Formation and Selection

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello All,

I'm new around here, and wanted to get some thought on our formation as I really think a big part of our problem is this 4-2-3-1 where Dier is kind of playing as a defensive midfielder but also drops into a back three at times, I like Dier but he offers very little value in that position, similarly to Henderson for England he mostly passes backwards and often gives away possession when he does try to go forward.
I think we should look at something more like the below.
gT08Dmr.jpg

I think Dembele (Wanyama/Winks as replacement) is good enough to play that CDM role, he hold the ball well, he wins it back, he drives forward with the ball, Dier is redundant and taking him out frees up a position for more attacking players.
We controlled the game last night but we didn't create many chances, with this formation Eriksen and Dele should move around like they did last season and keep the defense guessing.

What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom