Football Documentaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every now and then I watch the Bobby Robson documentary. I think it’s the only thing I have actually bought on YouTube. Means I can just stick it on every now and then for some feel good watching / listening. Might do that today actually.

Truly inspiring man. And it tells an interesting story of him at Barca too. A little insight into early years of Pep and Jose.

Lovely to see his relationship with Gazza too before and during Italia 90.

Always brings a little tear to my eye but ultimately it is a reminder of how “good” football can be for people and the warmth of character of people who make great managers.

The new Netflix documentary "FIFA Uncovered" is both awesome and terrible. It's really interesting and that's why I say it's awesome. It's terrible because the corrupt and criminal behaviour (I know, no surprise there) is just appalling.

I'm not all the way through it yet, but it's really worth a watch.

The new Netflix documentary "FIFA Uncovered" is both awesome and terrible. It's really interesting and that's why I say it's awesome. It's terrible because the corrupt and criminal behaviour (I know, no surprise there) is just appalling.

I'm not all the way through it yet, but it's really worth a watch.
Just finished the series.

Whilst it didn't tell me a great deal more than I already knew, the fact that the numerous bribes, for that is what they were, were given with the knowledge of so many other FIFA Ex-Co members is scandalous but of no real surprise. Almost everyone kept their mouth shut in order to keep power and the status quo.

The practice is, unfortunately, far too common in business and government and I have so much time for any whistleblower who often stands more than to lose their job, and investigate journalists who expose these crooks.

I really don't know how things can change. It's all well and good for the great and good to say they will be transparent etc, but at some point at that level you need to either compromise your principles or look the other way or you won't last too long in position.

I'm just about halfway through, so I'm looking forward to the second half. But, when the secretary general challenged him outright, lost and got fired, that was pretty incredible. It's interesting to me when they talk about finance and the fact that most of the people there have no idea about that side of things, so Blatter could've told them anything and they have no way of knowing.

I feel like that happens more often than we realise. I know professionally I deal with people all the time who haven't the foggiest notion about these things, and suffice it to say, it's critically important!

Every now and then I watch the Bobby Robson documentary. I think it’s the only thing I have actually bought on YouTube. Means I can just stick it on every now and then for some feel good watching / listening. Might do that today actually.

Truly inspiring man. And it tells an interesting story of him at Barca too. A little insight into early years of Pep and Jose.

Lovely to see his relationship with Gazza too before and during Italia 90.

Always brings a little tear to my eye but ultimately it is a reminder of how “good” football can be for people and the warmth of character of people who make great managers.

That is a good one. Bobby Robson was someone I always enjoyed listening to.

That is a good one. Bobby Robson was someone I always enjoyed listening to.

I didn’t really appreciate what he had achieved in the game when Italia 90 happened. A great man.

I was just a teenager so a lot of that documentary was all new information to me. But that World Cup remains my favourite. 1982 was special too as the first one I can really remember but 1990 remains full of great life memories.

Just watched a couple on C4 re corruption in FIFA - Sepp Blatter has no shame, how he's not behind bars is corruption at the highest level.
sepp blatter money GIF

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom