. Mama Foden, who is also a bit drunk based on this, shows up and pushes the guy away and starts shouting at him. And the first drunk slob slaps her. And that sets everything of.

Back
Top Bottom