For all of you, Poch needs time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kekerinho

ENIC COCKROACHES OUT
He needs time because rebuilding takes time. And the process has already been delayed. Last summer when we didn't get in anyone. We have players who said loud and clear that they want out. Our first team still relies on those players after 2 seasons, can you believe it? We can't and won't replace them in a single transfer window. We have just replaced Dembele with someone who still needs time to adjust to a much more demanding league. Add in the fact that three of our summer signings are out (two injured, another loaned back to a club that doesn't even use him anymore) and there's the result. We're still using the last season's players. The same players that got us in the UCL final yes, but the same players who had an atrocious run of results at the end of the season. I don't know how people expect different results when the players are the same.

Poch needs time. One season, two seasons, we have to stick with him. He needs our support, the fans' support. I don't think another manager can perform significantly better with the crop of players we have now, because the players are not in it with their heart, they are not playing for the badge anymore. You can't recommit a player to a club if his head has been turned.

He needs time because rebuilding takes time. And the process has already been delayed. Last summer when we didn't get in anyone. We have players who said loud and clear that they want out. Our first team still relies on those players after 2 seasons, can you believe it? We can't and won't replace them in a single transfer window. We have just replaced Dembele with someone who still needs time to adjust to a much more demanding league. Add in the fact that three of our summer signings are out (two injured, another loaned back to a club that doesn't even use him anymore) and there's the result. We're still using the last season's players. The same players that got us in the UCL final yes, but the same players who had an atrocious run of results at the end of the season. I don't know how people expect different results when the players are the same.

Poch needs time. One season, two seasons, we have to stick with him. I don't think another manager can perform significantly better with the crop of players we have now, because the players are not in it with their heart, they are not playing for the badge anymore. You can't recommit a player to a club if his head has been turned.
He's had enough time. Next...👀

He's had enough time. Next...👀
We needed 2 transfer windows to replace one player Dembele with one not ready yet for the PL on the evidence of his performances. You can imagine the time needed, on this rate none of us will be around. Therefore turn the page.

All you fucks talk about 'the players should be loyal' 'the players aren't loyal' 'we need players loyal to the club' then one bad start to the season and you call for Poch's head.. he has more than earnt loyalty and patience from the fans, you folk have got short attention spans just want to fuck shit up and see a shiny new thing in the dugout!

All you fucks talk about 'the players should be loyal' 'the players aren't loyal' 'we need players loyal to the club' then one bad start to the season and you call for Poch's head.. he has more than earnt loyalty and patience from the fans, you folk have got short attention spans just want to fuck shit up and see a shiny new thing in the dugout!
A very eloquent post...🙃

The CL final was the final straw for me. So before the start to this season, the same as many others.

We needed 2 transfer windows to replace one player Dembele with one not ready yet for the PL on the evidence of his performances. You can imagine the time needed, on this rate none of us will be around. Therefore turn the page.

When then that is far more concerning than the manager. However I would like to add the two years we did hardy fuck all in the market where two years we where building a £1bn stadium. I’d imagine we will improve in the market going forward.

A very eloquent post...🙃

The CL final was the final straw for me. So before the start to this season, the same as many others.

The CL final, mate we ain’t bloody Liverpool or Barca, we have no divine right to even ever get to a final and it’s not something I imagined we’d ever do. If people think getting rid of Poch and we will fly to trophies like the Champions League then we’d better hope the likes of Simeone are ready to take over.

No. You able to read are you not?? 🤦🏻‍♂️

I said that was the last straw. We got to the final due to luck not judgement. Then Poch picked a poor team with certain players clearly not fit and no sort of tactics.

Ungrateful wanker, honestly.. I suppose we made the top 4 the last 4 seasons in a row due to luck as well? Don't @ me, you seem to have the attention span of a spoiled goldfish

He needs time to bed in the new signings, no doubt.

He shouldn’t need any time to understand that Wanyama, as good as he once was, is now a washed up player who has no business being on the pitch. His last appearance of note was Ajax away where he was dragged off at HT after letting them rip us to shreds in the middle, why is he still involved in the match day squads, never mind being our first choice sub for a big away game?

Why are we still playing the midfield diamond despite it being blindingly obvious that our ageing defense and limited midfielders cannot manage games in that system? If you want to score a goal all you have to do is walk past our midfield.

Why are Lucas, Dier and Davies being completely ignored while the people taking their minutes are playing like shit? Why is Eriksen still trusted to produce magic in these circumstances? Why aren’t Skipp, Parrott and Tanganga getting involved if he doesn’t trust the seniors on the bench?

Some of these things don’t need time to change, they need to change right now. He keeps going on about this being a weak squad and in need of a rebuild but he’s wheeling out Wanyama and Eriksen? Just stop playing them. He is being so stubborn that it can only end in disaster. Where is the Poch who so coolly threw Kaboul, Adebayor, Capoue, etc out of the first team? He’s either gone soft and isn’t willing to be brutal with his own players (as opposed to AVBs leftovers) or he is not actually looking at the reality of our performances. Time isn’t going to change who he is. If he can’t whip the team into shape in a moment like this then he never will. He has to deliver big changes immediately before the season gets away from us.

The longest serving Premier league manager needs time?

You cannot make it -I love the excuse wheel, I can’t wait to see what absurd excuse it will land on the next.

He had time, he got us 4 top 4 finishes and nearly won the league and Champions League on basically no money while competing against money bag clubs like City, Chelsea and not to mention huge clubs like. Liverpool and United.

We now have a squad that is in some areas past it and needs surgery, that’s a long term process. Unless you have a manager that you think we could realistically get who can ‘take us to the next level’ I am not sure where you are going.

Players (3/4) that want out.
Contracts that have been left to run down.
A side allowed to regress.
Mainly speculative young transfers that replace established players.
Sidewinder slow football of 1 year.
A failed "Project " that always going to fail under boardroom restrictions.
Revenue over first 11.
Reactive rebuild team but never evolving .
The blame game is much on Pochs poor tatical flair brother but our Mr Daniel has dumb arsed our first 11 strategy fot his end game .

I've no issues at all giving him time, I said in another thread that I don't think there's currently anyone better available so getting rid now would only make things worse. We've got three potentially key players on the injury list that I'd like to see how Poch fits in and we've got to allow time for the new guys to settle. There is still a bit of an issue with some of the tactical decisions though and I'm not sure how that gets fixed.
If things are still the same nearer Christmas then it's time to start having a rethink, but it's too early for me right now.

He also earned 9M quid last season

Back
Top Bottom