Football Documentaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This just popped up on my watchlist. One of my favourite players from the 90's so looking forward to this.

This looks great! I am Italian, and definitely to me Baggio has been the best Italian player of my lifetime
I love that in this film they all speak with strong regional accents. Looking format to watch it

With the upcoming International Tournament I felt it was a good time to post this classic documentary from 1993, Do I Not Like That: The Final Chapter.

Was the first football documentary I ever watched (my older brother had it on video) and still one of the best IMO.

What's everyone's opinion on it, as well as that England team of 92/93 and their failure to qualify for the World Cup?

IMO it was where they finally got found out, the 1990 team was very lucky to get to the World Cup Semis as they had been poor throughout the tournament anyway, Taylor had to inherit a team that had underperforming players all over the pitch, but also you could say he made some bizarre squad picks, Carlton Palmer being the most infamous.

With the upcoming International Tournament I felt it was a good time to post this classic documentary from 1993, Do I Not Like That: The Final Chapter.

Was the first football documentary I ever watched (my older brother had it on video) and still one of the best IMO.

What's everyone's opinion on it, as well as that England team of 92/93 and their failure to qualify for the World Cup?

IMO it was where they finally got found out, the 1990 team was very lucky to get to the World Cup Semis as they had been poor throughout the tournament anyway, Taylor had to inherit a team that had underperforming players all over the pitch, but also you could say he made some bizarre squad picks, Carlton Palmer being the most infamous.

Great doc!

So, so many memes from one film, even before memes were a thing!
"went to fookin sleep"
"linesman, linesman"
"do I not like that"
"I'm a metre, I'm a metre"
"hit Les, hit Les......Fucking elll"
"can we not knock it"
"Platty!!"
"Yes Martin, yes"

I think this is the reason why there haven't been any behind the scenes stuff until the heavily PR controlled Amzon docs.

He was supposed to be one of the nicest men in the game, yet all this film did is add fuel to the then out of control Red Top hacks, it didn't reveal much about him as all of his interviews were conducted 1 on 1 just as they would be normally done by any media company prior to a game.

No matter how you look at it it's still mindboggling that he agreed to it, but it's a fantastic watch.

Get Shirty on one of the main terrestrial channels, can't remember which. The story of the rise and fall of Admiral shirt manufacturers. I like anything retro these days :)

Great doc!

So, so many memes from one film, even before memes were a thing!
"went to fookin sleep"
"linesman, linesman"
"do I not like that"
"I'm a metre, I'm a metre"
"hit Les, hit Les......Fucking elll"
"can we not knock it"
"Platty!!"
"Yes Martin, yes"

I think this is the reason why there haven't been any behind the scenes stuff until the heavily PR controlled Amzon docs.

He was supposed to be one of the nicest men in the game, yet all this film did is add fuel to the then out of control Red Top hacks, it didn't reveal much about him as all of his interviews were conducted 1 on 1 just as they would be normally done by any media company prior to a game.

No matter how you look at it it's still mindboggling that he agreed to it, but it's a fantastic watch.
I also think it showed the big difference between Club and international management, Taylor clearly wasn't suited to the latter, he needed to be around the players almost every day, after all his club record especially with Watford speaks for itself.

How did Rose West become England manager :mourglasses:

in Anelka Movie , he said how his team mates were at this moment and Raul include ...
All the drama around Perez is so funny , he just said the true . Dudek book is very nice :)

(Not really "documentaries" per se but couldn't think of anywhere else to put this).

I wonder if anyone on here has ever seen this series on YouTube called On The Road?

It's by a Spurs fan who goes by the YouTube name of Smiv, basically he goes to grounds around the country from Premier League to non-league and rates their atmosphere, facilities, food & drink and value for money.

He's been to over 100 different grounds over the last few years, but the video above was his visit to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on opening day.

Last edited:

I wonder if anyone has ever checked out the excellent Tifo Football channel on YouTube?

They often do great tactical analysis of teams, but also short documentaries on history.

This is one they did a while back on the Iraqi national team from 2007 that won the Asian Cup, the aftermath of it and also how the team suffered under the Hussain's, notably Saddam oldest son Uday, a sick bastard if there ever was one.

Back
Top Bottom