For all of you, Poch needs time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you mean a new squad, with new CL quality players (as you´ve pointed out) but the same issues remain with regards to defensive errors, mentality, no silverware, losing to bottom end teams, conceding within 10 minutes in about 40% of games, poor attacking set pieces, poorly defending set pieces, and terribal away form, but none of it will be down to the manager still?

It will be the chairmans fault, despite signing the top quality players you said being regular top 4 attracts?

Wow
I just asked the question, as long as he gets results there is no problem for me or Levy. That's the reality of it, it doesnt matter how much you complain about his brand of football. If he gets results he will keep his job.

I just asked the question, as long as he gets results there is no problem for me or Levy. That's the reality of it, it doesnt matter how much you complain about his brand of football. If he gets results he will keep his job.

But there comes a point when he wont get top 4 while playing shit football despite having a squad capable of getting to a CL final and having 130M lavished upon it.

That could be this season.

You said that was ok earlier. Now you say it would be a problem if the results wane

But there comes a point when he wont get top 4 while playing shit football despite having a squad capable of getting to a CL final and having 130M lavished upon it.

That could be this season.

You said that was ok earlier. Now you say it would be a problem if the results wane
Well we definitely over achieved by getting to the CL final, it would be a problem as far as fans like yourself calling for his head and the media putting the pressure on. I'm not so sure whether Levy would jump straight away though.

Well we definitely over achieved by getting to the CL final, it would be a problem as far as fans like yourself calling for his head and the media putting the pressure on. I'm not so sure whether Levy would jump straight away though.

But you just said:

as long as he gets results there is no problem for me

What about if he doesnt get the results. Why is it Levys fault. You just lauded Sessengon, Lo Celso and Ndombele as the quality signings we can only get from being top 4.
Why is this on Levy if he´s clearly backed Poch by your own admission?

But you just said:

What about if he doesnt get the results. Why is it Levys fault. You just lauded Sessengon, Lo Celso and Ndombele as the quality signings we can only get from being top 4.
Why is this on Levy if he´s clearly backed Poch by your own admission?
You're mixing up different replies, you said this in relation to him getting results and playing shit.

You mean the latter right?

No I wont be ok with that, but at least we would all know finally what the problem is..

I then said The problem is Levy? The champions league?

Note the question marks, I'm asking you a question because imo there IS no problem as long as he gets results.

You're mixing up different replies, you said this in relation to him getting results and playing shit.

I then said The problem is Levy? The champions league?

Note the question marks, I'm asking you a question because imo there IS no problem as long as he gets results.
And I asked you what if he stops getting the results....which he eventually will and has been already away for nearly one year?

You said you would go down and back him through relegation.

Now you’re saying there is no problem as long as he gets results. Relegation means bad results.

So would you back him or not?
Forget the he said she said.

Answer that question.....you say it’s results based, but relegation is not a reason to sack him?

And I asked you what if he stops getting the results....which he eventually will and has been already away for nearly one year?

You said you would go down and back him through relegation.

Now you’re saying there is no problem as long as he gets results. Relegation means bad results.

So would you back him or not?
Forget the he said she said.

Answer that question.....you say it’s results based, but relegation is not a reason to sack him?
That was a different conversation which was already discussed, look back at the replies to see what I said.
Where did I say relegation wasn't a reason to sack him? I just talked about what I will do.

Oh look the good poster has turned up to stop the discussion that was about football and start slagging people off. How embarrassing that MVP just put you in your place....

:dierno:
you really are a self obsessed chump aren't you?
Every post a hand grenade, every response a challenge and every opinion repeated a thousand times

If he was so blind to your turn of phrase as to think that you were having a reasonable conversation with him then he's either a saint or dimmer than you.

That was a different conversation which was already discussed, look back at the replies to see what I said.
Where did I say relegation wasn't a reason to sack him? I just talked about what I will do.
You’ve been harping on about Burkinshaw for a week and how if I had my way and we sacked him for relegation we would have missed out on the second best manager in our history.

And that’s why we shouldn’t sack Poch if we went down.

Or you meant that it would ok for us to sack Poch but you wouldn’t?
I don’t get what your point is, if you now agree bad results are a reason to sack a manager.

We’ve had bad results away from home since the Harry Winks Fulham winner in January was it?

I know we got to a CL final but trust me we won’t this season. And if our away form continues, and our home form isn’t much better, then you can kiss goodbye to 4th as well.

So be clear, would that, or would that not be ok with you?

you really are a self obsessed chump aren't you?
Every post a hand grenade, every response a challenge and every opinion repeated a thousand times

If he was so blind to your turn of phrase as to think that you were having a reasonable conversation with him then he's either a saint or dimmer than you.

:dier:

Anyone else wondering what this dude wants?

You’ve been harping on about Burkinshaw for a week and how if I had my way and we sacked him for relegation we would have missed out on the second best manager in our history.

And that’s why we shouldn’t sack Poch if we went down.

Or you meant that it would ok for us to sack Poch but you wouldn’t?
I don’t get what your point is, if you now agree bad results are a reason to sack a manager.

We’ve had bad results away from home since the Harry Winks Fulham winner in January was it?

I know we got to a CL final but trust me we won’t this season. And if our away form continues, and our home form isn’t much better, then you can kiss goodbye to 4th as well.

So be clear, would that, or would that not be ok with you?
hahah nice try, trying to mix in the two. Relegation is a hypothetical situation that we discussed.
Last season we got more good results than bad won 23 draw 2 lost 13 finished 4th, so he got results.
This season has only just started, I'm not in a panic. If Levy wants to sack him now he'll be roundly criticised.

hahah nice try, trying to mix in the two. Relegation is a hypothetical situation that we discussed.
Last season we got more good results than bad won 23 draw 2 lost 13 finished 4th, so he got results.
This season has only just started, I'm not in a panic. If Levy wants to sack him now he'll be roundly criticised.

Forget relegation and stop dancing around your contradictiions.
I’ve not said anything about sacking him now.

You have said that it would not matter if we finished 7th.

You have also said that you “will not have a problem as long as he gets the results” in order to keep us top 4:
You have listed various reasons as to why you feel top 4 is very important (calibre of signings we can attract/revenue and so on....)

However, for us to finish 7th (which you say you are ok with) then the results can’t be good enough for top 4.

So. If we finish 7th, due to not getting results, and you in your words you end up “having a problem” with the manager, then why would that not be an ok time to fire him?

It’s not a trick. You have simply contradicted yourself, and if you like I can just prove it with your own direct quotes.

Forget relegation and stop dancing around your contradictiions.
I’ve not said anything about sacking him now.

You have said that it would not matter if we finished 7th.

You have also said that you “will not have a problem as long as he gets the results” in order to keep us top 4:
You have listed various reasons as to why you feel top 4 is very important (calibre of signings we can attract/revenue and so on....)

However, for us to finish 7th (which you say you are ok with) then the results can’t be good enough for top 4.

So. If we finish 7th, due to not getting results, and you in your words you end up “having a problem” with the manager, then why would that not be an ok time to fire him?

It’s not a trick. You have simply contradicted yourself, and if you like I can just prove it with your own direct quotes.
I never said I would have a problem if we finish 7th. He would have a problem with other people like yourself and the media. I don’t think Levy would sack him for finishing 7th when there is no guarantee that anyone would do better.

I never said I would have a problem if we finish 7th. He would have a problem with other people like yourself and the media. I don’t think Levy would sack him for finishing 7th when there is no guarantee that anyone would do better.

Seems like you’re ok with everything then.
Whatever Poch does, it’s fine.

Good argument. I’m out

Back
Top Bottom