For the love of God can we have a decent free kick.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We must have the lowest free kick conversion rate in the league. Kane seems to take most of them but they are generally awful. The club has generally had at least one decent free taker be it hoddle gazza, bale or erickson. Surely they must be some coaching of this deficiency

We must have the lowest free kick conversion rate in the league. Kane seems to take most of them but they are generally awful. The club has generally had at least one decent free taker be it hoddle gazza, bale or erickson. Surely they must be some coaching of this deficiency
What does coaching mean ?

Youd think after missing our last 1000 free kicks, we might try playing some crosses in or a set play.

I guess nuno believes in the law of averages.

It's a bit like a mass audience version of dogging.
Spurs v Newcastle

giphy.gif

Lo Celso had a cracking free kick in the first half tonight. If it was a little more powerful. A little higher. A bit left. A bit right and a bit more on target we would have been talking about it until 22:56. (Posted @ 22:55)

In short. It was fucking hopeless

I am fed up seeing Kane take free kicks. Im not sure if his strategy is to kick it hard into the wall with the hope of injuring an opposition but that’s the best we can hope from his free kicks. I don’t remember him getting one over the wall let alone scoring one. In any event as the striker he should be in the box trying to score from any loose ball resulting.

Other options
Dier - does a better job than Kane but still not great
Son - In many cases the player who takes Corners takes free kicks. But not Son?
Lo Celso - I think he has the talent to step up on these
Winks - better delivery than our current guy - Kane

Did you know that, in the Premier League, the direct free kick conversation rate stands at only about six per cent? That equates to one goal for roughly every 18 attempts.

Did you know that, in the Premier League, the direct free kick conversation rate stands at only about six per cent? That equates to one goal for roughly every 18 attempts.
Thats for the average players. A good freekick taker could be scoring 1 in every 9. The average is probably dragged down by our players . 1 in a 100 at least.When was the last direct freekick we've scored? Winks' cross doesnt count.

Son
Dier
Winks
Gio

It's a dice roll, but Kane on FKs makes me angry and I don't like being angry. :(

Back
Top Bottom