Football Finance Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm surprised how much City have accumulated considering they spent 5yrs in Div 1 and 2 in this period.

D1xVHPzW0AAQVvM.png

D1xVVQ_X0AAisz7.png

D1xVyn-W0AAjT7E.png

D1xWX_AW0AAYjAv.png

From Companies House site re Tottenham Hotspur Limited !

03 Apr 2019 Group of companies' accounts made up to 30 June 2018
This document is being processed and will be available in 5 days.

sheet-1-3.png

sheet-1-2.png
I have heard / read the opnion that domestic have stagnated but overseas still to grow - its a view I subscribe to.

Total pot still got a way I think, its why the "big 6" pushed so hard for the split to be less equal, there will be another round of that shortly now they have managed to start the process.

I have heard / read the opnion that domestic have stagnated but overseas still to grow - its a view I subscribe to.

Total pot still got a way I think, its why the "big 6" pushed so hard for the split to be less equal, there will be another round of that shortly now they have managed to start the process.

Domestic football rights spiked away from normal inflation growth due to the big deal made a season or two ago. It'll always develop and make money but that spike shows false data accuracy in my opinion.

Overseas is where the Premier League needs to focus its attention. Progressive nations like China & USA are developing their football but there's always room for their fans to adopt a 2nd team and we need to do what we can to maximise the trend of a far less tribal way of football.

A 2nd team for some countries is the same as how many English fans treat the NFL. You dabble with watching them, buy a jersey, watch it when it's on Sky it isn't a way of life like English football is and can be. For me overseas market penetration is the real golden goose but it won't effect tribalism, it's merely for the novelty and lure of the biggest and best league in the world.

If the Premier League don't keep pushing it, it'll leave itself open to doing what the Serie A did in the 90s when people often enjoyed that league more than anything. La Liga has already lost one of its jewels in Ronaldo, Messi won't be around forever and the Bundesliga isn't competitive enough. Big opportunities in markets that have tried to emerge but still haven't shown genuine growth levels to harm our overseas interest.

Domestic football rights spiked away from normal inflation growth due to the big deal made a season or two ago. It'll always develop and make money but that spike shows false data accuracy in my opinion.

Overseas is where the Premier League needs to focus its attention. Progressive nations like China & USA are developing their football but there's always room for their fans to adopt a 2nd team and we need to do what we can to maximise the trend of a far less tribal way of football.

A 2nd team for some countries is the same as how many English fans treat the NFL. You dabble with watching them, buy a jersey, watch it when it's on Sky it isn't a way of life like English football is and can be. For me overseas market penetration is the real golden goose but it won't effect tribalism, it's merely for the novelty and lure of the biggest and best league in the world.

If the Premier League don't keep pushing it, it'll leave itself open to doing what the Serie A did in the 90s when people often enjoyed that league more than anything. La Liga has already lost one of its jewels in Ronaldo, Messi won't be around forever and the Bundesliga isn't competitive enough. Big opportunities in markets that have tried to emerge but still haven't shown genuine growth levels to harm our overseas interest.
What you say is acceptable. The Serie A excelled throughout the 80s and 90s. But then it didn't plan well for the future and "calciopoli" did the rest in 2006: Juventus in 2005 invoiced exactly the same figures as Real Madrid and Manchester United.

Today, programming means aiming at the US market and above all the Asian market, which has an enormous basin. We only hope that the gold rush will not distort the "classic" championships

PL is pushing and pushing well overseas, I don't see them taking their eyes off the ball there. We have first mover advantage, time zone & "exciting" football that helps. I do see the equal split being eroded more and more if we are not careful, if and when that happens Man U & Liverpool are going to be miles ahead of everyone.

What you say is acceptable. The Serie A excelled throughout the 80s and 90s. But then it didn't plan well for the future and "calciopoli" did the rest in 2006: Juventus in 2005 invoiced exactly the same figures as Real Madrid and Manchester United.

Today, programming means aiming at the US market and above all the Asian market, which has an enormous basin. We only hope that the gold rush will not distort the "classic" championships
Need to get a competitive league going, Juves dominance hinders the interest in the league.

Need to get a competitive league going, Juves dominance hinders the interest in the league.

I agree with you but the interest is of those who chase.
Juventus were in Serie B in 2006-2007. In 2007-2008 she came third in Serie A. The year after second (both years with Ranieri). At that point she seemed to have returned permanently to the Italian elite. Instead the next two years were terrible: two seventh places and out of European cups.

In the same years they were building the Juventus Stadium (2009-2011) and with the economic efforts for this project it wasn’t to make a competitive team.

Only in 2011 with Conte we saw the light and growth began.

What have the other clubs done to grow? Anything. Inter won the "Triplete" with Mourinho but without programming for the following years and with such an effort that the damages remained for years. The Naples? Milan? Rome? Every year they snub the Europa League without considering that we start from the bottom: look at the growth of Atletico Madrid.
Or look at the growth of Tottenham that without the means of United, City, Liverpool, however, has a competitive team is a new stadium. Need programming, strategy. I hope (for them) that they grow up but it is their problem.

I agree with you but the interest is of those who chase.
Juventus were in Serie B in 2006-2007. In 2007-2008 she came third in Serie A. The year after second (both years with Ranieri). At that point she seemed to have returned permanently to the Italian elite. Instead the next two years were terrible: two seventh places and out of European cups.

In the same years they were building the Juventus Stadium (2009-2011) and with the economic efforts for this project it wasn’t to make a competitive team.

Only in 2011 with Conte we saw the light and growth began.

What have the other clubs done to grow? Anything. Inter won the "Triplete" with Mourinho but without programming for the following years and with such an effort that the damages remained for years. The Naples? Milan? Rome? Every year they snub the Europa League without considering that we start from the bottom: look at the growth of Atletico Madrid.
Or look at the growth of Tottenham that without the means of United, City, Liverpool, however, has a competitive team is a new stadium. Need programming, strategy. I hope (for them) that they grow up but it is their problem.
Not everything is critism regardless of why the dominance is damaging

Back
Top Bottom