Football Documentaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kenny-life of King Kenny Dalglish BBC1 tonight another Liverpool love in
I might give this one a swerve. Although I bet it's probably a decent watch, hope it goes to iPlayer for a catch-up.

I actually don't mind Dalglish, quality footballer and great competitor, probably the only Liverpool player I don't mind from that era (but an absolute weapon as a Manager). As a kid I thought Keegan was alright too, although even in my tender years his adverts and ham acting were so fucking annoying, the Green Cross Code and Brute ones that particularly stick in the memory. Greatest moment of his has to be falling off his bike in Superstars, couldn't even ride a bike, lol. (ahh, the mighty Brian Jacks).

I might give this one a swerve. Although I bet it's probably a decent watch, hope it goes to iPlayer for a catch-up.

I actually don't mind Dalglish, quality footballer and great competitor, probably the only Liverpool player I don't mind from that era (but an absolute weapon as a Manager). As a kid I thought Keegan was alright too, although even in my tender years his adverts and ham acting were so fucking annoying, the Green Cross Code and Brute ones that particularly stick in the memory. Greatest moment of his has to be falling off his bike in Superstars, couldn't even ride a bike, lol. (ahh, the mighty Brian Jacks).
What ever happened to Brian jacks? He rocked up our school once and got his photo taken with every kid must have been about 300 kids:dembelelol:

Can't help but feel that was more of an advert for the place. Does anyone know if this is a fee paying school? Wouldn't surprise me, Mum's & Dad's all over the World paying fortunes to get their kids to attend, with the perfect get out clause in the contract of not many make it. Or am I just a cynical old bastard. (appreciate that if you are the next Messi then you'll be offered a place for free)????

On History tomorrow 7pm Pele,Argentina & Dictators. Story of the 78 World Cup on how Argentina cheated,(never I’m not believing that) on how Peru rolled over and let them win Ricky Villa gives an interview it’s comparing Argentina then as a country to Russia now there was more to it it than just ticker tape.

Was watching the Kenny Dalglish doc on iplayer. What a player and servant to Liverpool through some very dark times. Couldn't believe he hadn't been knighted. So it's fantastic that he finally received the honour today

Bring Me the Head of Diego Maradona

45 minute documentary on his career. Interviews with plenty of key figures, such as Villa, Ardiles, Lineker, Pele, and the man himself.

Very interesting, and makes me view him in a very different light. Apparently during the early stages of his career he threatened to retire if he wasn’t allowed to join Sunderland!

There seemed to be the view that Maradona’s status in Argentina was defined by context (beating England in that manner after the Falklands) and that Messi could win two world cups and still not be considered the greatest by Argentines. Oddly enough, before the ‘86 World Cup he hadn’t played international football for 3 years, and wasn’t particularly rated by his own fans. When he was made captain there was a very negative reaction.

Well worth a watch.

Can't help but feel that was more of an advert for the place. Does anyone know if this is a fee paying school? Wouldn't surprise me, Mum's & Dad's all over the World paying fortunes to get their kids to attend, with the perfect get out clause in the contract of not many make it. Or am I just a cynical old bastard. (appreciate that if you are the next Messi then you'll be offered a place for free)????

You can’t just get in with money

Back
Top Bottom